ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling an On Line DCPR Form for a Child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lon017

PR- Section 3

Post by lon017 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:15 am

Dear All

I already hold a Permanent Residence Card and because of bad advise (trying to save £65) I did not add my daughter to my form and now I must fill hers. She is 10 years we are EU Citizen (Italy) in UK for more than 6 years and in Primary School for all these years. The plan was to wait for 6 years and apply direct to citizenship. which is not the case any more.
I rang the HO and asked if I could add her to my application and the answer is no, as my application was dealt with a fresh one would have to be done.

Question is on this section bellow:

Can one tell me which options should I tick in?

Section 3 - About your application
Complete this section to indicate the basis on which you’re applying for a document certifying
permanent residence or permanent residence card and then complete the relevant sections as
directed.

Category of application
3.1 Please tick to indicate the basis on which you’re applying for permanent residence:
I’ve previously been issued with a document certifying permanent residence, permanent
residence card, or equivalent document, and wish to replace that document because it’s
been lost or stolen, or renew it because it’s expired.
Complete sections 4, 17, 18 and 19 only.

I’ve lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as an EEA national qualified person,
the family member or extended family member of a qualified person, or a combination of
these.
Complete sections 5, 9, 16, 17, 18 and 19. (If you are or have been a family member or
extended family member, also complete the relevant section(s) as indicated in question 3.2
below.)

I’m an EEA national who ceased activity (stopped work or self-employment) due to
retirement, permanent incapacity or because I’m now active as a worker or self-employed
person in another EEA state.
Complete sections 5, 7, 9, 16, 17, 18, and 19.

I’m the family member or extended family member of an EEA national who ceased activity.
Complete sections 5, 7, 9, 16, 17, 18, and 19 (and the relevant section(s) as indicated in
question 3.2 below).

I’m the family member or extended family member of an EEA national former worker or selfemployed
person who has died.
Complete sections 5, 6, 9, 16, 17, 18, and 19 (and the relevant section(s) as indicated in
question 3.2 below).

I’ve retained my right of residence after my EEA national family member died or left the UK,
or their marriage or civil partnership ended in divorce, annulment or dissolution, and I’ve lived
in the UK for a continuous period of five years (including time spent as a family member).
Complete sections 5, 8, 9, 16, 17, 18 and 19 (and the relevant section(s) as indicated in
question 3.2 below).

I’m the family member of a British citizen who exercised their free movement rights in another
EEA state before returning to the UK and I’ve lived in the UK for a continuous period of five
years as their family member (‘Surinder Singh’ route).
Complete sections 5, 10, 17, 18 and 19 (and the relevant sections as indicated in question
3.2 below).
EEA(PR) - Version 03/16 Page 24 of 85

Family members and extended family members
3.2 If you are (or anyone applying with you is) applying on the basis that you/they are (or have
been) a family member or extended family member during the qualifying period, tick the relevant
box(es) below and complete the relevant section(s) as directed.
I am or have been the spouse, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner of the sponsor.
Complete section 11.

I am or have been the descendant (child or grandchild) aged under 21 of the sponsor, or of
the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner.
Complete section 12.

I am or have been the dependent child or grandchild aged 21 or over, parent, or grandparent
of the sponsor (or of the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner).
Complete section 13.

I’m an extended family member (relative) of the EEA national sponsor, or of their spouse or
civil partner, and I’m dependent on them and/or I’m a member of their household.
Complete section 14.

I’m an extended family member (relative) of the EEA national sponsor, or of their spouse or
civil partner, and I strictly require their personal care on serious health grounds.
Complete section 15.

Note: if you are, or have been, an extended family member of the relevant EEA national, you
must have held valid residence documentation (registration certificate, residence card or EEA
family permit) throughout the relevant qualifying period.
Only complete the sections of the form that are relevant to you. If a section does not apply to
you, leave it blank.

Thanks very much.

lon017

Filling an On Line DCPR Form for a Child

Post by lon017 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Dear All
Am I allowed to use an on line application Form for DCPR or paper form only? Bearing in mind this is for a 10 years Old Child?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Filling an On Line DCPR Form for a Child

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Topics merged. Kindly keep all questions on the same application in a single topic (this one).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lon017

Re: Filling an On Line DCPR Form for a Child + PR- Section 3

Post by lon017 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:11 am

CR001 wrote:Topics merged. Kindly keep all questions on the same application in a single topic (this one).
Apologies CR001
But it would be nice if telling off came with answers :? . Can someone with experience answer it please.
Thanks you :wink:
Best Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:22 am

Not all members have experience of all applications which is why I did not respond!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lon017

Post by lon017 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:24 am

CR001 wrote:Not all members have experience of all applications which is why I did not respond!
Thumbs UP

lon_don
Newly Registered

Post by lon_don » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:07 pm

Hey lon017,

If you are still looking for an answer, here is my experience. I+my family are EEA and applied for DCPR last year. DCPR was issued for myself and my wife but not for our son (minor, dependent, FM) as we didn't provide enough supporting documents. So I applied again a second time just for son, with me (father) as sponsor and him (son) as FM applicant.

Section 3 Category 3.1 on p.23 of the form I ticked the 2nd box i.e.
I’ve lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as an EEA national qualified person,
the family member or extended family member of a qualified person, or a combination of
these.
Complete sections 5, 9, 16, 17, 18 and 19. (If you are or have been a family member or
extended family member, also complete the relevant section(s) as indicated in question 3.2
below.)

Then onto Section 2 FM and EFM where I ticked the 2nd box i.e.
I am or have been the descendant (child or grandchild) aged under 21 of the sponsor, or of
the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner.
Complete section 12.

My son got his DCPR 2 weeks ago.

HTH.

lon017

Post by lon017 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 am

Thanks Lon_don for sharing your exp.
Sent it and got refused because I sent the DCPR of the sponsor instead of EU Passport😡, they gave the option to Further Application
Rang them and spoke to 2 different person and they told me to make a new application which is contrary to what says in the refusal letter?
Does anyone can share a light of what should be the least time consuming?
And also how can one submit a Further Application?
Thanks again for any comment👍

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:24 am

Further application means "new application". Just send the passport as well.

lon017

Post by lon017 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:01 pm

NatCam wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:24 am
Further application means "new application". Just send the passport as well.
Thank you. NatCam
Contacted the Citizenship Helpline and Operator was certain we would not need DCPR for her (Child) when applying for Citizenship once the mother EU National and holds (DCPR) and Father is British Citizen. I would dig deep though.