ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Form for Naturalisation - Question about the Name

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kam1234
Newly Registered

AN Form for Naturalisation - Question about the Name

Post by Kam1234 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Dear Members,

Kindly advice about the following matter. Me and my wife are applying for Naturalisation. Her complete name is XXY(first)LPN (surname). This name is the same since even before marriage. It means my surname doesn't come in her full name.

In the previous applications for Tier 2 dependant, and ILR she has used XXY LPN. In the question, like are you or have you been known by any other names, we left it blank every time.

AN form is bit complicated. It asks four questions regarding name.
On Marriage certificate my wife is referred with her first name only (XXY) not with complete name (XXY LPN)
On her Passport, BRP and other official documents however, her complete name appears as mentioned above.

What should we write in Q 1.6 and 1.8

I am writing the question and my understanding

Q1.6 says if the name stated above is not the name you use for all purpose

Shall we write here her first name (XXY) only as it is mentioned in her Marriage certificate instead of her complete name. I would like to tell you that it was just one off thing. Only the marriage certificate possesses her first name only. She is not officially using her first name only, rather she uses her complete name instead (XXY LPN). The question says "you use for all purpose" I understand they asking any name which is still used?
She is not using her first name only anymore. I think putting her first name here only is not right?

Q1.8: Shall we put in her name which appears on her Marriage Certificate like (XXY)

Kindly guide in this regard. Many thanks

I would like to mention again, in her previous applications the question of have you ever been known by another name or names? have been blank.

Second question is that. She is not using her degrees for qualification of English. She has done Trinity College test which shows her complete name XXY LPN.

However, her bachelors and Master degrees in backhome possess her name with the surname of her father (XXY RTP). We never used these degrees in UK. She was my dependant before, and until ILR from Back home passport to the ILR and her bankstatements everything in his complete full name XXY LPN

Kindly guide do we mention about her name with her fathers name XXY RTP that is present on her educational degrees from back home

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN Form for Naturalisation - Question about the Name

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:02 am

You need to state the name as it appears in the passport and BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.