ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:03 pm

milolindo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:47 pm
Hi,

Can someone advise me please. I received my ILR -- Refugee Route few days ago and it has expiry date on the resident card (31-12-2024). is that normal and everyone has t he same date?, Anything I have to worry about ?

Thanking you in advance for your respond.

Regards
Normal. That is the date set by the EU for all EU countries (UK included) to update and change biometric documents to enhance security features.

The card expires, not ILR status (unless absent from UK for 2 years or more).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CKXGP
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by CKXGP » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi All
Here is my timeline:

Application submitted: 05/10/2017
Received by Home office: 06/10/2017
Acknowledgement received: 13/10/2017
Biometric done:15/102017
Emails received: 13teen

Approval letter: waiting...........??

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi Jackson,
forgot to sign on a page so the documents were returned back to me. will post it again on Monday.

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:58 pm

My Timeline

App sent on - 12/10/2017
Received HO - Very next day
Email received - 18/10/2017

18/11/17 HO returned back my documents for a missing signature. will post back again on Monday.
No Acknowledgement or BRP Enrollment letter.

Tribulations28
Newly Registered
France

Post by Tribulations28 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:18 am

Good day everyone,
I am fairly new to this forum, but I have been observing from a distance and I really am appreciative of the sharing of experiences and the help provided between members.
My timeline as follows
App sent: 13/10/17
Received by HO: 16/10/17 (RM recorded signed for)
Acknowledgement email: 19/10/17
Biometrics and acknowledgement letter via post: 23/10/17 dated 19/10/17
Biometrics submitted: 23/10/17
Used my case ref number to check online status and it came up as awaiting a decision.
So far, I haven’t received any update email, If anyone has, what is it about ? just a summary of one’s application or it actually provides info on what stage it’s at?
Now, I am just going to kick back and relax until HO next gets in touch with me as I believe stressing over something we have no control is pointless and unhealthy. I’ll still post any updates if I do get any.
Kind regards.
Tribulations28

Beowulf
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Beowulf » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 am

Hi Tribulations28
No, I think the emails you get on a monthly basis are identifical to the first one you received on 19/10/10. Given that these emails are sent on a monthly basis, I think you should receive your second one either today (as it should be) or tomorrow (given that today is a weekend).

Tribulations28
Newly Registered
France

Post by Tribulations28 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Beowulf wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 am
Hi Tribulations28
No, I think the emails you get on a monthly basis are identifical to the first one you received on 19/10/10. Given that these emails are sent on a monthly basis, I think you should receive your second one either today (as it should be) or tomorrow (given that today is a weekend).
Thank you for your swift answer Beowulf.

Jackson25

Post by Jackson25 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:42 pm
Hi Jackson,
forgot to sign on a page so the documents were returned back to me. will post it again on Monday.
Oh no!
Hope it goes ok this time.

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:21 am

Hi everyone

Just went through some of the posts here and I found them really helpful, thought I will ask my questions too.

I am going to apply for ILR (as refugee) in January, however as I work fulltime, I was wondering if during the waiting time when HO is making a decision I can continue working or not?
How can I prove to my employer that I have applied for ILR

Thanks a lot
Feri

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:26 am

feri_2017 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:21 am
Hi everyone

Just went through some of the posts here and I found them really helpful, thought I will ask my questions too.

I am going to apply for ILR (as refugee) in January, however as I work fulltime, I was wondering if during the waiting time when HO is making a decision I can continue working or not? Yes you can work, your existing visa conditions continue under Section 3C.

How can I prove to my employer that I have applied for ILR Once you have your case ID number, your employer can check online what your right to work is. https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

Thanks a lot
Feri
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:26 am
feri_2017 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:21 am
Hi everyone

I am going to apply for ILR (as refugee) in January, however as I work fulltime, I was wondering if during the waiting time when HO is making a decision I can continue working or not? Yes you can work, your existing visa conditions continue under Section 3C.

How can I prove to my employer that I have applied for ILR Once you have your case ID number, your employer can check online what your right to work is. https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

Thanks a lot
Feri

Thank you so much,
I have another question, considering I have a refugee status and home office has all my evidence and documents I submitted during my asylum interview. And based on the new law of Safe Return Review, when I apply for ILR what do I need to include in my application as evidence or documents, also what sort of stuff do they expect me to write in the last section of the SET form (there is a section asking for the reasons I should be given ILR or I want to stay in the UK)

Thanks
Feri

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Anyone?

Hullu6
Newly Registered

Post by Hullu6 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:36 am

Hey feri,

I think they just want an explanation from you as to why you need continued protection. You can sate the reason that forced you to exile still exists in your country, for example if their hasn’t been change in regime or treatment towards the reason of your exile (political, ethncity, religion and so on). Also if you have continued the reason of your prosecution (political activism or continued religion practice or other) in the UK, you can use that as an evidence of your vulnerability if sent back home. If you have reliable sources (News reports or other) that show individuals in similar circumstance to you, are still being prosecuted in your homeland you can state that. *this is not professional advise, if your case is complicated you should seek lawyers advise.

Hope it gives you some idea and good luck!
Hullu

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Hullu6 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:36 am
Hey feri,

I think they just want an explanation from you as to why you need continued protection. You can sate the reason that forced you to exile still exists in your country, for example if their hasn’t been change in regime or treatment towards the reason of your exile (political, ethncity, religion and so on). Also if you have continued the reason of your prosecution (political activism or continued religion practice or other) in the UK, you can use that as an evidence of your vulnerability if sent back home. If you have reliable sources (News reports or other) that show individuals in similar circumstance to you, are still being prosecuted in your homeland you can state that. *this is not professional advise, if your case is complicated you should seek lawyers advise.

Hope it gives you some idea and good luck!
Hullu

Thanks a lot
I see, I will do my best then, my case is pretty strong I got a positive descision within 4 days of my asylum interview.

harry1987
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by harry1987 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:26 pm

Dear All,

I have refugee status expiring Januray 2018 and I believe i have to apply by Dec 2017. I have looked at the ILR Set P application form which looks pretty straight forward. But I have a few queries and hoping to get answers from your valuable experience:

1- what is the impact of the new regulation which says that refugees will not have an automatic entitlement to the Settlement anymore?
2- do i need to send the original documents to the home office, i.e. biometric card and other supporting documents.
3- what is the rough time scale for the decision?
4- I have done a postgraduation in the UK, do I need an english language test as well as life in the UK?
5- as the application form is straight forward and I do not have any criminal convictions, can I skip seeking advice from an immigration lawyer?

Looking forward to your kind reply.

Thanks.

ashirjavedch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ashirjavedch » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi Harry

1- if there are no changes in the circumstances and situation, the grounds you applied for asylum, then don't worry, there will be no impact on your case.

2- Yes you need to send all original documents, BRP, Travel Documents, National Passport if you have one and asylum determination letter.

3- The standard is they decide in 6 months if there is no complexity in the case. The experience is that all the respected members got their decisions after 5 months. I got mine after 5 months and 3 weeks.

4- You do not need LIFE IN UK, and English language test to apply for ILR, however, you will need it for Citizenship. If you have post graduation in the UK, then you will be exempted from English test.

5- Yes you can apply on your own, it is very simple, there will be no problem. I did my own and for my family.
Thanks
Ashirjavedch

Umerali190
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Umerali190 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:55 am

Very good explanation indeed ashir javed. I have also done it my self so guys here’s another good news with the grace of Allah (swt) my online status has been changed to decided and I’m hoping to get a positive decision I applied on 22nd June and online status changed on 28th November I ll let you guys know as soon I get approval letter

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:11 am

Does anyone know if we are allowed to get a travel document while waiting for ILR decision?

Sam2018
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Sam2018 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi,

I have applied on the 10th of Oct, have received an acknowledgment letter and done my biometric enrollment shortly after, my online status is awaiting decision .

I have submitted my original travel document and biometric card with my application but i have not submitted the determination letter as it was missing. Now i have found it, do you think i should send it off to HO or since the application accepted and original card with them then there is no need for it .

ashirjavedch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ashirjavedch » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi all

Good news Umarali, Congratulations, now you will get your BRP soon. enjoy your life.

Sam,
It is true that if you have submitted BRP, then no need to submit determination letter but to be on safer side, in my opinion, you should send it to home office mentioning your name, date of birth, HO reference address and reference number of your signed delivery and date. Thanks.

Someone asked that if he can apply for travel document while waiting for ILR, the answer is no. You can not apply travel document you need BRP which you have not. Check form TD112 guidance notes.

Thanks
Ashirjavedch

Umerali190
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Umerali190 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks bro did you get your delivery by DX?? And how many days did u have to wait?

ashirjavedch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ashirjavedch » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi Umarali

Yes, I got it. My online status changed to DECIDED on 16/11/2017

Got BRP cards on 22/11/17 (issuing date on the card is 20/11/17}
Got Letter and expired travel documents on 23/11/17

I have also applied New Travel Documents ONLINE on 23/11/17
Hard Copy of application and supporting documents sent 29/11/17

Thanks,
Ashirjavedch

Umerali190
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Umerali190 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:10 pm

Hi ashir thanks for replying me I missed Royal Mail delivery today And it’s a letter apparently however I ll will find out tomorrow morning and I also want to apply for travel document do you how long does it take for first timer??

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:23 am

Timeline Updates

Application sent - 12/10/17
HO Received - 13/10/17
Email received - 18/10/2017
HO returned Application for sign - 18/11/17
Application sent back to HO - 21/11/17
Acknow & BRP enrollment received - 24/11/17
BRP enrollment done - 01/12/17

Approval letter - NO
BRP - NO

waiting begins, long way to go.

ashirjavedch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ashirjavedch » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:46 pm

Umerali190 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:10 pm
Hi ashir thanks for replying me I missed Royal Mail delivery today And it’s a letter apparently however I ll will find out tomorrow morning and I also want to apply for travel document do you how long does it take for first timer??
Hi Umarali

Good that you will get your decision and BRP soon.
Last time I applied Travel Document in 2014. I got new Travel Document in 5 weeks and I applied for my family separately and they got in 4 weeks.
This time I applied online and all together with my family.
Home Office standard time is 14 weeks but usually, the people get in 6 to 8 weeks. It also depends on the load on the home office. In summer they take much time because the people apply travel documents to avail summer vacations and also the home office staff goes on holidays.
You will see that all decisions are quick in winter. However, it is my thinking, not the rule.
Thanks
Ashirjavedch