ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel while MN1 citizenship application being processed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hope7777
Newly Registered
South Africa

Travel while MN1 citizenship application being processed

Post by Hope7777 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi
I've applied in June 2017 for British citizenship registration for both of my children (MN1 section 1(3)), however I only got the one's registration certificate (they qualify on the same basis). The application for my one year old is still pending. We have booked flights for December to visit family and I'm concerned that time is running out. She would be able to leave the UK on her foreign passport. If we don't get her approval and British passport in time for our return to the UK, would she be able to apply for a tourist visa (or another category)? So that she would be able to return with us to the UK?

She was born in the UK and had a tier 2 dependent visa, but this has now expired.

Thank you

Hope7777
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Travel while MN1 citizenship application being processed

Post by Hope7777 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi

Does anyone know what temporary visa or certificate a child can apply for to enter the UK while waiting for British citizenship application to be completed? This is after the child's Tier 2 dependent visa ran out. The child qualifies for British citizenship as she was born in the UK and the parents have now settled (other child got approved on this basis this month).

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:48 am

If the child's citizenship is approved shortly before you travel or while you are away, you will not be able to apply for a tourist visa as a British citizen cannot hold a UK entry clearance visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hope7777
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Hope7777 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:09 pm

Thank you very much. Do you think applying for a tourist visa would affect the pending British citizenship application?

Not sure if there is any other 'status' the child could have in the UK (e.g. right to live here while application pending) as we applied for the British Citizenship before the Tier 2 dependent visa expired?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:47 pm

Thank you very much. Do you think applying for a tourist visa would affect the pending British citizenship application?
Not sure.
Not sure if there is any other 'status' the child could have in the UK (e.g. right to live here while application pending) as we applied for the British Citizenship before the Tier 2 dependent visa expired?
As the dependent visa has expired and the citizenship application is still in process, then the child has NO status in the UK. Section 3C of the Immigration Rules (ongoing status based on last visa held) does not apply to citizenship applications as citizenship falls under different laws to immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hope7777
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Hope7777 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. Really appreciate it.