ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

'Lost' Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Greg
Newly Registered

'Lost' Application

Post by Greg » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:54 pm

My HSMP app was sent in with my girlfriends, but they didn't see mine when they opened it, and now that they've found it they have date stamped it as having been received after my 28th birthday. I'm faxing this in tomorrow:
My initial HSMP application (####, DOB: 28/02/1980, Reference No: 25####/01) was initially mailed on the 15th February, 2008. It arrived at your center on the 18th of February. My girlfriend and I enclosed our applications in the same package. Unfortunately, upon opening the package at your end, my application was missed. As best as I can understand from phone conversations, my girlfriend’s application (#########, DOB: ##/##/1981, Reference No: ####/01) was entered into your system and the package was resealed and placed into storage. When I failed to receive a reference number, and the fee was not debited from my credit card account, I phoned to query the situation (around 22nd February). I was told that the package had been placed in storage, and would now need to work its way through the system before my application could be processed. I was also assured verbally (twice) that my application would be marked as having been received on the 18th February (as it was), which is vital since it needed to arrive before my 28th birthday. The fee has now been debited from my account (on the 20th March). When I rang today to receive my reference number, I was informed that my application has been listed as having been received on the 20th of March. If that is the case, can I please request that this is corrected to the 18th of February, and confirmation sent to ####@####.

Thanking you,
I'm quite worried about this situation. Is there any reason I will have problems with this? My application arrived at their payment center on time, surely it is their responsibility to examine the contents of the post and sort it correctly.

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:02 pm

Pretty tricky situation there... Hope it gets sorted out.

Keep us updated, as I would also be interested in knowing what date they consider technically as the date of application.