ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Access To UK Child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

motaco88

Access To UK Child

Post by motaco88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello Fellow Candidates,

I would like to thank all commentators on this site as you all have been very helpful even though we can ask dumb or very impatient questions.

I have not found a topic nor enough information on timelines for a parent outside the UK applying for access to UK child visa . I decided to create this topic for us to house these timelines.

Hope it will help everyone who needs it.

Wish you all the best in your applications.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Access To UK Child

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:42 pm

With all due respect, we don't need another timeline thread which becomes difficult to moderate, especially for a visa category that is not asked about a lot at all. You didn't find a topic because there isn't one.

You are better placed to post your own circumstances and ask for advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

motaco88

Post by motaco88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:13 pm

Hello CR,

Thank you for your note.

I agree with you there because the other timelines are country specific and or for spouses so I do believe this section is relevant. If you can point me to another topic that is for access to child timelines then I would like to hear it. I will be posting my own timeline on here as well. If your suggestions, making your response relevant, is to open the post to all access to child posts and questions, then I would not disagree with that.

Thank you.

motaco88

Post by motaco88 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:19 pm

Application posted: 24/07/ 2017
Payment taken: 24/07/2017
Biometrics taken: 26/07/17
Documents posted by TLS: 26/07/2017
Supporting documents received: 4/08/2017
Additional documents requested - none yet
Decision Made: waiting

My first application was refused due to not have child contact order even thought a sworn affidavit from my daughters mom was submitted. Which makes me think that the affidavit no longer carries weight.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:21 pm

There is no timeline topic for access to child and we will not be starting one either as it is not a common/frequent application question on the forum.

If you wish to state your circumstances, by all means do so.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Oompa Loompa
Newly Registered

Post by Oompa Loompa » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Hello Motaco88,

I am in the same boat as you and I used Priority option.
Biometrics taken on 25/08/2017
Supporting documents sent by solicitors, not sure when received.
Is your application Standard or Priority?

Thank you for opening this thread.

motaco88

Post by motaco88 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 am

Hello Oompa Loompa (love the user name)
My application was standard and I didn't use a solicitor.
I am in day 41 today and the processing time guide says 93% are processed by 60 days from Nigeria so hoping to be part of that bracket.
God Speed

Oompa Loompa
Newly Registered

Post by Oompa Loompa » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:12 pm

Hello,

I collected my passport today with visa granted. It took slightly over a month.
I wish everyone good luck with their application.

motaco88

Post by motaco88 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Congratulations Bud!

Oompa Loompa
Newly Registered

Post by Oompa Loompa » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Thank you, Motaco!
I hope your visa will be granted soon too!

nimbim
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by nimbim » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:39 am

helo motaco88 and oompa loompa, I am just starting my application online, any advices? i got a bit worried now reading that motaco88 had an application refused? all I have is an order from the high court of london from the hague convention process which i lost , but in the order it says that the court encourages the father to have contact with the child, will that be enough? I dont think mum will write me an affidavit at this stage as she doesnt like the idea of me miving over. anyway i appreciate any advice at this stage . Thank you all

motaco88

Post by motaco88 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:03 pm

nimbim wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:39 am
helo motaco88 and oompa loompa, I am just starting my application online, any advices? i got a bit worried now reading that motaco88 had an application refused? all I have is an order from the high court of london from the hague convention process which i lost , but in the order it says that the court encourages the father to have contact with the child, will that be enough? I dont think mum will write me an affidavit at this stage as she doesnt like the idea of me miving over. anyway i appreciate any advice at this stage . Thank you all
Hi bud,

My initially application was refused because I didn't have an order but I was granted my visa in November and I am now in the UK. Thank God for that.

As forbyour case, if there is a possibility of you getting your ex to work with you to some extent on this you stand a far greater chance. The system certainly places our balls in the firm grip of the mothers. I doubt that you have the the Hague will work as it sounds like an advisory and not a legal order that this must happen. The court order for me was the golden ticket.

Other things you need to keep in mind are:
Do you video call with your child, send birthday cards and such? Are you on the birth certificate and does your child share your last name?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:22 pm

nimbim wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:39 am
You need to either get a proper court order or an informal agreement with the other parent. Otherwise there is very little prospect of a success.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

yarab
Cyprus

Post by yarab » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:23 pm

hi guys
iam on the process of having child arrangement order from the court as the mother not letting me see my son
hopefully the court will give me a contact order ?
does it matter if it will be supervised or unsupervised ? will that effect on my application?

motaco88

Post by motaco88 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:10 am

yarab wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:23 pm
hi guys
iam on the process of having child arrangement order from the court as the mother not letting me see my son
hopefully the court will give me a contact order ?
does it matter if it will be supervised or unsupervised ? will that effect on my application?
To be honest, I don't know. Have you had contact with your child before? Because CAFCASS will do a review to ensure the child is not in any danger which will include questioning your ex about how you are as a parent and person. If I was a gambling I would say either is good, mainthkng is you do have the chance to be involved in the child's upbringing. That's why I asked what kind of contact or parental involvement do you have now? Financial and communication wise?

yarab
Cyprus

Post by yarab » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:22 am

I don't have any contact now as we just split up me and my wife end of September and she is not letting me see our son that is why I went to the court .
And yes she is saying iam a risk but there is no prove for her allegations.
So I don't know how the court will deal with that
I have a hearing in January that is why I was asking should I agree for supervised contact or not?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:37 am

What is your family lawyers says.

There are times when it is sensible to.have a supervise contact and things will transit to an unsupervised and sleep over if you are found competent.

What is not accepted is indirect contact.

In all circumstances, it will be vital for the evidence to show you are playing an active role in child's upbringing and intend to continue doing so for the foreseeable future.

yarab
Cyprus

Post by yarab » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Obie wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:37 am
What is your family lawyers says.

There are times when it is sensible to.have a supervise contact and things will transit to an unsupervised and sleep over if you are found competent.

What is not accepted is indirect contact.

In all circumstances, it will be vital for the evidence to show you are playing an active role in child's upbringing and intend to continue doing so for the foreseeable future.
my family lawyer can't expect anything at the moment and we are waiting for the hearing date
I still didn't have any call from cafcass or anything as it still early I think.

what I don't like about my ex that she keep putting allegation against me and I hope the court will not believe that.

how can I prove iam playing active role I can't even see him yet. but I kept sending money every 4 weeks for the last 3 month since we spilt up . even my ex didn't ask for any money.
I do have a lot of photos together palying with him and feeding him and taking him out and on the beach but that was before splitting up as we used to live together.
but I really hope after first hearing I can get some sort of contact that can be acceptable for the home office .
thank you

nimbim2
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by nimbim2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:37 am

Hi oompa loompa, im applying for the visa without lawyer help, (cant afford atm), could you please help me sending a copy of the support letter from the mother that you used?
any other advice for the application??

thank you so much

nimbim2
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by nimbim2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:18 am

Dear motaco88, im applying for the visa without the help of an agent, I dont have a court order for contact and just appliying with the support letter from the mother, could you please help me to make sure the letter is good enough ?

motaco88

Post by motaco88 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 am

Hello Nim,

I had a letter and sworn affidavit from my child's mom and that didn't work so I would strongly recommend getting the court order to save you some grief. The court order process took 7 weeks for me, from start to finish.

yarab
Cyprus

Post by yarab » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 pm

I had a court order saying that mother should make our son available to spend time with me fortnightly.
But it's still supervised and the case still going for fact finding hearing for her allegations.
Will that matter if it's supervised or not?
I submitted flrfp last week and just had the hearing 2 days ago and waiting for to receive the order from the court to send it to the home office.

Any advice???

Thank you

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm

motaco88 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 am
Hello Nim,

I had a letter and sworn affidavit from my child's mom and that didn't work so I would strongly recommend getting the court order to save you some grief. The court order process took 7 weeks for me, from start to finish.
Affidavit has always worked for me, Court order can only be obtained if the parties do not agree. Also even thought not strictly necessary, parental right order always helps, and evidence of playing a role in the life of the child, like hospital confirming visit, school letter, bank statement of financial support provided.

minhas23
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by minhas23 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Obie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:08 pm
motaco88 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 am
Hello Nim,

Affidavit has always worked for me, Court order can only be obtained if the parties do not agree. Also even thought not strictly necessary, parental right order always helps, and evidence of playing a role in the life of the child, like hospital confirming visit, school letter, bank statement of financial support provided.
Hi Obie my case is similer to this case i submitted Birth Certificate of Child passport copy Pics but it was refused and said these documents dosnt show parental responsibility they given me right of appeal which i have launched now and this time ive got Court Order (Arrangement Order) then Red book where there times on Dr appointment i was with his mum but it dosnt states the name it says Child seen with mum and dad and one place it says With parents is that ok ?
thirdly his mother agreed to write a letter for me that im activley playing my role as father are these things helpful in Court appeal ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12 am

Well unfortunately you are in Appeal. I hope it goes well. It is unfortunate your case went that way. I hope it goes well.