ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 - Judicial Review

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stu123
Greece

Tier 4 - Judicial Review

Post by Stu123 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:43 am

Hello everyone,
I would really appreciate if i can get some advise or information on Tier 4 out of country judicial review. How long does it take usually and what are the chances of success in general.
Thanks for reading.

Stu123
Greece

Re: Tier 4 - Judicial Review

Post by Stu123 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:59 pm

mods can you advise on above please. :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Was your visa refused and if yes, for what reason? Did you apply for AR at all and if so, what was the result?

Judicial Review falls outside the scope of the immigration rules and timeframes.

No one can tell you the chance of success without knowing more details about your case.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Thanks for your reply. I was awarded the necessary points for CAS and maintenance but my visa was refused on grounds that i am not a genuine student with reference to my interview and my AR was refused as well for the same reason. I understand that no one can tell for sure what will happen in my case but i would like to know any information on similar situations as mine. Please advise on processing time and chances of success, i will be grateful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Why did UKVI believe you are not a genuine student?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 am

They interviews me and were not satisfied. Not any solid points. Thats why i was able to apply for AR but they again refused me on things that are unrelated and untrue. Can you please answer my question? Refused under 245ZV(k).

Obie can you pls advise. :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:20 am

Can you post the exact text of the refusal, taking out any personal details?

Difficult for anyone to offer advice as we don't know what UKVI said or doubted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:48 pm

The details includes my personal information that i dont want to post here.
It said i am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are a genuine student.

I completely understand you cant say anything unless you know the details on my refusal but i was hoping if anyone can advise on what are the chances of JR success in tier 4 cases in general or where an applicant got the necessary points awarded like myself and how long it takes in general.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:38 pm

Stu123 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:48 pm
The details includes my personal information that i dont want to post here.
It said i am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you are a genuine student.

I completely understand you cant say anything unless you know the details on my refusal but i was hoping if anyone can advise on what are the chances of JR success in tier 4 cases in general or where an applicant got the necessary points awarded like myself and how long it takes in general.
Not sure why you cannot simply state the text excluding your personal details but anyway, your choice. The forum is full of recent refusals for the same 'not genuine student' reasons, based on interview with vague answers, not enough research done on the university, relaying on 'friends' recommendations, not knowing details of your course etc.

As no one can see what HO has written to you etc, unlikely anyone will be able to respond with any useful advice. JR success depends entirely on your claims against the refusal points.

I won't comment any further.

Good luck.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Stu123
Greece

Post by Stu123 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:58 am

thank you. The reason you mentioned are the ones for my refusal, not knowing enough details of course, why this course and my intention after study. I did not say anything vague but in the refusal explanation they make my answers look like they were not good enough to convince i am a genuine student.
Any advise on JR processing time?