ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 General to PBS Dependant - Documents ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PR890
Newly Registered
India

Tier-2 General to PBS Dependant

Post by PR890 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:46 pm

I'm currently in UK and trying to switch from Tier-2 General to PBS Dependant and I have a few questions related to it if someone can help me with this. I have already resigned and I was told by my employer that they will update HO this Wednesday.
1) Can I make the application for switch before I get the curtailment letter from HO?
2) Should I be paying the immigration health surcharge? If yes how much? I used https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ecker/type to check, but not sure which of the options i should choose amongst the following (a) Applying alone, b) Coming to UK with dependants, c) Applying to join somebody (a main applicant) in the UK.
3) In order to prove our relationship will it be sufficient to show our marriage certificate, tenant agreement(which has both our names in it) and the bank statements of both of us which has the same address? Or is there anything else that we can provide to prove it?

Thanks a bunch.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-2 General to PBS Dependant

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 am

1. Yes.

2. Yes, how much you pay depends on how long the visa is issued for based on your partners main tier 2 general. Apply alone if you are in the UK.

3. Should be fine. You also need to prove maintenance funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PR890
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier-2 General to PBS Dependant

Post by PR890 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:12 am

Thanks CR001, that was helpful.

PR890
Newly Registered
India

Tier-2 General to PBS Dependant - Documents ?

Post by PR890 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:39 pm

I have come up with a list of documents that needed to be submitted for switching my visa from Tier-2 General to PBS Dependant while staying in UK. I have a few questions which when addressed will help me and any future applicants.

My documents: (Currently Tier-2 General trying to switch to Dependant)
Signed Application letter (filled online)
Original Passport
Original BRP
2 Passport photos (with fullname written on the back)
Last 3 months bank statement (Fund, address proof, relationship proof(since we have the same address, its not a joint account though))

My spouse documents: (Tier-2 visa holder)
Copy of Passport
Copy of BRP
Employment letter
Last 3 months payslip
Last 3 months bank statement (To show fund maintenance)

Other documents
Marriage Certificate (Copy or Original?)
Rental agreement (Address proof and our relationship(our names are in the agreement)) - (Copy or Original?)
IHS payment confirmation email.

Questions:
1) Do I need to send a copy of my spouse's CoS letter?
2) Marriage certificate - Should that be original?
3) Rental agreement - Should that be original?
4) Am I supposed to send my spouse's (Tier-2 visa holder) originals as well (Passport and BRP)
5) I have seen people from abroad (applying to join the main applicant in UK) also submitting whatsapp/facebook comms, is it necessary for the UK residents since I'm submitting rental agreement and bank statements having the same address?
6) Is there any vital document that I have missed?

Thanks in advance.

PR890
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier-2 General to PBS Dependant - Documents ?

Post by PR890 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:22 pm

hey guys, anyone who can help with these questions?

PR890
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier-2 General to PBS Dependant - Documents ?

Post by PR890 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:14 pm

I got my dependant visa approved today. I will answer those questions myself since I got it approved.
1) Do I need to send a copy of my spouse's CoS letter (Tier-2 Visa holder)?
I did send one
2) Marriage certificate - Should that be original?
Original
3) Rental agreement - Should that be original?
Original
4) Am I supposed to send my spouse's (Tier-2 visa holder) originals as well (Passport and BRP)
Copy of Passport and BRP
5) I have seen people from abroad (applying to join the main applicant in UK) also submitting whatsapp/facebook comms, is it necessary for the UK residents since I'm submitting rental agreement and bank statements having the same address?
I had additionally sent HMRC letters with the same address (mine and my spouse's). No whatsapp/FB comms was sent.
6) Is there any vital document that I have missed?
None