ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization as dependent of British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anjali85

Naturalization as dependent of British citizen

Post by Anjali85 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:18 pm

Hope you all doing well,

My husband is in the process of naturalization in Tier 1 route. As per my understanding once he is naturalized + I receive the ILR then I can go for Naturalization as dependent of British citizen immediately. Correct me if I am wrong.

If yes, do I need to be in the UK exact date 3 years back of the application date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization as dependent of British citizen

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:21 pm

as dependent of British citizen immediately. Correct me if I am wrong.
There is no 'dependent' concept for citizenship. Each applicant must meet the requirements individually. You can however apply for citizenship without waiting the 12 months on ILR provided your spouse is British at that time and has attended his ceremony.
If yes, do I need to be in the UK exact date 3 years back of the application date?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anjali85

Re: Naturalization as dependent of British citizen

Post by Anjali85 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:28 pm

thank you, much appreciated.