ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing nephew to the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hola2015

Bringing nephew to the UK

Post by Hola2015 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi,
I am considering bringing my nephew back to the UK from Nigeria, I am a UK citizen leaving in Kent. My nephew was given birth to here in the UK when his dad was on student visa. After his dad who happens to be my younger brother finished his studies in 2012, he went back to Nigeria with his family including my nephew. At the time, I was still on Tier 1 visa.

Here are few details about my nephew
Age - 8 years old
County and country of birth - Nottingham, UK
Year of birth - 2009
Year out of UK - 2012, that is five years ago. My nephew was 3 years old at the time

My question is, what option is available for me to bring him back to the UK so that he can be leaving with me and my family, attend school here and probably be able to regularise his stay permanently within the UK please?

Thank you for your suggestions

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bringing nephew to the UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:35 pm

My question is, what option is available for me to bring him back to the UK so that he can be leaving with me and my family, attend school here and probably be able to regularise his stay permanently within the UK please?
None that will make him dependent on you or your status. Presumably he lives in Nigeria with his family/parents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hola2015

Post by Hola2015 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:05 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:35 pm
None that will make him dependent on you or your status. Presumably he lives in Nigeria with his family/parents.
Thank you CR001 for your response. Yes, he does leave currently with his parents in Nigeria. what of if we are able to get him an admission in a private school here in the UK and obtain child student visa for him?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:12 am

Child student visa does not lead to ILR/settlement.

He would need an HO approved sponsor, acceptance on a course, a CAS and then apply and pay the visa fee and IHS fee.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-students

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e_2017.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.