ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence card for AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anetadf
Newly Registered

Residence card for AN form

Post by anetadf » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:55 pm

Hello,

I'm EEA national, living in UK since 2007.

I'm in the middle of filling my AN form and found out something weird.

Over one year ago I applied for a permanent residence card as I was aware it will be necessary key for the naturalisation form. So I got one. Afer four months, it was before brexit, so pretty quickly.

It looked THE SAME as I had before from 2009... But okay...

I've awaited one year and now something ticked my mind and I see that on my residence card is written

"Type of document: Registration certificate"

I am sure I sent the correct application to apply that card.

I have no idea what to do now?

Apply again? Call to them? Or what?

Wait another two years to apply for British citizenship??

Argh...

Wait, I made a research here, and hmm, seems I have right one as I am EEA citizen.

Right?

Zhonor

Re: Residence card for AN form

Post by Zhonor » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Do you remember what you applied for? Did you meet the 5 years treaty rights or did u submit 5 years of treaty rights documents when applying for PR (if you did)?

For naturalisation, you will sadly need the PR (acquired it for one year) before you can apply for BC.

If you have documents to show that you have completed 5 years then proceed to apply for PR. The letter that comes with your PR apparently shows when you have acquired your PR and from there you know when you qualify to apply for BC (if that makes sense)?

anetadf
Newly Registered

Post by anetadf » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:06 pm

I applied by form EEA (QP) April 2016 and I think I met all requirments - like Home Office number dated on 2008.

But I made a research here and seems really I have right card...

Eh, wrong :(

Again, wait, again :(

EEA (PR)... I am sure I digged the whole gov.uk websites to get the proper form !! :(

Now they have looong queues and could wait years.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:16 pm

You need to hold a DCPR - Document Certifying Permanent Residence. PR would have been acquired automatically after 5 years of exercising your Treaty rights ( I assume you have been). The DCPR is the confirmation of this and is needed for a BC application.

Assuming you have been exercising your Treaty rights since 2007, you would have acquired PR at some date in 2012. It's not the date your DCPR is issued, it's the date you qualified for PR, which means you shouldn't have to wait 1 year before submitting your BC application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

anetadf
Newly Registered

Post by anetadf » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Thank you so much,

but let me clarify by myself.

I will apply now for a EEA (PR) and get that PR card

and then can apply straighforward for a naturalisation without waiting one year?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:44 pm

anetadf wrote:Thank you so much,

but let me clarify by myself.

I will apply now for a EEA (PR) and get that PR card Yes. https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-cer ... -residence

and then can apply straighforward for a naturalisation without waiting one year? Yes, assuming you acquired PR at least 12 months prior to submitting your BC application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

anetadf
Newly Registered

Post by anetadf » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Thank You :)

I will send again for a EEA PR and when I get it then immediately will send the AN form.

Do you know for how long is valid the exemption form? (I am deaf, but passed the Life in The UK test)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:21 pm

anetadf wrote:Thank You :)

I will send again for a EEA PR and when I get it then immediately will send the AN form.

Do you know for how long is valid the exemption form? (I am deaf, but passed the Life in The UK test)
I would expect the exemption form to have no expiry date as this has been issued for a long-term condition, but I can't say for sure. However, the NCS should be able to confirm this for you.
(Casa, not CR001)

anetadf
Newly Registered

Post by anetadf » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:19 am

Okay :)

Now I got everything - PR card, too. As above we were talking I can apply for BC now. But in the letter is written I can apply after April 2018. It's not even full year and that month looks weird to me.

I will make an appoitment with National Checking Service and will ask about it, but who knows - could my AN form be refused if I'll send it before April 2018? :roll:

mce82
Newly Registered

Post by mce82 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:17 pm

Hello,

My situation was similar - date wise. I applied for DCPR and I applied for BC straight away as I knew HO had a record of the date when I acquired automatic right of PR, which in my case was years back (if you are an EU citizen this happens automatically and the blue book of DCPR merely clarifies this in a paper based version). This meant I did not need to wait extra year.

I only knew this because I did request a free fastrack SAR and the caseworker noted the date in the internal documentation. see https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration.

I would request this first before you arrange NCS appointment - as they are likely just to take money and say you do not qualify (NCS fee is not refundable).

Fastrak SAR is free (well you only need to post it as a letter) and if you get the clear date, then arrange NCS

Hope this helps.

anetadf
Newly Registered

Post by anetadf » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Thank You :)

Hmm, yeah.. but... I landed in UK over 10 years ago so still won't be able to get my exact date as I don't remember which day I came here. But if I submit for more data (payable £10) would I get that info, too?

I will send the form anyway (SAR - Application for fast track records only). NCS appoitment is already made in middle of January, so got some time, whatever they say ...

Thank You again.

mce82
Newly Registered

Post by mce82 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:27 am

If you made bookings via internet you email search might still bring this history up.

I don't think payable SAR will offer much more to what you need. I only used the free one and even this one has an option about getting information on landing ards etc.

SAR request take cca 20 days after acknowledgment letter, so you are probably looking of time span of 30 days to get this information.

anetadf
Newly Registered

Post by anetadf » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Hello :)

Finally got my SAR files. And I see there are records from 2008 year when I have been registered at WRS (I started working one year earlier without WRS).

All my applications Registration Certificates twice (2008 & 2016 -> second one my mistake) and PR (June 2017), too.

And still don't know when I can apply for BC.

On 17th January I have meeting with NCS.

Should I show him that letter I got from HO (together with PR) I could apply for BCafter 17th April 2018?

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Based on what you wrote - if I were you - I would call the council to reschedule the appointment for 18th of April. Is there any urgency for you to apply for British Citizenship?

If they ask why, tell them the date on your letter - the one that came with the PR card. If you go now in January, you might lose the NCS booking fee (the council one), as they will probably tell you to come back in April (when 1 year of PR status has passed - you were probably granted PR status from April 2017, even though you got the PR card in June 2017, and you've been here for many years).

anetadf
Newly Registered

Post by anetadf » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:08 pm

It's not fair :( Many years, my mistake and procedures...

I'm bit in hurry, because I have to quit my job after the Easter... and don't wanna have fun with my papers and forms, and etc. as I used to work in the same place over nine years.

Can I rearrange appointment with the NCS after 17th April and then quit the job in one week time?

anetadf
Newly Registered

Re: PR for AN form and changing the job

Post by anetadf » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:19 am

So,

thinking again about this issue.

Is possible to send this form (like I mentioned above - after 17th April) and then leave my actual job? Do they make a calls to your employers and checking over you? And what could they think if they will be told I'm not working there anymore?...

How does look like the NCS checking, do they bring any laptop or so? I don't bother losing my money, just want to send it as soon as possible, like without waiting a full year.

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:37 am

From what I know you don't need a job to naturalise, once you have your PR status and PR card. You can be retired or simply looking for another job. Just mention the truth in your application - you left your job on date XX, and you're looking for another one - and that's all. If Home Office calls your former employer they will tell them the dates of your employment there.

I'm not a solicitor though, and you shouldn't rely on things posted on an Internet forum.

PS. NCS will probably advise you not to send the naturalisation application because you don't qualify yet. No point in going now if your letter says you acquired PR status in April 2017.
Last edited by twgal on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

anetadf
Newly Registered

Post by anetadf » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:41 am

Yeah, I already read other topics here considering changing the job during the naturalisation process.

Just send the form with the current job, then quit the job, and if you find another one - inform them asap in registered letter or via email.

But it all depends what the NCS will say in the next week.

Thanks a lot!

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:55 am

Why don't you simply call NCS now? Isn't that easier (and cheaper) than going in person and losing money?

All you have to do is call them and tell them the date on your letter and ask whether you should still go next week or reschedule.

anetadf
Newly Registered

Re: PR for AN form and changing the job

Post by anetadf » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:18 pm

I am deaf.

But will go on Friday to the Deaf Centre and will ask someone to make a call on behalf of me (long story to tell, explain, etc.. eh). But I am sure they will need to check the form and tell the same as the letter is stated (after 17th April).

Someone above wrote here that had the same situation like mine and there wasn't need to wait full year.

anetadf
Newly Registered

Post by anetadf » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:26 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:16 pm
Assuming you have been exercising your Treaty rights since 2007, you would have acquired PR at some date in 2012. It's not the date your DCPR is issued, it's the date you qualified for PR, which means you shouldn't have to wait 1 year before submitting your BC application.
So I don't have to wait another year... As I have here since 2007 and hold the Registrate Certificate since 2010. Just didn't apply for PR when I should have do that.