ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cooling Off period applicable on ICT short term to long term?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aaatlondon22
Newly Registered
India

Cooling Off period applicable on ICT short term to long term?

Post by Aaatlondon22 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:50 am

Dear all,

I am an non EU citizen and worked in UK for one year on ICT tier 2 short term visa for company A. I I came back to my home country in the month of August 2017

I want to join company B in the UK however I understand I can't do so right now as I need to wait for 1 year cooling off period to reapply for Tier 2 general.

Question 1 >> Can I join company B right now and go to UK on tier 2 ICT long term visa?

Question 2 >> I understand that 12 months prior employement is not required if applicant gross salary is more than £73,900. Company B is willing to give me salary of £65,000 fixed and £30,000 performance bonus. Is performance bonus included in gross salary calculation?

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cooling Off period applicable on ICT short term to long term?

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:58 pm

You are still subject to the 12 month cooling off period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aaatlondon22
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aaatlondon22 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Thank you very much for this information.

I have a follow up question please - I exited the UK on 01st August 2017. I understand that I have to serve 12 months cooling off period before I return.

I have a sponser who wants me back as soon as possible. Can I start the process of visa application in the month of July 2018 so that i can be in UK on 02nd- 03rd August?

Or I am not allowed to even start the process till 01st August 2018?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:32 pm

You may start the paperwork before your cool-off period completes. However at the time of applying your visa you must have completed your cool-off period
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.