ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check the status of your application online - New service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dacare2017
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Check the status of your application online - New service

Post by Dacare2017 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:06 am

Hi everyone, Can someone help me please. I applied for my naturalisation application on the 23/08/2017, Due to the nature of my job i don't have time to track the application online but on the 15 of October i managed to check the application on home office website and said awaiting a decision since 1 of september and on 19 of October i recheck the application online, still awaiting a decision but a week later the date is been moved since 3rd week in october. I dont know what to do right now!!

can someone know what is next? please

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:46 am

Dacare2017 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:06 am
Hi everyone, Can someone help me please. I applied for my naturalisation application on the 23/08/2017, Due to the nature of my job i don't have time to track the application online but on the 15 of October i managed to check the application on home office website and said awaiting a decision since 1 of september and on 19 of October i recheck the application online, still awaiting a decision but a week later the date is been moved since 3rd week in october. I dont know what to do right now!!

can someone know what is next? please
The date doesn't appear anymore. You know from your letter when they acknowledged your application. When six months has elapsed or they contact your then you'll know more. Just like the rest of us it's a waiting game.

Devil81
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Devil81 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:45 am

HarryC wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 pm
So for me 10 working days are over. And still no post.
Its soo annoying that caseworkers arent logical headed person. Postman been and dropped all letters and it didnt had any letter from homeoffice. I called at 3:30 pm today and yet they said, call next day as your 10 working days arent over yet.
Now i have to call tomorrow.
They said it will be referred and escalated. God knows when will I receive my letter
Hi

What date did you see your approval (Decided) online?
I saw mine decided on 15th Nov but haven't received the letter yet.

As I didn't use to check the online tool regularly, I am not sure when was my case decided. It could have been before 15th. I used to check only once a week!!

ubamor01
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by ubamor01 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:51 am

Devil81 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:45 am
HarryC wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 pm
So for me 10 working days are over. And still no post.
Its soo annoying that caseworkers arent logical headed person. Postman been and dropped all letters and it didnt had any letter from homeoffice. I called at 3:30 pm today and yet they said, call next day as your 10 working days arent over yet.
Now i have to call tomorrow.
They said it will be referred and escalated. God knows when will I receive my letter
Hi

What date did you see your approval (Decided) online?
I saw mine decided on 15th Nov but haven't received the letter yet.

As I didn't use to check the online tool regularly, I am not sure when was my case decided. It could have been before 15th. I used to check only once a week!!
Just to let you know, I checked mine on the 15th and it changed to "decided". It was definitely updated that same day because in the morning of the 15th it still said "awaiting decision".
I have not received my decision in the post yet.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 am

So i cannot see my status online as the dates doesnt show there. I was told on phone that the application was decided on 7th November.

I called this morning as my 10 working days were over. They referred my case and escalated.
within 30 mins i received an email,

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre regarding the status of your application.

Our records show that your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

As the webpage states the online application status checker is a trial service and as a direct result of your feedback an error has been identified. I apologise that this appears to have happened in your case. Please feel assured that remedial action has already been taken to address this and improvements made to this service.

I am getting sooo frustrated with all this. Whats going on??? The fees are so high and yet the service is poor and i am planning to make a complaint about all this.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:15 am

HarryC wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 am
So i cannot see my status online as the dates doesnt show there. I was told on phone that the application was decided on 7th November.

I called this morning as my 10 working days were over. They referred my case and escalated.

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre regarding the status of your application.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

As the webpage states the online application status checker is a trial service and as a direct result of your feedback an error has been identified. I apologise that this appears to have happened in your case. Please feel assured that remedial action has already been taken to address this and improvements made to this service.

I am getting sooo frustrated with all this. Whats going on??? The fees are so high and yet the service is poor and i am planning to make a complaint about all this.
The system is in BETA mode! Anything can happen.

Has your case status changed now after the O has identified an error on their part?

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:29 am

plabo wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:15 am
HarryC wrote:

The system is in BETA mode! Anything can happen.

Has your case status changed now after the O has identified an error on their part?
Nope, still shows decided. I called them up again and then was put on hold as the person was looking. and then was told , they cant do anymore, and asked me to write a letter.

I am actually thinking to write an email to the MP from my constituency and tell him what money making racket this all is. £1500 we get asked to pay and yet the service is worst than 19th century
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:43 am

HarryC wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:29 am
Nope, still shows decided. I called them up again and then was put on hold as the person was looking. and then was told , they cant do anymore, and asked me to write a letter.

I am actually thinking to write an email to the MP from my constituency and tell him what money making racket this all is. £1500 we get asked to pay and yet the service is worst than 19th century
Please, calm down. It does not costs '£1500' for citizenship and there are members still waiting for a response or outcome of their applications from beginning of 2017, 2016 and 2015 whereas you only applied on 10th July. Citizenship is a privilege, not a right/entitlement!! Perspective!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:48 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:43 am
HarryC wrote:

Please, calm down. It does not costs '£1500' for citizenship and there are members still waiting for a response or outcome of their applications from beginning of 2017, 2016 and 2015 whereas you only applied on 10th July. Citizenship is a privilege, not a right/entitlement!! Perspective!!!
I appreciate your view CR001 however the fees are £1282 then you pay extra for NCS and passport service. Alright not exact £1500 but near about that enough.
Lastly, whilst i know i applied my application in July, and other members are waiting for a long time, doesnt mean the process is right. I am complaining about the process and principle of this. Yes, i know being citizen to this country and other country be wherever you are is a privilege however it is the way this whole process is working where no one in their advice centre can give the right answers... Its a basic principle. you pay fees, you expect a decent service and not leaving people in a limbo. doesnt make a difference when you applied, 2017, 2016, 2015 etc... all you can expect a help or "right" information rather than automated response to close a door to get any further support.

coltam82
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by coltam82 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:24 am

In a way i do agree with you Harry, the amount of money that is payed you would expect first class service. But unfortunately we just have to wait. Im in the process of applying for a New Zealand visa and i must say the service is 100% better. They can give you updated over the phone and you get to communicate with the case worker via email.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:31 am

coltam82 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:24 am
In a way i do agree with you Harry, the amount of money that is payed you would expect first class service. But unfortunately we just have to wait. Im in the process of applying for a New Zealand visa and i must say the service is 100% better. They can give you updated over the phone and you get to communicate with the case worker via email.
+1 Coltam82
yes its unfortunate but that is what my challenge is. a good response will help. Yes the site is a trial service, they have said its an error regarding my status and yet no one could be bothered to go back and change it. the service is pointless then...they might as well make that redundant. They cant even give you a route to escalate it. the people in the advice centre is the same team lwho look after the email address and truthfully, they have no clue on any case...all they can see is what we see...so the point of having a contact centre is useless too.

baccus99
United Kingdom

Post by baccus99 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:00 pm

HarryC wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:48 am
CR001 wrote:
HarryC wrote:

I appreciate your view CR001 however the fees are £1282 then you pay extra for NCS and passport service. Alright not exact £1500 but near about that enough.
Lastly, whilst i know i applied my application in July, and other members are waiting for a long time, doesnt mean the process is right. I am complaining about the process and principle of this. Yes, i know being citizen to this country and other country be wherever you are is a privilege however it is the way this whole process is working where no one in their advice centre can give the right answers... Its a basic principle. you pay fees, you expect a decent service and not leaving people in a limbo. doesnt make a difference when you applied, 2017, 2016, 2015 etc... all you can expect a help or "right" information rather than automated response to close a door to get any further support.
Not to mention: £150 for the Language test if your first language it's not English + £50 for the LIUK test. It all adds up!

shinebright
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by shinebright » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:31 pm

HarryC wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:31 am
coltam82 wrote:
+1 Coltam82
yes its unfortunate but that is what my challenge is. a good response will help. Yes the site is a trial service, they have said its an error regarding my status and yet no one could be bothered to go back and change it. the service is pointless then...they might as well make that redundant. They cant even give you a route to escalate it. the people in the advice centre is the same team lwho look after the email address and truthfully, they have no clue on any case...all they can see is what we see...so the point of having a contact centre is useless too.
It's sad, you could also check with your council to know if they have received anything for you and if they have you can go back to HO with that.

baddy
United Kingdom

Post by baddy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:34 pm

baccus99 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:00 pm
HarryC wrote:
CR001 wrote:
HarryC wrote:

Not to mention: £150 for the Language test if your first language it's not English + £50 for the LIUK test. It all adds up!
+ the biometric fee ...///

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:42 pm

shinebright wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:31 pm
HarryC wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:31 am
coltam82 wrote:
+1 Coltam82
It's sad, you could also check with your council to know if they have received anything for you and if they have you can go back to HO with that.
I tried calling council and they couldnt even discuss anything with me. they said once they applied, they dont do anymore dealings.

shinebright
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by shinebright » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Surely they do, that's where the certificates get sent to.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:08 pm

shinebright wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:56 pm
Surely they do, that's where the certificates get sent to.
There was an error and its not been decided. So council won't be able to help.

kofimensah200
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by kofimensah200 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:14 pm

@harryc, you should call the council and tell them you want to book your Citizenship ceremony, you will be asked your reference number. Give them the reference number u use in checking status online, they will let u know if they have ur certificate

kirkerj
New Zealand

Post by kirkerj » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:08 pm

coltam82 wrote:
That's because us kiwi's are perfect :wink: No we just have very efficient government departments and unlike the UK we embrace technology (early adopters is what we are called)

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:21 pm

HarryC wrote:
CR001 wrote:
HarryC wrote:

Harry, I'm in a somehow similar situation - online status changed, as there is no decision letter in sight, contacted by local council to check if they got the paperwork (answer: no), then called the helpline number and was told the decision has been made a day before the online status changed and to contact them after 10 working days. The beginning looks exactly like yours...

As to others reminding that citizenship is a privilege and not a right - what Harry and I are openly criticising is the price, a shambolic process and communications with individuals and not the requirements or actual outcome/decision. HO in my estimation is making £100 million pounds pure profit per year (vs £175 mil income) on naturalisation/registration cases alone and that seems like not enough to put something simple like a reliable online status checker in place or sending letters reliably by first class recorded!

baddy
United Kingdom

Post by baddy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:41 pm

swintooh wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:21 pm
HarryC wrote:
CR001 wrote:
HarryC wrote:

Harry, I'm in a somehow similar situation - online status changed, as there is no decision letter in sight, contacted by local council to check if they got the paperwork (answer: no), then called the helpline number and was told the decision has been made a day before the online status changed and to contact them after 10 working days. The beginning looks exactly like yours...

As to others reminding that citizenship is a privilege and not a right - what Harry and I are openly criticising is the price, a shambolic process and communications with individuals and not the requirements or actual outcome/decision. HO in my estimation is making £100 million pounds pure profit per year (vs £175 mil income) on naturalisation/registration cases alone and that seems like not enough to put something simple like a reliable online status checker in place or sending letters reliably by first class recorded!
Hey Swintooh, you can do one thing. I believe your child application was approved alongside yours. Why not Call the HMPO and inquire about your child's passport, with that you can get a rough idea of things.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:07 pm

HarryC wrote:

This is not good. if they can't even keep up with a trial version, how are we supposed to trust their full working version.

I mean you either roll out something that works or DONT. I used to rely on this service but after so many people complaining that this doesn't work, I now email them once a week to get update. All they can give me is whether my case is with case-worker or not.. Nothing else.

but it is really shame that they are doing such a poor service

Ciaocico
Mood:
Italy

Post by Ciaocico » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Please any one you why I can’t see my application on lain aply 07/11/2017 ? I can’t understand Sam people you can see me no ??

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:57 pm

baddy wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:41 pm
Hey Swintooh, you can do one thing. I believe your child application was approved alongside yours. Why not Call the HMPO and inquire about your child's passport, with that you can get a rough idea of things.
The council office told me, that in case of family applications (if fully successful) - the child certificate is sent to the council that conducts the ceremony and given to parents along with theirs during the ceremony on which the parents become British. Only then the passport printing kicks in, apparently.

I don't know what happens if both parents or one is denied citizenship, while the kid gets it - I'm assuming both the kid's certificate and passports just come via post...

swintooh
Poland

Post by swintooh » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Ciaocico wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:07 pm
Please any one you why I can’t see my application on lain aply 07/11/2017 ? I can’t understand Sam people you can see me no ??
Let me quote the Home Office: "Just wait until morning of 08/05/2018, then call us and we will tell you to wait another 20 working days - till 06/06/2018 then write us a letter and by 30/06/2018 we will respond with the explanation that your application is very complex and you need to wait until the case is decided. Oh and by the way, you can't trust any information we give you online, by email or by phone."

On more serious note, I wouldn't worry if you can't see the status for the first month or so and would call the helpline only if you don't get the acknowledgement email and letter, along with the request for biometrics - by the 2nd week of December.