ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for FLR(M) next week online

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

n8net
- thin ice -

Applying for FLR(M) next week online

Post by n8net » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi my wife who is currently on initial FLR(M) she switched into in 2015, is extending
and I am applying in her behalf.

we both are in the UK and want to know if she can apply online ?

gpm468

Re: Applying for FLR(M) next week online

Post by gpm468 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:40 am

I don't see why you can't. I have just started the same thing. However I'm unhappy about all the detailed questions about our (UK Citizen) young son and there seem to be a few more questions on the online application than on the FLR (M) form.

I wonder if anyone has a list of all the questions and subquestions that appear on the online form as obviously you can't see everything upfront as you can with a paper form.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 pm

just to confirm it is still FLR(M) when u extend for a BC ? coz the guidance only says "settled"

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:17 pm

n8net wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 pm
just to confirm it is still FLR(M) when u extend for a BC ? coz the guidance only says "settled"
Yes!! FLR(M) = 2.5 year Spouse Settelment Visa exetension (not ILR).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:02 pm

thanks cr001, I was confused bcoz the guidance in FLR(M) says the form should be used for those
applying to extend as a partner of a 'settled' person (2, 5 yrs etc) and I thought this settled is only means ILR and not BC.

I have further qquestions when filling the form.

1) the online and paper forms are different, hopefully it is ok ?

2) The online application is asking CEFR A1 passed or not, but A2 is needed ??

3) The online bank statements suffice. or do they need to be stamped as well ?
do bank stamp online stamtents these days ? last 12 months enough ? (the guidance is vague on this)

4) Do the online payslips needs to be certified as well by HR ?

5) sponsor (myself) passport copy needed, I take, given I got a brand new British passport, and have not used it, should I copy them too ? or just the personal page ? why blank pages needed anyway ?

6) When I complete the online form and pay, and I pressume I need to send the supporting docs by post,
which date is cocnsidered as the date of application ? (online form submit date or doc sent date)

Thanks in advance

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:02 am

appreciate any advice on the above asap as current visa expires soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:58 am

1. Either. We can't see what the online form asks so any questions you have, we would refer to the paper form, which is different.

2. You need A2 for an extension of a spouse visa. The rule changed in May this year.

3. No online bank statements on their own DO NOT meet the requirement. How many months you need depends of the category you are applying under to meet the financial requirements.

4. Yes.

5. If applying by post yes, copy must be sent. The most recent passport NOT all your previous passports.

6. Yes, the process will tell you what to do and where to send the form. Again, we cannot see what the online system says/asks. Date of application is the date you submit online as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Thanks cr001, the online form presumably selects questions based on previous answers (dynamic)
and when I entered my wife's details (pre July 2012, etc), it asked "Have you passed CEFR A1" and not A2.

but anyway, she has now passed A2 with B grade.. so we are ok, in fact does the grade matter or just the pass suffice ?

regarding financial req. is met via me being in full employment, so how long statements/pay slips I need to give. In my company we get online payslips and bank statements I can access only the online (paperless), given this, what docs I need to give to satisfy this req.

also, I take no maintenance is needed for FLR, because i am constantly overdrawn (bank ac obvisoly shows this, but we do not receive any public benefits)

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:54 pm

n8net wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:38 pm
Thanks cr001, the online form presumably selects questions based on previous answers (dynamic)
and when I entered my wife's details (pre July 2012, etc), it asked "Have you passed CEFR A1" and not A2.

but anyway, she has now passed A2 with B grade.. so we are ok, in fact does the grade matter or just the pass suffice ?

regarding financial req. is met via me being in full employment, so how long statements/pay slips I need to give. In my company we get online payslips and bank statements I can access only the online (paperless), given this, what docs I need to give to satisfy this req. The most recent 6 months payslips with the corresponding bank statements, the last one dated no later than 28 days before the application is submitted. Electronic payslips must be certified by your employer.

also, I take no maintenance is needed for FLR, because i am constantly overdrawn (bank ac obvisoly shows this, but we do not receive any public benefits) Correct

thanks
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:28 pm

n8net wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:38 pm
If she is 'pre July 2012', why is she not applying for ILR??

What is her full UK immigration history?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi thanks again,

She is not 'pre July 2012' . I meant the questions were about pre July 2012 etc.. sorry if I misled you.

brief history:
1) She came to UK in Feb 2014 (EC issued in July 2013) Tier 1 dep.
2) covered to FLR(M) in UK in May 2015 (at the same time I applied for ILR)
3) Given 30 months, which expired end of this month

In the mean time (July this year) I became BC.

So, based on this she does not qualify for ILR ?

could you also advice if you know if banks are stamping the online statements, mine is Lloyds or how to get them stamped as I hv paperless account?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:48 pm

So, based on this she does not qualify for ILR ?
No she does not. You shouldn't complete any 'pre July 2012' details as it is irrelevant.
could you also advice if you know if banks are stamping the online statements, mine is Lloyds or how to get them stamped as I hv paperless account?
Some do, some don't. Ask your bank.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:53 pm

ok thanks again...if they don't is there any docs I can sent instead ?

also could you point me to the guidance page which stipulated all these requirements.

i read this 10 page doc (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2017.pdf), but it is vague and does not mention about bank statements

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:58 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pm

Thanks again,
just need some info on the following.

1) what other docs can be submitted if unable to get online bank statements stamped ?

2) does grade matter ? she has got B in GESE Grade 3 A2 sat at Trinity SELT centre.

3) Only documents that needs to be a copy is my BC passport (even though it has not been used) ?

thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 pm

1) what other docs can be submitted if unable to get online bank statements stamped ?
Any reason why you cannot order statements from the bank or go into a branch and ask them to print statements???
2) does grade matter ? she has got B in GESE Grade 3 A2 sat at Trinity SELT centre.
Should be fine.
3) Only documents that needs to be a copy is my BC passport (even though it has not been used) ?
Does it say anywhere that the passport of the sponsor must have been used??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:52 pm

ordering statement not an option, I simply do not have time for them to reach me..

asking them to print is, and precisely this I why I asked, as alternate option, as you as mod or any1 wud have suggestions to get around this..

abt passport, this u misunderstood, and does not appreciate your tone btw, the reason I asked to make sure no other documents needs to be copied other than my brand new passport (honestly, I do not see why a blank pages are needed, can undertstand for foriegn passport, but for a British e- passport, don't they have option to see all in their ssytem)

hope u understand where I am coming from..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:01 pm

abt passport, this u misunderstood, and does not appreciate your tone btw,
Many things about your posting history/tone that we don't appreciate either or your 'urgent tone' for each post/topic for 'friend' or family.

You need to follow the requirements of what to submit as per the form. Biometric page of the passport should be fine. You also need to include a photo of yourself. The paper form is quite clear on what the requirements are for documents to be submitted.

Be grateful I am responding to your questions. However, this will be my last post/comment and I will leave it to others to comment further should they wish to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)