ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain: short of 3 months and 1 day

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mlrl
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Indefinite Leave to Remain: short of 3 months and 1 day

Post by mlrl » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:50 am

Hi,

It would be great if you can answer my questions on the following situations:

1. In total, I have 4 years, 8 months and 29 days under Tier 2 (General) visa. I know there are loads of thread regarding this but I couldn’t find a more specific case like mine (mostly here are 10-year long residence). My current job was put on the shortage occupation list as of November 2016. Question is, Am I qualified to apply for ILR even though I’m short of 3 months and 1 day?

2. If not, presumably I need to extend my visa. When I applied for my Tier 2, my job wasn’t on the shortage occupation list. Like I have said earlier, it is now included on the list. I’m still working with my current employer so it should be straightforward. Question is, will it be a new application? Or just to extend my visa but under the shortage occupation list?

I really do appreciate your answers in advance. Thanking you all!

-MRL :D

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain: short of 3 months and 1 day

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:12 am

Extend the Tier 2 visa until eligible under ILR. As long as the SOC codes are not changed and the your sponsor is paying the appropriate salary, you should be fine. I suggest to put in a postal Tier 2 application and if that takes more than two months, vary that application straight to ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice