ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP passport in different county

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Danval
Newly Registered

JCAP passport in different county

Post by Danval » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi,

I have applied for my citizenship and passport all together in Nottingham as my county won't do the join application.
I have now received my approval and had my ceremony (in my county) but when I've asked, they told me that they would not notify anybody that i am now a british citizen, that the only thing they do is to give me my certificate. So I've checked on the papers I've been given when I've applied and it says that i should call the HMPO after the ceremony and I did but they couldn't give me much information...

I know for the posts I've been seeing that the UKVI tells the passport office that they can do my passport now, but who will tell the UKVI then?

Anybody can help?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: JCAP passport in different county

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:47 pm

Congrats on being approved!
Council will notify UKVI that you attended - UKVI will notify HMPO (different organisation) that they can issue the passport. HMPO is a separate unit from UKVI.
JCAP can be done at any council - the ceremony is only held at your local council unless you requested one specifically.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Danval
Newly Registered

Post by Danval » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:51 pm

Thank you very much and I also hope so.... I've talked to the register lady today before she gave me the certificate and she was very clear to tell me that the only thing they do is give me the certificate and that was it... I did ask if they notify visas and immigration that i am not an immigrant anymore and she said no...

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:11 pm

I think you should have asked specifically about the Passport as you had applied via JCAP.
Confirming that you attended the ceremony is part of the normal process.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:14 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:11 pm
I think you should have asked specifically about the Passport as you had applied via JCAP.
Confirming that you attended the ceremony is part of the normal process.
The OP attended the ceremony in their HOME country not in the UK. The embassy does not inform HO that ceremony is done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:26 pm

applied for my citizenship and passport all together in Nottingham as my county won't do the join application.
I have now received my approval and had my ceremony (in my county)
Country was not mentioned though.

Danval
Newly Registered

Post by Danval » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:20 pm

To be honest, I did ask. When I did all the paperwork in Nottingham and applied, the lady checked everything and told me that once after the ceremony my council (Leicester city) will let the HO know i have attended and the HO would let the HMPO know and my passport would be printed.
I have asked Leicester council when I've booked my ceremony and they told me that they would only give me the certificate but I still needed to have the ceremony to finish the citizenship process so I've booked and today just before they gave me the certificate and after the oath, I asked the registrar lady and she said that they would only give me the certificate so I've asked and now what? how is the UKVI know that i am no longer an immigrant? and she told me to call the passport office and find out what i needed to do. So basically everyone is bouncing me from 1 place to another... the council is sending me to the HMPO and they are sending me to HO and those r sending me to the council....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:07 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:26 pm
applied for my citizenship and passport all together in Nottingham as my county won't do the join application.
I have now received my approval and had my ceremony (in my county)
Country was not mentioned though.
I read 'country' :oops: I clearly need a long holiday!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AdInfernos
Spain

Post by AdInfernos » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Danval, probably you should drop an email to the home office and check whether they have been notified.

Regardless of what the lady in the council has told you they must notify the home office that you attended. Otherwise how will they know? And they definitely need to know because if you don't attend a ceremony within 90 days your application will be cancelled. So it is obvious that such a notification system must exist.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:58 pm

A few councils still don't offer NCS. Herefordshire is one probably just too sparsely populated?