ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

buffer period after Tier 1 exipiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anjali85

buffer period after Tier 1 exipiry

Post by Anjali85 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:40 pm

Hi All,

Hope you all doing well,

is there a buffer period after the Tier 1 G expiry date and before ILR application?

for example Jan 1 is the current visa expiry date, can we apply (same day appointment) for ILR on Jan 20th?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: buffer period after Tier 1 exipiry

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:25 pm

You can ONLY apply within 14 days of visa expiry for any new application. Later and it will be refused automatically.
The suggestion is always make an in-time application before visa expiry
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: buffer period after Tier 1 exipiry

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:07 am

@ Anjali85 - can you please adhere to the forum rules about multiple posts as has already been asked of you in your other topic you are asking the same question.

Please desist from starting multiple topics.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/reschedule-t ... l#p1567451

For PBS dependents, they must have valid/extant leave in order to apply for ILR. It is only a spouse visa under appendix FM that does not require extant leave for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.