ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which form do we use for settlement?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tenuissent
Newly Registered

Which form do we use for settlement?

Post by tenuissent » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:52 pm

November 2009: my daughter-in-law from Thailand entered UK on a spouse visa.

March 2012: she applied for ILR in March 2012, was refused, but was granted Limited Leave to Remain (also referred to as Discretionary Leave to Remain) for three years.

March 2015: she applied for extension of Limited Leave to Remain/Discretionary Leave to Remain using FLR (O) form. She received a three year Residence Permit valid to April 17th 2018.

We have trawled the government websites to find out how she applies for Settlement (ILR) in March/April, but neither SET(M) or SET(O) seems to fully cover her circumstances.

Because her first applications pre-date the changes in 2012, I believe she and my son are not required to have an income of £18,600 (although both working, their income is small). They need to show continuing marriage and the ability to support themselves without recourse to public funds (and they own their home).

Is this correct – and can anyone advise which form to use?

tenuissent
Newly Registered

Re: Which form do we use for settlement?

Post by tenuissent » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:28 am

I believe I posted this query in the wrong section, as I did not realise at first that there is a dedicated ILR section. I apologise, and I hope it is acceptable that I have re-posted it in the ILR section?