ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship registration certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

middletier 1

Minor passport delivery without getting ceremony certificate

Post by middletier 1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi,

we (me, my wife and daughter ) have applied for BC and mine got rejected for not meeting good character and my wife and daughter got approved, however my wife application kept under hold after approval. Thus we havent attended the ceremony and not collected even my daughter certificate.

But for my daughter I got contacted via email and asking me about the address for the delivery of my daughter passport, but we havent taken her citizenship certificate so far, thus I got confused how they can deliver the passport without getting the citizenship certificate.

moreover we have decided to not take my daughter passport until my wife' and mine will be sorted.

please advise me what should I write to them, if I say we dont want to take her British passport until ours sorted then will it be a problem for future application as the 90 days period has already over. Thus we thought of apply later in the future once ours sorted. I am bit confused and any suggestions would be highly appreciated

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Minor passport delivery without getting ceremony certificate

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:26 pm

If the passport has been printed and they want to deliver it, why is this a problem for you?

If your daughter has been granted citizenship, you cannot just 'decide not to take it'.

Children do not attend the ceremony.

Has your wife been interviewed yet??
british-citizenship/how-long-we-can-def ... l#p1549192
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My wife is still waiting for the interview and they said they need to do some enquiries before interview and recent communication indicate thats her application might also reject like same as mine i.e. based on good character requirement. I think thats why they want to deliver my daughter daughter passport.

Since both of us not having British passport thus we dont want my daughter to get British passport. Please clarify me don't we have rights to say that my daughter dont want to take BC until we get it. Also currently we are in India and I dont think how it will work if they post the passport to UK address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Once your daughters citizenship is approved and the certificate and passport issued, she is British. You can't just say 'send it back' and say 'you don't want it'.

An adult can just not go to the ceremony and it will lapse and nothing happens and they will have to apply again. Not the same for a child.

Is your daughter UK born or was she born in India?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Actually we thought it will lapse and nothing happens and then we all will apply again in future, but didn't until now that its not the case for a child.really confused and please advise me

to be honest we are worried about our domestic case and more worried if my daughter become British without us as they have more rights you know what I mean.

she (9 years old) was born in India and came to UK when she was 3

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:55 am

Hi CR001,
I really appreciate your replies and could you please suggest me if there is any way we can say no for my daughter British passport. I did check in the home office website but couldn't find the information about the child Britain passport issue.

any advise/ suggestions from senior are highly appreciated

Thanks

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:16 am

Section 8.8 of the MN1 form includes this question:
[For parents applying for British citizenship at the same time as their child] I still
want my child to be registered as a British citizen even if my own application for British
citizenship is refused.
What did you answer?

Anyway, your wife's application hadn't been refused, so why don't you let them get their citizenship and then try to solve whatever issues you had? Otherwise you could have applied for yourself and then, once approved, for your wife and children. This is the way I have done it.

Finally, you may refuse your child's passport, but she'll remain a British citizen anyway. This is not as game of now I want, now I don't want, and on the other hand there are many children who become British where their parents are not. There is no issue with that.

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:50 am

I ticked yes to question 8.8

the communication from homeoffice indicates that my wife application will be likely rejected thus we are thinking of not to take her British passport

Firstly can we refuse her passport and stay as Indian citizen, in that case can we use her ILR to enter / Leave UK.

AS it sounds my daughter already became British, but I thought until we get the citizenship certificate she won't become British, thus I am in great confusion.

Any comments / suggestions highly appreciated

middletier 1

British citizenship registration certificate

Post by middletier 1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:45 am

Hi,

we havent received my daughter British citizenship registration certificate and I have contacted home office and they have advised me to contact via email --Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. I sent email on 7th dec'17 but so far no reply and I called again same home office number 03001232253 and they are telling again to sent email and I did, but so far no reply at all.

please let me know if anyone know any contact details, I already contacted council and they didnt received as well.

Thanks