ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM Extension Documents Required?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

claraluh
United Kingdom

FLR(M) Extension

Post by claraluh » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Hello Everyone,

My Spouse's visa is due to expire May 2018 and I would like to start preparing everything in advance. We applied for the first Visa using a solicitor's service which cost us a lot of money and this time we have decided to do it on our own. The Solicitor is charging us £80 to provide copy of the first application (which I think is extremely unfair as I've paid already 1500 + Vat for their service) but at least I will have all the information I have provided in the first application.

So, she was granted a 33 months visa in Aug 2015, visa is due to expire in May 2018. I am completely confused as it's the first time I am doing this kind of application on my own.

1) I have been employed in the same company for the past 7 years, My annual pay is 18576 + bonuses, I normally get over 20k per year. My Spouse is Self employed. Under which category should we apply?

2) I remember that for the first visa I provided P60, Pay slips, letter from employment and banks statements. But what documents should my spouse provide for self-employment? Do we have to provide financial documents for the past 6 months from date of application or for the past 2 years?

3) We still live at the same address of the first application. Just me, spouse and my mother. We didn't provide a house inspection report on the first application, do you have to provide one now?

I think I still have a few more questions to make but let's just start with these for now.

I really appreciate all the help received from this forum. It has helped me a lot in the past and now it continually will.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) Extension

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:29 am

If your alone earnings meeting the income threshold then you shouldn't combine self employment income of your spouse to keep your case straight and smooth.
If your mother is also sharing the home then preferably attach the house insepection report to prove sufficient and uncrowded accomodation.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hussainrehman123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hussainrehman123 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi claraluh,
You wouldn't really need to include your spouse's self employment as part of the application as it seems that you already meet the financial threshold.

£1,500+ VAT for a spouse application is quiet a lot. I've heard of quiet a few immigration solicitors charging a lot of money for there service. Whilst it's true you get what you pay for, £1,500+ VAT is a phenomenal amount of money. I would advise that you use a solicitor to prepare the application due to the fact that solicitors can identify areas where your application is weak and help you address it. I'd recommend that you contact xxxx, she's very thorough and will make sure that your case is water tight. i think she tends to charge around half of what you were charged which I think is pretty reasonable , you don't have the headache of doing the application and your not bursting the bank to get a good service. If you would like her details , you're welcome to DM me . Hope this helps and best of luck with your application. :)

Moderator edit: Solicitor's name removed under forum Ts&Cs

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:46 pm

Do not accept unsolicited recommendations, do not use a lawyer, there's no need, the advice given on this forum after weeding out the rubbish (ie my posts!) is better than any lawyer or advisor. Read, inwardly digest, apply a bit a common sense, save thousands and deprive a lawyer of a new Bentley this Christmas...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:14 pm

hussainrehman123 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:20 pm
Hi claraluh,
You wouldn't really need to include your spouse's self employment as part of the application as it seems that you already meet the financial threshold.

£1,500+ VAT for a spouse application is quiet a lot. I've heard of quiet a few immigration solicitors charging a lot of money for there service. Whilst it's true you get what you pay for, £1,500+ VAT is a phenomenal amount of money. I would advise that you use a solicitor to prepare the application due to the fact that solicitors can identify areas where your application is weak and help you address it. I'd recommend that you contact Salma , she's very thorough and will make sure that your case is water tight. i think she tends to charge around half of what you were charged which I think is pretty reasonable , you don't have the headache of doing the application and your not bursting the bank to get a good service. If you would like her details , you're welcome to DM me . Hope this helps and best of luck with your application. :)
A sound mind person with average English knowledge and computer literacy can prepare it's own case without any solicitor need. Regular reading the board, reading application form & it's guidance can equip the applicant with same/above knowledge which a solicitor possess.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

claraluh
United Kingdom

FLRM Extension Documents Required?

Post by claraluh » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:12 am

Hi There,
My spouse is due to get the visa renewed in two months and I would like to know if anybody has a list of the documents required for the application?

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLRM Extension Documents Required?

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:14 am

The FLR(M) form lists clearly what is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:38 pm

Do we have to send the original passport of the sponsor, or does the copy suffice?
If the Sponsor holds a British Passport, do the copies need to be certified as well?

Many thanks.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi can anyone help me out with this question please?

Do we have to send the original passport of the sponsor, or does the copy suffice?
If the Sponsor holds a British Passport, do the copies need to be certified as well?

Many Thanks for all the help!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:15 pm

claraluh wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:08 pm
Hi can anyone help me out with this question please?

Many Thanks for all the help!
certified copies should be suffice. Post office offers service to certify them at considerably less price.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi all I have found this:

“If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your sponsor’s valid or most recent passport, national identity card or travel document with your application. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be certified; your sponsor must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport, national identity card or travel document.”

Does this apply if I apply online and send documents by post?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:57 am

claraluh wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:15 pm
Hi all I have found this:

“If you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your sponsor’s valid or most recent passport, national identity card or travel document with your application. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be certified; your sponsor must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport, national identity card or travel document.”

Does this apply if I apply online and send documents by post?
Yes!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Just one more question 😔 Sorry!
My salaried income is 18567 year + commissions and bonuses. I’ve been in the company for over 5 yrs already, I got a payrise this month so the income is going above 18600 before the commissions are added. But In the Month of December we were on Holidays for the whole month and I didn’t make any commissions or bonuses so my Gross Pay for Dec was £1548 that’s £2 less than what I think I would need. But for the Year is over 21K.

Do you think that £1548 will be a problem?

And Under which Category Should I Apply? This was the hardest part to understand. Last time we used a solicitor and they are not willing to help out unless we open our wallets.

Thanks a Million!!!

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:45 am

Can anyone help me out please?? 🙁

My salaried income is 18567 year + commissions and bonuses. I’ve been in the company for over 5 yrs already, I got a payrise this month so the income is going above 18600 before the commissions are added. But In the Month of December we were on Holidays for the whole month and I didn’t make any commissions or bonuses so my Gross Pay for Dec was £1548 that’s £2 less than what I think I would need. But for the Year is over 21K.

And Under which Category Should I Apply? This was the hardest part to understand. Last time we used a solicitor and they are not willing to help out unless we open our wallets.

Thanks a Million!!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 pm

claraluh wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:45 am
Can anyone help me out please?? 🙁

Thanks a Million!!!
In that case you may easily be fit in category B where you have to fufill two parts. In your case your salaried employment of at least £18600 at the time of application can fufill its first part and as you stated that you have earned above of £18600 during the last one year then it will meet its second bit. But for category B you will have to attach 12 months payslips & corresponding bank statements.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks everyone for all the help provided!
We have gathered all the documentation and are going to send the application on the post tomorrow. I have written as well a quick support letter for my partner’s application and I just would like to know if a cover letter written by my partner is compulsory??
We have provided everything requested on the application and I just don’t know what to write if we have to write such a letter. 😩