ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Ent Extension from outside UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SUNNYHK1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier1 Ent Extension from outside UK

Post by SUNNYHK1 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 am

Dear all,

Can you please tell me if i can apply for tier 1 Ent extension from outside UK (country of origin)? My solicitor told me that there is an option, bcz from within uk its taking atleast 6-9 months. I applied for my initial visa from Hong kong in march 2015, and got visa in a week's time. Even if i apply from outside now do u guys think they will send the application back to uk? than i will be outside of uk and it might take 6 to 9 months,i will be without my passport ? its an online application form he showed me that we need to fill.

Is there a super premium service available for extension as well, my solicitor said there is charge of 10500 pounds??

Your feed back will be highly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier1 Ent Extension from outside UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:51 pm

An extension can only be applied for within the UK.

An application outside the UK is a new entry clearance visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SUNNYHK1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by SUNNYHK1 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:19 pm

Thanks for your reply, but if you create an account in visa4uk , it gives you an option to select extension,also any idea about 2nd question?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:16 pm

SUNNYHK1 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:19 pm
Thanks for your reply, but if you create an account in visa4uk , it gives you an option to select extension,also any idea about 2nd question?
Officially there is no super premium service for T1E.

However, there has been at least one person who reported in this forum that they went through the super premium service. Not sure if that was an error on HO's side or just not documented.

Also, the delays in extension of T1E is clearly due to the complexity of the case. I got my extension and ILR in about 8 weeks. And there have been quite a few here who got their renewals in even shorter periods.

Applying from outside (even if allowed) is not a guarantee of faster processing.

Preparing your application properly, organising your documentation and communicating your business clearly is possibly the best way of getting fast approvals.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:36 pm

marcnath wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:16 pm
SUNNYHK1 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:19 pm
Officially there is no super premium service for T1E.

However, there has been at least one person who reported in this forum that they went through the super premium service. Not sure if that was an error on HO's side or just not documented.

Also, the delays in extension of T1E is clearly due to the complexity of the case. I got my extension and ILR in about 8 weeks. And there have been quite a few here who got their renewals in even shorter periods.

Applying from outside (even if allowed) is not a guarantee of faster processing.

Preparing your application properly, organising your documentation and communicating your business clearly is possibly the best way of getting fast approvals.
Dear marcnath,

a friend of mine used super premium service for tier 1 Ent., I am sure 100% without doubts, his application was without dependants, and he shared it with two families (Tier 1 investor).

No one can believe that, but trust me there is a service for tier 1 ent. I hope to use it, but it costs me £35k with my dependants.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:47 pm

Dear marcnath

Please see the link:

https://ibb.co/cp3mtR

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:41 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:47 pm
Dear marcnath

Please see the link:

https://ibb.co/cp3mtR

Thanks
As I said, the official position is it is not available https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... he-service
But clearly, HO is not following that :)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

SUNNYHK1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by SUNNYHK1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:31 am

My solicitor showed me a file, that he did apply for extension for one indian applicant from singapore , and he got his extension in 3 weeks in 2015.

If i go to home office croydon office, will they be able to tell me officially that if i can apply from overseas or not and also about super premium service? or can i call/email home office ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:20 am

SUNNYHK1 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:31 am
If i go to home office croydon office, will they be able to tell me officially that if i can apply from overseas or not and also about super premium service? or can i call/email home office ?
Home Office Croydon is NOT a walk in advice service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SUNNYHK1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by SUNNYHK1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:15 pm

so where can i get official advice? any paid tel No? can i make an appt at croydon office?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:22 pm

SUNNYHK1 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:15 pm
so where can i get official advice? any paid tel No? can i make an appt at croydon office?
No you cannot 'make an appointment at Croydon' to get advice. It is not an Immigration Advice centre.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SUNNYHK1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by SUNNYHK1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:34 pm

what's your opinion CR001 about applying for extension from overseas(country of origin) is it possible? will it be processed locally or sent back to uk to be processed?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:45 pm

SUNNYHK1 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:34 pm
what's your opinion CR001 about applying for extension from overseas(country of origin) is it possible? will it be processed locally or sent back to uk to be processed?
You were given advice above. YOU CANNOT apply for an extension abroad. It MUST be done within the UK. You can ONLY apply for entry clearance from abroad
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SUNNYHK1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by SUNNYHK1 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks zimba88, is construction business allowed ? if i form a company and hire few people to do renovation work, is that allowed, i have already invested 200k in another company, new company will cost me around 10k, can i take out 10k from my business account and pay for other comapny expenses? or this is not allowed?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:33 pm

SUNNYHK1 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:06 pm
Thanks zimba88, is construction business allowed ? if i form a company and hire few people to do renovation work, is that allowed, i have already invested 200k in another company, new company will cost me around 10k, can i take out 10k from my business account and pay for other comapny expenses? or this is not allowed?
There are no restrictions on the kinds of business you, as a T1E visa holder can do, as long as it is legal.

The restriction is only recognition of investment specifically to award points. You can't get points for investment into a property management company. A company that does renovations on property NOT OWNED by you or your business (directly or indirectly) would not be considered to be a property management company.

Again, whether you use the funds in one company to fund another company has nothing to do with immigration rules.

But similarly, for recognition of investment, you should be a Director of the company that has been funded. i.e. buying shares of another company which you are not a Director of will not be counted towards the investment.

SUNNYHK1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by SUNNYHK1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 am

sorry to ask again, i want to open a shop, renovation work will cost around 10k, can i take out 10k from my main business account, in which i invested 200k to pay for renovation work? is this allowed or HO will say i invested only 190k and cost of setting up a business is not included .

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:41 am

SUNNYHK1 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 am
sorry to ask again, i want to open a shop, renovation work will cost around 10k, can i take out 10k from my main business account, in which i invested 200k to pay for renovation work? is this allowed or HO will say i invested only 190k and cost of setting up a business is not included .
Yes, of course, you can. I am not sure why you even think legitimate business costs would not be allowed.
HO allows for expenses incurred up to 12 months before your visa application to be accepted as investments !!!, so definitely they cater for expenses incurred in setting up a business.

SUNNYHK1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by SUNNYHK1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:58 am

Thanks for your reply, i will apply for my extension in about 5 month, i have created 2 full time jobs for 1 year already, if i open a new shop now, and i hire one guy full time, will this be of any extra help to me?or bcz its only 5 months left and not 12 months, they won't count it.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:08 pm

SUNNYHK1 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:58 am
Thanks for your reply, i will apply for my extension in about 5 month, i have created 2 full time jobs for 1 year already, if i open a new shop now, and i hire one guy full time, will this be of any extra help to me?or bcz its only 5 months left and not 12 months, they won't count it.
Count towards what ?

Whether that person is of help to you are not is really up to you ... I don't know your business or the needs of the business

SUNNYHK1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by SUNNYHK1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:56 pm

hi, so what i meant was if i start a new business now and create a new full time job, will HO count that job and new business as well or they won't bcz the business and new employee are not 1 year old? and at the time of extension should i tell them about this new business as well

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:28 pm

SUNNYHK1 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:56 pm
hi, so what i meant was if i start a new business now and create a new full time job, will HO count that job and new business as well or they won't bcz the business and new employee are not 1 year old? and at the time of extension should i tell them about this new business as well
I still don't understand the question.

You need two jobs of 12 months each for your extension and you said you have already met that.

If I am the CW, once I give you the points for that why would I continue to look at others ? It is not like I could give you additional points for the additional employees. This is nothing to do with whether they are less or more than 1 year.

Whether you tell them about the additional business is entirely up to you.

If you read the application form, the following appears in the Help text at the beginning of the form:

You must be selective in submitting evidence, as sending large amounts of irrelevant or poor
quality documentation may delay the consideration of the application. It is only necessary to submit evidence that is directly appropriate to the application as requested, as unrelated evidence cannot be considered for points scoring.

Usmana5
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Usmana5 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 pm

SUNNYHK1 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 am
Dear all,

Can you please tell me if i can apply for tier 1 Ent extension from outside UK (country of origin)? My solicitor told me that there is an option, bcz from within uk its taking atleast 6-9 months. I applied for my initial visa from Hong kong in march 2015, and got visa in a week's time. Even if i apply from outside now do u guys think they will send the application back to uk? than i will be outside of uk and it might take 6 to 9 months,i will be without my passport ? its an online application form he showed me that we need to fill.

Is there a super premium service available for extension as well, my solicitor said there is charge of 10500 pounds??

Your feed back will be highly appreciated.
There is a Super premium service for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension and the fee for it is 10,500 pounds excluding the application fee. I was even ready for it as I didn't wanted to take the risk of taking over 8 week as I had to travel back by end of December. I emailed the related department and they said they are fully booked till December and my visa was expiring on 27th Oct so I had no option other than post or go outside the country for entry clearance. So I took the risk by applying on 25th Oct and still no answer.

It's shocking to see how much people are willing to pay for the same day service and the money HO is making.

sunnyhameed
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by sunnyhameed » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 pm

where did u send the email? which department is it? how do u know that they will decide in a day, there are alot of documents to go through?

Usmana5
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Usmana5 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:07 am

It's clearly on their website :

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... um-service

Their Email ID : ADC_MobileEnrolmentT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

The super premium service is a mobile service.

It means that:

a courier will collect your application forms and documents
premium service staff will visit you to get your biometric information (fingerprints and photo) and your signature
You’ll usually get a decision on your application within 24 hours.

You can choose the location and time of the visit (between midday and 3pm, Monday to Friday)

(As long as the team is making 10k+. "A lot of documents to go through" is not a problem for anyone. The whole team will be on it. lol)

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Usmana5 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:07 am
It's clearly on their website :

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... um-service

Their Email ID : ADC_MobileEnrolmentT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

The super premium service is a mobile service.

It means that:

a courier will collect your application forms and documents
premium service staff will visit you to get your biometric information (fingerprints and photo) and your signature
You’ll usually get a decision on your application within 24 hours.

You can choose the location and time of the visit (between midday and 3pm, Monday to Friday)

(As long as the team is making 10k+. "A lot of documents to go through" is not a problem for anyone. The whole team will be on it. lol)
The 10K is stated as per "visit". And each visit can have up to 4 main applicants.

So I assume if you can combine, then it is 2500 per applicant ?