ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my ILR be refused as i have been working for 11 years!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noush
Newly Registered

Will my ILR be refused as i have been working for 11 years!

Post by noush » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:59 pm

hi,

please help as an application for ILR under the 14 year rule has been sent via my solicitor but i have just heard as an overstayer i should not have been working. I have had a national insurance number since 1995 and took up work in 1998 but i was told that i had permission to work after 6 months if my asylum application was not decided. eventually my app. was refused and i appealed and have not heard anything until today even though my address has always been the same.

does anyone know if my application will be refused because i have been working? i am so scared.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:10 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:42 pm

Did you state that you were working in the application ?

Unless you tell them they might not check. As vinny posted check the ILR rules.

noush
Newly Registered

Post by noush » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:14 pm

yes i enclosed all my payslips and p60's and everything! am really scared

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:27 pm

The applicant’s employment record will often be a significant consideration. The main purpose of the two Long Residence rules is to enable people who have been working here, or otherwise contributing to the economy, to regularise their position. Therefore, caseworkers need to consider what the person has been doing while here, and what economic contribution, if any, he has made. It will not normally be in the public interest to grant ILR under these Rules to someone unless he has been economically selfsufficient for a significant period of the time he has spent here

noush
Newly Registered

Post by noush » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:04 am

oh thank you IMMIGRATIONLAWYER...thanks somuch for making me feel better.