ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 dependant to Tier2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

venugopal
India

Tier2 dependant to Tier2 General

Post by venugopal » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:35 pm

I am on a ICT tier2 dependant visa working for a UK company from past 6 months. Now my company want to give me COS. Should my company terminate me, hire me again by offering COS or can I be offered COS without termination.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 dependant to Tier2 General

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:51 pm

No you do not have to resign but they must have done the full and proper RLMT process to prove you are not 'pre-selected'. You also have to apply from home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venugopal
India

Post by venugopal » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Thank you for your quick reply :D :D . Now I have another issue.

As I already mentioned I am a T2 ICT dependant and my visa will expire by June 8th 2018.
My company will initiate my COS next month (April). How long will it take HMRC to approve my COS ??
In case if my COS is approved after June, Can I come back and work for the company on same COS or my Company has to again initiate a new one ?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:19 pm

How long will it take HMRC to approve my COS ??
Home Office NOT the tax department HMRC.
In case if my COS is approved after June, Can I come back and work for the company on same COS or my Company has to again initiate a new one ?

Your dependent visa has nothing to do with your Tier 2 General application. You must apply for tier 2 general within 3 months of CoS being issued.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venugopal
India

Post by venugopal » Wed May 16, 2018 6:43 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I am working for the UK organization on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa which will expire on July 8th 2018.. My company want to provide Tier 2 general visa. It completed RLMT and requested COS to home office, the status of which will be known on June 11th. Once I get my COS, I am planning to get general visa ASAP.

1. If I get my general visa before July 8th, should my company terminate me and rehire with general visa or can my company continue me without any termination ??.

2. If I get my general visa after July 8th, should my company terminate me and rehire with general visa or can my company continue me without any termination ??.

Thanks in advance:)

venugopal
India

Post by venugopal » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi,

I have 40 points( 20 RLMT + 20 salary) for Tier 2 general COS. How likely my COS will get approved in June 2018 month considering the situations in recent months(Dec 17 to May18).

Many Thanks.