ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can anyone answer this question please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pankajmittal2004

Can anyone answer this question please

Post by pankajmittal2004 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:39 am

I got HSMP for 1 year in May 2004 and for another 3 years till May 2008. Now I understand that I need extension for another 1 year but do I again need HSMP approval or can I apply straightaway under TIER-1 by paying £750 as I can manage to score more than 75 points
PM2009

shah175

Post by shah175 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Dear Pankaj
If you are in the United Kingdom and have already been granted an approval under the HSMP, you can use your approval letter to apply for further leave to remain in the United Kingdom under Tier 1 (General). For further details see the transitional arrangements for HSMP page. This applies only if you are in the United Kingdom in a category that is allowed to switch into Tier 1 (General). see http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... angements/

shah175

Post by shah175 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:41 pm

Transitional arrangements for those with an HSMP approval letter
The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) has closed for applicants in the United Kingdom, and will be closing for applicants in India on 31 March 2008 when Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker of the points-based system has been introduced.

On 1 April 2008 Tier 1 (General) is introduced for applications for permission to enter (known as 'entry clearance') made in India. If you are in the rest of the world, you will be able to apply later in the year.

There will be a number of applicants who will be part-way through the two-stage application process (application for HSMP approval letter followed by a separate application for the associated entry clearance or leave to remain). A number of people will have already successfully applied for an HSMP approval letter but will have yet to apply for entry clearance or leave to remain. HSMP approval letters are valid for six months from the date of issue.

Arrangements have been put in place to allow those who have an HSMP approval letter to apply for entry clearance or further leave to remain by making a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. They are:

if you have made an application for entry clearance as a highly skilled migrant before 1 April 2008 in India only, and it has not been decided before that date;
if you have made an application for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant before 28 February 2008, and it has not been decided before that date;
if, on 1 April 2008, you have already applied for a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme approval letter (HSMP approval letter) but have yet to apply for entry clearance as a highly skilled migrant; or
if, on 29 February 2008, you have already applied for or obtained an HSMP approval letter but have yet to apply for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant. This applies only if you are in the United Kingdom in a category that is allowed to switch into Tier 1 (General). For example, working holidaymakers cannot apply to Tier 1 (General) even if they already have an HSMP approval letter. See the Initial applications page for details of which categories you can switch from.

WoodieG
BANNED

Re: Can anyone answer this question please

Post by WoodieG » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:52 pm

pankajmittal2004 wrote:I got HSMP for 1 year in May 2004 and for another 3 years till May 2008. Now I understand that I need extension for another 1 year but do I again need HSMP approval or can I apply straightaway under TIER-1 by paying ??750 as I can manage to score more than 75 points
The latter. It's nothing to do with transitional arrangements though...
________
Home made vaporizer
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reliable-mate

Re: Can anyone answer this question please

Post by reliable-mate » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:58 pm

pankajmittal2004 wrote:I got HSMP for 1 year in May 2004 and for another 3 years till May 2008. Now I understand that I need extension for another 1 year but do I again need HSMP approval or can I apply straightaway under TIER-1 by paying £750 as I can manage to score more than 75 points
The latter is applicable in your situation Pankaj. Why do you need extension only for an year - I guess you are thinking of completing five years before you become eligible for Indefinite leave?, if yes, please be aware that extension under HSMP and Tier 1 is for 3 years and then within those three years you can apply for indefinite leave if current requirement of 5 years doesn't change.

My own timelines are similar and I recently applied for an extension and have been told about 3 years by home office team.