ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extention

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mmoody
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Spouse visa extention

Post by Mmoody » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi , i am new to the fourm . I am currently on first halfof spouse visa FLR(M)which will expire in 6 of February 2018.i have question regarding the financial year as my wife is self employed. Our 2016-2017 tax income is due to pay next January which is difficult to prpare this documents needed because of short time and these dicuments are not going to be ready before my visa expire.my question is it possible to use the financial year of 2015-2016 instead . My wife income more than 20000 a year.

zzzindagi

Re: Spouse visa extention

Post by zzzindagi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:31 pm

What ever you are saying does not make any sense. The tax year 2016-2-17 has already been closed since April 2017. We are already in 2017-2018.

You can submit online return anytime from NOW till 31 Jan 2018 because the tax period 2016-17 has already been closed. Even if you submit the tax return Now you will still get the same deadline for payment which is 31 Jan 2018. If you cannot pay the Tax before 31 Jan 2018, you can request HMRC to give you payment plan.
ZR

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:35 pm

It takes only 5 to 10 minutes to submit the return. You will be able to print all the documents from online portal immediately after submitting your return. You can also call HMRC to send you original SA302 which usually arrives in 2 weeks. They will give you 4-6 weeks time but it usually arrives in 2 weeks.
ZR

Mmoody
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Mmoody » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Thank you for your reply. We already sent all the documents through our accountant one week ago but they told us we can not pay until end of January which is might be deadline for my visa .also we forgot to includ in that paper to add the payments of class 2 insurance contribution which i believe it can be paid at the same time as income tax. My fear is all these documents will not be ready in enough time before my visa expires. Is there any suggestions.thank you.

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:06 pm

Why your accountant is not doing it online. You need to register for online service and you will be able to do it by yourself. Register for your online services as soon as possible and Pay online. It will be done in few minutes after you are Registered for online services. They will send you code in few weeks.

https://www.gov.uk/self-assessment-tax- ... /deadlines

https://www.gov.uk/log-in-file-self-mule ... tax-return

Or You can tell your Accountant to do everything online for you.
ZR

Mmoody
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Mmoody » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 pm

Thank you for your reply. I am sure the accountant did submitt online but when we call hmrc to pay they told us the payment for this tax return will be in the end of January.by the way now i checked my wife national insurance record it shows paid up2016-2017 and this paid as they stated from national insurance credit not by her self employment as previous years . Is this will effect my visa renewal. Thank you.