ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHILD ON TIER 2 (Child benefit)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Phase10
Newly Registered

CHILD ON TIER 2 (Child benefit)

Post by Phase10 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 pm

Good day everyone,

Please I need help understanding my plight, I presently hold permanent residence card. I have a son who currently hold tier 2 sponsor visa through her mum. Though the child currently qualified to register as British citizen which I ll be applying for soon.
Please is it possible for me to apply for child benefit and tax credit for the child?

If yes, won’t this affect my naturalisation in few months time?

Must I wait till I apply and get the child’s BRITISH citizenship before applying for child benefit and tax credit pls?

I do appreciate your time taking and reply.

Kindest regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: CHILD ON TIER 2 (Child benefit)

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:33 pm

Please is it possible for me to apply for child benefit and tax credit for the child?
Yes. YOU claim NOT the child. Child benefit in YOUR name. Child tax credits MUST be claimed in JOINT names with your spouse.
If yes, won’t this affect my naturalisation in few months time?
No. YOU claim NOT the child. Is your child UK born??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Phase10
Newly Registered

Post by Phase10 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:07 pm

Thank you so much and yes child is uk born.

I do appreciate your swift response.

Phase10
Newly Registered

Post by Phase10 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:29 am

Hi again,

Please my partner is on tier 2 visa at the moment, will qualify for indefinite leave to remain in four months time, if by now I put her name as joint claim with my name on child tax credit, won’t that affect her indefinite leave when she ll qualify by March 2018 please?

Again I work 40 hours and sometimes more weekly, am I able to claim working tax credit?

If yes. Will I be able to claim alone without including my partners name?

Thank you so much in advance for taking your time I do appreciate your contribution and guidance.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:35 am

You MUST claim tax credits in JOINT names. Claiming in your name only means you arw single and you are not. This would be considered benefit fraud.

For tax credits, household income is used not only yours. If your spouse is on tier 2 then likely you do not qualify for tax credits as your combined income will be too high.

No issue for her ILR if claimeding tax credits JOINTLY.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Phase10
Newly Registered

Post by Phase10 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:20 pm

Thank you so much