ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (5 years) - When I can apply

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pradbis
Newly Registered

ILR (5 years) - When I can apply

Post by pradbis » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:53 pm

Hi all, would really appreciate some advice on something.

I am on Tier 2 General - going to complete 5 years in March 2018. I understand that as per normal UKBA rules, I can apply not earlier than 28 days before the completion of the 5 years - i.e. I can apply in Feb 2018.

My question is does the UKBA allow people to apply (or rather approve the application) earlier than 28 days on humanitarian grounds - i.e. can I apply in Dec 2017? Essentially, my dad's in India with cancer and I am worried that if his situation becomes worse, etc. I will not be able to travel to see him because my passport, etc. is with UKBA for the ILR processing. So would be really good to get the ILR processing done beforehand, if that is possible.

Do we know of any cases where the UKBA allows this on humanitarian grounds?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (5 years) - When I can apply

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:38 am

There is no UKBA it is UKVI
HO will not issue ILR unless you have the required period spent under Tier 2 and are eligible fully
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:39 am

In addition to zimba88's advice, you do realise you can apply in person for a same day decision and get your BRP within a couple of weeks?
I will not be able to travel to see him because my passport, etc. is with UKBA for the ILR processing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pradbis
Newly Registered

Post by pradbis » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Thanks both. Yes aware of the information shared. The official website says if you apply more than 28 days in advance your application [b]may[/b] be rejected. I was curious to see if anyone has had experience of applying earlier based on humanitarian grounds and got an approval.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:56 pm

No, most people don't take the risk as it is a lot of money to lose.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.