ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage in pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khuramalam
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Marriage in pakistan

Post by khuramalam » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:22 pm

hi
i am new to this forum i need some asistance

i have ILR with pakistani passort . i have rigestered marriage with british national in 2013 ( never lived together ) but i NEVERE applied any kind of visa on her behalf and now our case for seperation in court and we are both agree i know we put case very late , our case will be done buy feb march we are waiting for first decree.
my question is
can i call my wife here before absouleet decree?

can i get married in pakistan during this process ?

if i get married then i will call me wife on spouse visa but in that form i have to mention dates will it be effect only application ? becasuse i have to mention real dates which would be before absoleet decree

please guide me
thank

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage in pakistan

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:09 am

If you marry before your divorce decree absolute (or the equivalent in Pakistan) the spouse settlement visa will be refused and you will have dug yourself into a very big hole :!:

Your second marriage won't be legally recognised in the UK and we have MANY examples of refusals due to the sponsor not being able to submit evidence of the divorce.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.