ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TELEPHONE CALL FROM CITIZENSHIP DIVISION

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trustworthy
Ireland

TELEPHONE CALL FROM CITIZENSHIP DIVISION

Post by trustworthy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:01 am

Hy Guys,

I would be grateful if you could help me in following matter.
My wife has applied for IRISH NATURALISATION as a spouse of an IRISH CITIZEN. Yesterday we have received a phone call twice on our cell phone from a telephone number 016167700. When we checked this number it appeared that this telephone number is from

Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
Department of Justice and Equality
13-14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2

We have tried to call that number but goes on ringing.
The telephone number of Citizenship Division is 06232500. Now we we are perplexed why we have received a call from this number? did any ever before have received call from CITIZENSHIP DIVISION. If s then please tell us what was the number? One assumption is that this call may be for someone else. Because the SIM we are using for her cellphone is actually gifted by one of my friend. I know he had applied for EU1 FAMILY VISA for one of his family member few months ago. But now he has moved to another city and I have lost his contact.
Please advise if some one has ever received a call from CITIZENSHIP DIVISION.

I look forward for your response.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: TELEPHONE CALL FROM CITIZENSHIP DIVISION

Post by Alixlboy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:59 am

I think INIS and Naturalization are two separate departments. So not sure, why were you contacted by INIS. If it was something important, I'm sure they would contact you again. They also have alternative ways to make sure and find out about anything that they are interested in knowing.
I applied with INIS once, got a missed call from unknown number, did not pick up and got my application approved after two or three days. So they can find out about information using different ways as well. However, if they do need to contact you, they will.

trustworthy
Ireland

Post by trustworthy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:46 pm

Dear Alixlboy,

Thank you very much for your prompt response, and sharing your valuable comments and experience :D .

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:42 pm

trustworthy wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:46 pm
Dear Alixlboy,

Thank you very much for your prompt response, and sharing your valuable comments and experience :D .
You're welcome and stay blessed!

sonia167
Newly Registered

Post by sonia167 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:18 am

I also received same cll but unfortunately i was asleep and missed 2 calls. I am Irish National since past 4 years now but i dont know why this number called me. Maybe i am wondering i have given my reference for one of my friends for citizenship application. Buy trustworthy you never told us that why they contacted you and what happened later ?