ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residency for EU citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hraban
Newly Registered
Estonia

Proof of residency for EU citizen

Post by hraban » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Hello,

I've seen NCS two days ago, and I was told that my university enrolment confirmation letter and award confirmation, with all stamps and signatures, is not a proof I was physically present in the country. As this is a requirement, I need to find another way to prove that I have been present in the UK from November 2012 to March 2013. I tried to ask them what is that exactly that they need, does the university letter have a name, or anything, and they just said "we don't know". It only has to state that I was physically attending the university. For some reason a letter from a GP is a stronger proof that I was here. But I do not have a single clue what GP I was registered to 5 years ago!
So I ended up going to my former university and asked them if they have any sort of a letter that could have words "physically present" in it - and unsurprisingly they had nothing to offer other than enrolment confirmation and award confirmation, rejected by NCS before.
I could possibly figure somehow out where and how I was registered to GP (if I was registered at all) and get the paper, but the university letter situation bugs me so much - what is an acceptable proof if not those official letters? I asked a girl in the undergrad office whether she had anyone coming with a similar question, and she said no.
Is is possible that the NCS advisor was just not competent?
I ended up getting another enrolment confirmation from the uni, where it additionally says (quote) "<name> attended the university from 2008 - 2013, in person as a full-time student for the whole duration". Does this make any difference?

Thanks.

P.S. Oh yes, bank statements and council tax letters are not a proof either as I was told.

eumumto2

Re: Proof of residency for EU citizen

Post by eumumto2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:34 am

Why Council tax statements wasn't good enough?
We were ok with P60's and Council tax statements.