ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Partner Unmarried-Should send bills from all months?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lbfrancois

Skilled Partner Unmarried-Should send bills from all months?

Post by lbfrancois » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:46 pm

I am claiming points for skilled partner, we are not married, but have been living together for almost 3 years. I have credit card statements, bank statements and phone bills on his name, on my name I have tenancy contract, rent bill, and car insurance. I think it will be enough.

But I am not sure how name bills of a kind I am supposed to send. Should I send all his phone bills since 2 years ago (all months)?

I want to be sure if I have to send all the bills from all months over the past 2 years or only send a few (from the first month, somewhere in the middle and the last).

Please give me your opinios!!

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:55 pm

i think if you can include a number of bills from right at the beginning and some intermittent ones and possibly the last three months. you could an explanatory note explaining why you havent put in all of them, e.g they got lost or something like that. i dont know if you have to stick to the 2years maybe start with stuff from 3years ago (if you still have them)

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:22 pm

I have most of them, I guess a couple of them might be missing. I can send all of them, but I just dont want to send too much unecessary documents. Besides, If I send all them I wont have any other bills to prove residency in case we need it for something else...

What do you think? Should I send it all???

ford

Post by ford » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:16 pm

Originals for the first and the last few + photocopies for the rest of them should suffice.

Cheers,

Ash14
Newly Registered

Post by Ash14 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:28 am

Hi, I'm also curious about the proof required for unmarried partners.

We both have plenty of documents except not jointly. On the actual application form, it applies they want examples of joint documentation.
But I've also read that it's possible for me to submit examples of documents to him and to me seperately but at the same address.

Do you think this will be enough? And, since it's not joint, is it better to submit more than 4? We could probably do almost every single month for over 2 years.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:34 pm

i think it should be enough. so long as the docs are adress to the same address and cover the 2year period

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:22 pm

lbfrancois, ash,

her's what u should try and provide as proof:

- 5 bills from 5 different sources, atleast 2 of these addressed to both of you.

my friend did, 3 bills for him, 2 bills for her and 2 bills for both.

If you do not have as many bills, you can also show magazine/newspaper subscriptions, or anything as along as they prove residence at that particular address.
They should be spread out during the last 2 years, so if you are applying in March 2005:

- show 1 bill from March 2003 with both of you (or 1 for each)
- show 1 bill from middle March/April 2004 with both of you (or 1 for each)
- show 1 bill from end Feb/March 2005 with both of you (or 1 for each)
- add 2-3 bills in random between the two years e.g. 1 from Aug 2003, 1 from Jan 2004, 1 from Oct 2004

That way, you can factually prove that you have been residing togather for the last 2 years.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Hope this helps.

Ash14
Newly Registered

Post by Ash14 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:06 pm

desiguy,

thanks for the info. as we have very little joint documentation up until now, is it a good idea to now ring up and make sure i put his name on as many bills as possible? i won't be eligible for the HSMP until september, so if i applied at the end of the year, that would give us a good 8 months of joint documentation.

my concern was that if i did that it would look strange that the first year we don't have joint documentation and the second year we have lots.

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:07 am

u have to provide some documentation to prove that u have been living togather since last 2 yrs. having bills from now until september is good, but u will still have to come up with something from earlier.

if u do not have bill, do u have any letters/statement/subscriptions/TAX returns - ANYHING that has name and address for either or both of you.

mbg

Post by mbg » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:25 am

Hi
My application was refused the previous week but they gave me the points for skilled partner. The documents I supplied were:
My partner's Masters Degree - Original + Translation
Certificates for permanet address of living for me and my partner, issued by my local municipality showing the same address of living from 2 years ago;
Notary certified copies of our ID cards (passports) issued 3 years ago (for her) and 1 year ago (for me), showing the same address;
Document from my bank, stating that I have authorized my parner to operate with my account
Document from my partner's bank, stating that my partner has authorized me to operate with her account
Letter from Inssuarance company addressed to me from 3 yaers ago showing the address
Letter from Inssuarance company addressed to my partner from 2 years ago showing the same address

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:58 am

Ash14 wrote:desiguy,

thanks for the info. as we have very little joint documentation up until now, is it a good idea to now ring up and make sure i put his name on as many bills as possible? i won't be eligible for the HSMP until september, so if i applied at the end of the year, that would give us a good 8 months of joint documentation.

my concern was that if i did that it would look strange that the first year we don't have joint documentation and the second year we have lots.
i am sure they will scrutinise the evidence for HSMP in quite some detail too, so it might be just as hard to get the points here as it is hard to get the settlement visa, then again you could get away with it. but from theexperience on this forum they seem to be very strict on the 2 year rule.
i dont think you have to show 'joint' docs, even separate documents addressed to each of you but to the same address will do. if you have one or two items with both your names then that will help

Ash14
Newly Registered

Post by Ash14 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:09 pm

i spoke to another lawyer yesterday and they said it was ok if we didn't have joint docs, as long as we had lots of docs showing us at the same address. but if i make sure that our names are on the same docs this month then, when i apply in september, at least we will be able to provide a few samples. so, we'll see.

mbg, thanks for listing what you submitted - that's really helpful.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:34 pm

Ash14 wrote:i spoke to another lawyer yesterday and they said it was ok if we didn't have joint docs, as long as we had lots of docs showing us at the same address. but if i make sure that our names are on the same docs this month then, when i apply in september, at least we will be able to provide a few samples. so, we'll see.

also just be on the lookout for any changes to the points system before september

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:17 pm

Ash14 wrote:i spoke to another lawyer yesterday and they said it was ok if we didn't have joint docs, as long as we had lots of docs showing us at the same address. but if i make sure that our names are on the same docs this month then, when i apply in september, at least we will be able to provide a few samples. so, we'll see.

that's right. see my previous post, u only need 2 joint docs, rest could be individual one. good luck