ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-Assesment form with UKM?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

surly
Newly Registered
United States of America

Self-Assesment form with UKM?

Post by surly » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Hi All - I'm guessing this has been addressed but I couldn't figure out how to search this forum.

The instructions for Form UKM require a Self-Assessment Statement. As I've never earned income in the UK I have no record with HMRC and so can't get a self-assessement. I wrote a cover letter explaining this - but has anyone else run into this problem?

What is the recommended solution? Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Self-Assesment form with UKM?

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 am

2.1–2.5 If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have
discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self
Assessment Statement of Account.
Are you referring to the above paragraph on page 9 of the guidance notes???

If so, it will be obvious if you completed the information that you are not UK based.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

a_powers
United States of America

Re: Self-Assesment form with UKM?

Post by a_powers » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:06 am

On question 2.5 I put the address of my nearest IRS office.