ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmc88
Newly Registered
Portugal

NCS Appointment

Post by nmc88 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi all,

I have my NCS appointment in January and wondered with the below, what I need to submit as evidence. I have my document certifying permanent residency (issued nov 16), it will be a year holding this status this month.

Do I then only submit evidence proving I have been in full time employment (letter confirming employment) since being issued my residency, or everything within the last 6 years? My PR residency would cover the 5 years, so would they need evidence of just the last year?

Also I have a degree from a UK university (BA Hons) do I only need to submit my degree certificate, along with my life in uk certificate; is anything else need?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: NCS Appointment

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:48 am

Submit what is required by the AN Form instructions - and it has to cover the five or ten years prior to the date of the application, which doesn't coincide with the PR period necessarily. The UK Degree certificate is sufficient for English.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

zapzap

Post by zapzap » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:23 am

Hi mmc88

You will be required to submit evidence that you have been living in the UK as your passport doesn't get stamped so it is more likely they will ask for the P60's of the last 5 years as a proof of evidence

ess212
Newly Registered

Post by ess212 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:52 am

To add to zapzap's advice...

I'd say to submit P60's for up to 10 years (if you've been working in the UK for that length of time) as well as payslips that cover from April 2017 up to your appointment date (or the month before). I submitted 10 years P60's and some payslips. I was advised to do so by the woman at the NCS appointment. She said that it's helpful to have, even if your passport get stamped.

I got my approval about three weeks ago, so maybe it did help. I'm sure it didn't hurt to have the extra documentation.

Good luck :)

nmc88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nmc88 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 am

Thanks for the advice. :)

Unfortunately I don’t have all my P60s within the last 10 years. After finishing university I started working in November 2011 and have been in full time employment since. When I did my application for PR, I submitted official letters from 2 employers confirming date of employment and salary and a letter from job centre confirming a couple months I was on jobseekers, and I was granted permanent residency with these documents as proof.

Can I use the same ones for the application? Of course I will request my current employer for a new letter nearer to the date of my appointment.

I also have one more question.... the first page of the application (section 1.3) asks to give the date I was given ILR to remain, do I leave this blank as I was given PR, or so I put the date my PR was given?

Thank you

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:51 am

Regarding section (1.3) friend of mine called the home office once regarding this point and they told him he need to put the date as one day after the RC date finish , not the date of the PR issued .
So in this case you can apply 6 years after the date of RC ( but you should have PR already )
And that what he did and his application was successful and he is British now

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:05 pm

nmc88 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:26 am
Thanks for the advice. :)

Unfortunately I don’t have all my P60s within the last 10 years. After finishing university I started working in November 2011 and have been in full time employment since. When I did my application for PR, I submitted official letters from 2 employers confirming date of employment and salary and a letter from job centre confirming a couple months I was on jobseekers, and I was granted permanent residency with these documents as proof.

Can I use the same ones for the application? Of course I will request my current employer for a new letter nearer to the date of my appointment.

I also have one more question.... the first page of the application (section 1.3) asks to give the date I was given ILR to remain, do I leave this blank as I was given PR, or so I put the date my PR was given?

Thank you
You may not need to give P60's and pay slips, I didn't have to. I was told by their helpline and a solicitor they weren't need but I cannot remember why. I think it's because I had worked in the UK the whole time

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:51 pm

kirkerj wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:05 pm
You may not need to give P60's and pay slips, I didn't have to. I was told by their helpline and a solicitor they weren't need but I cannot remember why. I think it's because I had worked in the UK the whole time
The requirements are slightly different for EU citizens, which the OP is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nmc88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nmc88 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Thank you,

Yes I am Portuguese.

Official letters were accepted for my application for PR last year, I didn’t submit any pay slips or P60s. If I have Official letters covering the last 6 years of full time employment, leading up to my NCS appointment, this will be fine for my naturalisation application?