ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I apply for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daniann
Algeria

Naturalisation documents

Post by Daniann » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 am

Hello guys ,
I am applying soon for naturalisation as family member of EEA rote , I have been married to EEA national for 6 years and 2 month and I had my PR issued on May 2017 ..
My question is the following :
I need to send my passport and PR and documents covering the last 6 years ( Pay slips , P60 and bank statements )
What else I need to send ? Do I need to send my wife passport ( original or copy ) do I need to send marriage cert ? Do I need send my EEA partner PR?
Kindly to inlight me
Thank you

Daniann
Algeria

Re: Naturalisation documents

Post by Daniann » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Daniann wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 am
Hello guys ,
I am applying soon for naturalisation as family member of EEA rote , I have been married to EEA national for 6 years and 2 month and I had my PR issued on May 2017 ..
My question is the following :
I need to send my passport and PR and documents covering the last 6 years ( Pay slips , P60 and bank statements )
What else I need to send ? Do I need to send my wife passport ( original or copy ) do I need to send marriage cert ? Do I need send my EEA partner PR?
Kindly to inlight me
Thank you
Guys , I really appreciate if someone give me an answer with detailes

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Why not follow the requirements stated in Form AN and guidance?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
Remember AN is not a re-run of PR - the five or ten years requirements are from the date of application worked back.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:02 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:50 pm
Why not follow the requirements stated in Form AN and guidance?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
Remember AN is not a re-run of PR - the five or ten years requirements are from the date of application worked back.
Thank you for sharing the link , but I already went through the 3 documents last week .
But from my reading and understanding to what other people writing on this forum there is slightly different requirements depending on the route you applying for AN through , and what am seeking is is the people opinion and to share thier experience with me ..
However , I really appreciate if there is anyone can advice me , please not am applying through the route that am family member of EEA with PR already and am being married for 6 years and few months
Thank you

Daniann
Algeria

When can I apply for BC

Post by Daniann » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:33 am

I am little confused , am family member of EEA , date of my marriage is 10/9/2011 got my RC date on 5/12/2011 and the issue date of my PR is 12/05/2017
When I can apply for BC ? As far as I know it has to be 5 +1 year continues resedent in U.K.
can some one help with this ?

Daniann
Algeria

Re: When can I apply for BC

Post by Daniann » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:43 pm

Any help guys ?

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:23 am

I have another 2 questions :
1/ I have new passport issued from my embassy few weeks ago ( after I got my PR ) I am going to send this passport , but do you I need to send the previous expired passport ( were the 5 years RC is stamped on it )?
2/ if I apply through NCS , in this case the NCS will send the documents or me ? And if the home office need further documents they will send letter regarding that to the NCS and then the NCS will send the letter to me or the HO will send the letter directly to my address ?
I appreciate if any one with experience in this setutions can answer my questions

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Daniann wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:23 am
I have another 2 questions :
1/ I have new passport issued from my embassy few weeks ago ( after I got my PR ) I am going to send this passport , but do you I need to send the previous expired passport ( were the 5 years RC is stamped on it )?
2/ if I apply through NCS , in this case the NCS will send the documents or me ? And if the home office need further documents they will send letter regarding that to the NCS and then the NCS will send the letter to me or the HO will send the letter directly to my address ?
I appreciate if any one with experience in this setutions can answer my questions

Thank you
1. Send both.

2. NCS will send the documents for you. If HO require more documents, they will write to YOU.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:43 am

Daniann wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:33 am
I am little confused , am family member of EEA , date of my marriage is 10/9/2011 got my RC date on 5/12/2011 and the issue date of my PR is 12/05/2017
When I can apply for BC ? As far as I know it has to be 5 +1 year continues resedent in U.K.
Thank you CR001
Is there is any chance you give me your opinion regarding the above question

Thank you again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:58 am

Citizenship is based on the 5 years immediately preceding your application date, so any time this year is counted back to 2012. The 5 years must however include 1 year on PR/ILR unless you are married to a British citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:58 am
Citizenship is based on the 5 years immediately preceding your application date, so any time this year is counted back to 2012. The 5 years must however include 1 year on PR/ILR unless you are married to a British citizen.
Thank you CR001
I think it’s 5 years +1 year after you hold PR !! As I need to be free from the immegration control for 1 years .. I might be mistaken
However , according to my understanding I can apply now

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Daniann wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:06 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:58 am
Thank you CR001
I think it’s 5 years +1 year after you hold PR !! As I need to be free from the immegration control for 1 years .. I might be mistaken
However , according to my understanding I can apply now
Yes you are mistaken.

You need 6 years before you qualify to apply due to needing 1 year on PR. HOWEVER, Citizenship is based on the 5 years IMMEDIATELY preceding your application date which MUST include 1 year on PR (i.e. 4 years plus 1 year PR).

Dont' confuse citizenship laws and requirements with PR/EU residence requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:53 pm

Daniann wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:33 am
Thank you CR001,
Looking at the dates above , am I qualified now to apply for BC?
Thank you

LadyRenoir
Newly Registered

Post by LadyRenoir » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:33 pm

You should have received a letter with your PR card stating a date when you have gained PR, and then you count one year from that date.

Daniann
Algeria

Employment history

Post by Daniann » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:55 pm

hi,
I am family member of EEA with PR ,white am applying for BC Do I need to declare all my employment history for the last 10 years or shall I declare only for the last 6 years ( since I got the RC) ?
Before I had my RC I was student doing part time in many places and honestly I can’t remember when I start and when I finish for each work exactly and there was a lot of gabs between each job as I was student ,but after I got my RC ( 6 years ago ) I start working full time and I have full history and all documents need for that .
So what shall I do ? Do I need to declare everything before the 6 years ( before my RC)?
Kindly advice

eumumto2

Re: Employment history

Post by eumumto2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:37 am

You have to answer the question. It is asked for the 10 year history, so you HAVE to provide all that information. Don't think about gaps. Provide only asked info.