ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree original?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lolo
Newly Registered

Degree original?

Post by lolo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi all,

hope everyone's applications are going well.

I am about to apply for the Tier 1 visa, i am currently on a work permit. The only issue i am having is obtaining an original of my degree certificate. When i applied for my work permit, all they needed was a copy of my degree certificate and the original academic transcript.

My degree certificate is about A3 in size, professionally framed and is in Australia. So it is difficult to get this sent over and my uni will not issue a duplicate certificate unless you can prove it has been lost or damaged.

i have the originals of my results certificate that has my name, the title and date of the award and is on official university letterhead (has a hologram). i am also getting a status letter sent over from my uni confirming all the things above and the dates i graduated, also on official letterheaded paper.

Do you think this will be sufficient or should i not risk it and try to get someone to get my real certificate out of the frame and sent over to me?

Thanks for your help!
lolo

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:55 pm

Not worth the risk, I've known cases to be refused where applicants have not sent their certificate for this reason.
________
HAWAII MEDICAL MARIJUANA
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: Degree original?

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi

Dont take risk. Send original degree certificate as well as official letter from Uni.
Best of luck.
lolo wrote:Hi all,

hope everyone's applications are going well.

I am about to apply for the Tier 1 visa, i am currently on a work permit. The only issue i am having is obtaining an original of my degree certificate. When i applied for my work permit, all they needed was a copy of my degree certificate and the original academic transcript.

My degree certificate is about A3 in size, professionally framed and is in Australia. So it is difficult to get this sent over and my uni will not issue a duplicate certificate unless you can prove it has been lost or damaged.

i have the originals of my results certificate that has my name, the title and date of the award and is on official university letterhead (has a hologram). i am also getting a status letter sent over from my uni confirming all the things above and the dates i graduated, also on official letterheaded paper.

Do you think this will be sufficient or should i not risk it and try to get someone to get my real certificate out of the frame and sent over to me?

Thanks for your help!
lolo
Thinking low is crime....

lolo
Newly Registered

Post by lolo » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:27 pm

great thanks for your advice, i will get the original!