ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB test expiring 1 month after application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Settlement Visa - IELTS Academic score 8.0 (rejected)

Post by waitingforspouse » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:50 am

Morning everyone,

I hope everyone is having a better day than I.

My wife's settlement visa was rejected on the basis she did not do IELTS A1. She did IELTS (Academic) and scored average of 8.5.

I can't fathom for the life of me why on earth one would reject a Visa on that basis??

Is it best to appeal or just submit a new application? The costs are adding up and it's very stressful. Should I call UKVI? I am completely lost and immigration lawyers I have called are bloodthirsty hounds that just make me very uncomfortable dealing with them.

She is from Pakistan just for reference.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Settlement Visa - IELTS Academic score 8.0 (rejected)

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:55 am

Page 10 of the approved HO tests, clearly states she requires the IELTS SELT Life Skills test.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:21 pm

waitingforspouse wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:50 am
Morning everyone,

I hope everyone is having a better day than I.

My wife's settlement visa was rejected on the basis she did not do IELTS A1. She did IELTS (Academic) and scored average of 8.5.

I can't fathom for the life of me why on earth one would reject a Visa on that basis??

Is it best to appeal or just submit a new application? The costs are adding up and it's very stressful. Should I call UKVI? I am completely lost and immigration lawyers I have called are bloodthirsty hounds that just make me very uncomfortable dealing with them.

She is from Pakistan just for reference.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
So sorry to hear that :( :(:( . 8.5 band should be too high even higher than B1 but unfortunately caseworker only follow its list. I think re-applying with correct English test is wise. I wish you have read the board regularly.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by waitingforspouse » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:54 pm

Thank you very much for your response guys. I had a chat with a lawyer previously and they mis-advised me (I paid a fee to meet with him). They advised IELTS (Academic) was ok for settlement visa. My wife scored very high and I am surprised this is not sufficient evidence considering IELTS is the body that provide these tests.

I guess I will have to repeat the entire process.
Is there any way I can keep up to date on all the changes in immigration rules? Where would I find this information?

It's not worth appealing then is it?

Thank you.

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Questions before applying for Settlement Visa - conversations + bank statement

Post by waitingforspouse » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:03 pm

Hello everyone,

Background Information
My previous visa application was rejected due to the lack of A1 lifeskills test (IELTS academic was provided despite being advised by two immigration lawyers and UKVI phone call - I am not sure which department it was as I was transferred about 7 times before I spoke to someone on whether IELTS academic is ok over A1).

Rectification of ECO rejection reason
My wife has passed the A1 lifeskills with sufficient scores.

ECO Rejection Letter
The ECO stated that the application does not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability under Section S-EC of Appendx FM and with respect to Eligiblility, that eligibility of relationship requirements of paragraphs of E-ECP.2.1. to 2.10. and financial requirements of paragraphs E-ECP.3.1 to 3.4. are met.

But I am worried that they probably didn't bother looking in great detail as they probably found the first thing and rejected it. Am I wrong to assume this?

Question 1
I was going to strengthen my application further this time by adding more whatsapp conversations/calls. I currently have around 3-4 conversations per month which I printed off in microsoft word as a grid of 3x3 totalling 3 pages with a total of around 28 conversations. I also had around 24 screenshots of phone calls from whatsapp call log. This is a total of 40 screenshots covering a span of around 5 and a half months.

Is this sufficient or should I double the amount for screenshots/calls?

Question 2
I earn above the financial requirement. I had cancelled a direct debit from my credit card company but they still charged me then refunding me the same day of around £1,100. I wanted to make a manual payment rather than the whole amount but they didn't cancel in time but still took a manual payment of a smaller amount. Should I get a letter to explain this? As the amount they tried to take out was more than what was in my account at the time.

Question 3
I also have an online account, I printed my bank statements online and had the bank stamp them after checking authenticity. Can I top up my existing bank statements as long as the stamp of the latest one is recent and within 28 days?

Thank you.

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Questions before applying for Settlement Visa - conversations + bank statement

Post by waitingforspouse » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:13 pm

Bump

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Rejection letter - advice required

Post by waitingforspouse » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:54 pm

Hello everyone,

ECO Rejection Letter
The ECO stated that the application does not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability under Section S-EC of Appendx FM and with respect to Eligiblility, that eligibility of relationship requirements of paragraphs of E-ECP.2.1. to 2.10. and financial requirements of paragraphs E-ECP.3.1 to 3.4. are met.

But I am worried that they probably didn't bother looking in great detail as they probably found the first thing and rejected it. Am I wrong to assume this?

Question 1
I was going to strengthen my application further this time by adding more whatsapp conversations/calls. I currently have around 3-4 conversations per month which I printed off in microsoft word as a grid of 3x3 totalling 3 pages with a total of around 28 conversations. I also had around 24 screenshots of phone calls from whatsapp call log. This is a total of 40 screenshots covering a span of around 5 and a half months.

Is this sufficient or should I double the amount for screenshots/calls?

Question 2
I earn above the financial requirement. I had cancelled a direct debit from my credit card company but they still charged me then refunding me the same day of around £1,100. I wanted to make a manual payment rather than the whole amount but they didn't cancel in time but still took a manual payment of a smaller amount. Should I get a letter to explain this? As the amount they tried to take out was more than what was in my account at the time.

Question 3
I also have an online account, I printed my bank statements online and had the bank stamp them after checking authenticity. Can I top up my existing bank statements as long as the stamp of the latest one is recent and within 28 days?

Thank you.

taffet87
Pakistan

Re: Rejection letter - advice required

Post by taffet87 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:41 pm

IELTS Academic is sufficient for spouse visa BUT the test must be “IELTS for UKVI” not just plain IELTS. There is no real difference except some more security measures. Fee and tests etc are all the same. So you must have mistakenly got your wife to do IELTS Acedkic rather than IELTS for UKVI Academic. Even IELTS for UKVI General is acceptable

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Rejection letter - advice required

Post by waitingforspouse » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Thank you for that.

Should I only focus on this area ? Should I perhaps bolster other areas of the application or is there no need? I am worried in the event that perhaps other areas were weak but they marked them as satisfactory and may reject second time in another area?
or am i being silly?

thank you.

waitingforspouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

TB test expiring 1 month after application

Post by waitingforspouse » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi guys,
Re-applied for visa after previous rejection on a matter of incorrect document (which we have resolved).
TB test expires 1 month after the application has been made online.

If it expires during the application or before they make the decision, what do I do? my wife is unable to redo the tb test anyway as vfs will have her passport.