ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB Card Stamp4EUFam expired since 2013

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

German82
Newly Registered

GNIB Card Stamp4EUFam expired since 2013

Post by German82 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:16 am

Hey all,

me and my wife just discovered that her GNIB Card Stamp4EUFam is expired since 2013, as we wanted to travel to the UK and therefore checked our passports etc.

She is a Brazilian national and is married to me, a German national. We are living in Ireland since 2011 and are married since 2008. We simply forgot about renewing the card as we never needed it since she got it the first time.

We googled and found some sources that say something about a criminal offence with a 3000€ fine and 12 month in prison. Is this true ? And will the Imigration office make a huge fuzz about this ? Or is this simple a case of going there and just tell them how it went and renew the card ?

Thanks in advance for any advice

German82

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Re: GNIB Card Stamp4EUFam expired since 2013

Post by Zoot7 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:20 pm

How about the stamp in your wife's passport? It it still valid? The GNIB card will just have the same dates as the stamp in passport.

If it's expired since 2013 that would mean she has been staying here illegally for 4 years. However if you (as an EU citizen) are still living and working in Ireland then you still fulfill the EU treaty rights and are entitled to have her live with you in Ireland. But you are supposed to register with the GNIB under Irish law..

I think you'd best seek out legal advice on what to do.

Snowyy_93
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Snowyy_93 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:32 am

Any update on this, in a similar situation myself

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:04 pm

i guess for some reason she did not apply for the irish citizenship, it would turn out right away that your missing the permanent resident card.
For Brazilian citizens there is no need for visa as a tourist in the eu, that is another reason why IO never asked for the GNIB card.
She has to apply for the permanent resident card under EUTR, you have to prove that for all those years you were here with here, and you were working studying/self sufficiency, and you have to explain this situation, than hopefully she will be granted the permanent card, than she can apply for irish citizenship (strongly recommended if you want to live in Europe longterm).