ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 50 K Extension to 10 Year ILR Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

patel_amit
Newly Registered

Tier 1 50 K Extension to 10 Year ILR Route

Post by patel_amit » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:43 pm

Hello All,

Since we all know that as the appeal rights are revoked we have no choice but to be on the mercy of the case worker.

My Scenario :

Date of Extension due : Feb 2018

Date of 10 Years ILR route : Jan 2019

Gap of 11 months.

Although I have fulfilled all the criteria's of extension but still in worst scenario I get refused , what are my options for continuing under valid stay to achieve the 10 year deadline. Mainly if in worst case I have to apply for pvt. life. application.

Looking forward for your valuable inputs.

Regards

Ace

Gap between Tier 1 Extension and ON year ILR route - 11 moths

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 50 K Extension to 10 Year ILR Route

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:01 pm

patel_amit wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:43 pm
Hello All,

Since we all know that as the appeal rights are revoked we have no choice but to be on the mercy of the case worker.

My Scenario :

Gap of 11 months.

Although I have fulfilled all the criteria's of extension but still in worst scenario I get refused , what are my options for continuing under valid stay to achieve the 10 year deadline. Mainly if in worst case I have to apply for pvt. life. application.

Regards

Ace

There are very few options.

While there are a number of rejection cases in this forum, there are also many successful applications made here. I suspect that the majority of rejections would land up in this forum if they google to check what they can do next. While the majority of those who had a smooth passage would not be active in this forum.
It is also not correct to say you are at the mercy of the CW. You are only at the mercy of the immigration rules. The only place where the CW has an oversize role seems to be in the genuine entrepreneur test. And, so far those that have been rejected due to that have been very few - I am looking forward to see how they fare in the AR.

So, just focus on doing your extension application properly and not start to worry about the 10 year ILR. If you meet the requirements for the points, provide the evidence and are a genuine entrepreneur, the chances of rejection appears to be low.

Given that some of the rejection were communication issues, if you think language is an issue, then try to have someone with you to help with that if an interview is requested.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Depends on why you were refused. If you are refused because you were in breach of the conditions of your visa or accused of deception, then your SET(LR) will also fail as ALL the time spent in 10 years must have been spent lawfully and according to the rules.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

starfashion
India

Post by starfashion » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Same here. Extension due in March 2018 and 10 year Finishing in September 2018. Fully prepared for extension application but really worried and want to finish 10 years soon as possible. I will try to apply last day of my visa and try to delay in biometric and I will pay fees by cheque.
Invested lots of money in business and running successfully business from last three year. Don’t want to loose 3C leave.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 pm

starfashion wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:35 pm
Same here. Extension due in March 2018 and 10 year Finishing in September 2018. Fully prepared for extension application but really worried and want to finish 10 years soon as possible. I will try to apply last day of my visa and try to delay in biometric and I will pay fees by cheque.
Invested lots of money in business and running successfully business from last three year. Don’t want to loose 3C leave.
Your worries are unfounded. Why would you be refused extension if you fully qualify ???!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

patel_amit
Newly Registered

Post by patel_amit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 pm

marcnath wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:01 pm
patel_amit wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:43 pm
Hello All,

My Scenario :

Gap of 11 months.

Regards

Ace

There are very few options.

While there are a number of rejection cases in this forum, there are also many successful applications made here. I suspect that the majority of rejections would land up in this forum if they google to check what they can do next. While the majority of those who had a smooth passage would not be active in this forum.
It is also not correct to say you are at the mercy of the CW. You are only at the mercy of the immigration rules. The only place where the CW has an oversize role seems to be in the genuine entrepreneur test. And, so far those that have been rejected due to that have been very few - I am looking forward to see how they fare in the AR.

So, just focus on doing your extension application properly and not start to worry about the 10 year ILR. If you meet the requirements for the points, provide the evidence and are a genuine entrepreneur, the chances of rejection appears to be low.

Given that some of the rejection were communication issues, if you think language is an issue, then try to have someone with you to help with that if an interview is requested.
Thanks for the valued inputs, while we are sure about the criteria been met and if interviewed we are sure to crack it there is still a slim line of uncertainty here. Hence the worry.

Regards

patel_amit
Newly Registered

Post by patel_amit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:47 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:03 pm
Depends on why you were refused. If you are refused because you were in breach of the conditions of your visa or accused of deception, then your SET(LR) will also fail as ALL the time spent in 10 years must have been spent lawfully and according to the rules.
Hello Zimba,

Do not think that we will be having such as case .

As they say precaution is always better than cure, hence looking for alternate options.

Regards