ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for independent relative as son- any opinion/advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dime6
Newly Registered

applying for independent relative as son- any opinion/advice

Post by dime6 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:53 pm

my name is vince 29 yr old male (single)from philippines and I'm on a family tourist visa and will expire by last week of april. Long time ago since I was young my mom(single) and 1 older brother we used to live together in 1 house in our country helping together, then my brother(nurse) with his family migrate in uk and now they have the british citizenship.Then my mother married to an english man that she met in the uk wen she visit my bro,and now hav the permanent resident. so I'm d only one left in the Philippines and now visiting them both here in the uk. We talk about how to get me and will try the 'dependent relative as son'bec i'm over 18 livin alone,but i'm not disabled I can work but very hard for me bec. I'm alone depressed, cannot eat,concentrate etc. bec. mom was in and out of the hospital here in the uk. from her heart palpitation. The reason I/we like to apply bec. I'm d last family member livin alone in my country(Phil) and we like to live/stay together in the U.K. and my step dad (english man) will be the one who will sponsor me as dependent relative once I get back in my country, they hav support me financially (almost 2 years time)

So any opinions/advice? am I gonna be successfull as dependent relative as son over 18?

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:07 pm

no way

this is problem in british migration system
unlike audtralian system

u can come here as student / try luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:54 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am

any other opinions/advice outhere?

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:05 am

Unfortunately I don't think it would be successful. You would be too old to be classified as 'dependent' - you are old enough to live an independent live and marry and have a family of your own, and you don't have any circumstances that would be classified as 'exceptional'.

Your best options are employment visas or a student visa.

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:13 am

thx 4 d advice, any other opinions/advice outhere?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:30 am

dime6 wrote:thx 4 d advice, any other opinions/advice outhere?
Only as above, you're too old to be a dependant.

How about a work permit or HSMP?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:37 am

but dependent relative is for 19 - 64 yrs old right?

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:54 am

dime6 wrote:but dependent relative is for 19 - 64 yrs old right?
Not exactly. A dependent can be a child, sibling, parent or grandparent. A dependent child is usually under 18, and in some compassionate circumstances over 18 - for example, a son or daughter who studied abroad but still relies on his or her parents if s/he has no home of his/her own (due to being a temporary resident for study purposes) and depends on the parent/s financially.

Older relatives are parents or grandparents, and in exceptionally compassionate circumstances, a sibling who is ill, disabled or unable to support him or herself. This sibling usually won't be able to work and so needs support from their siblings.

Since you are not a student in a foreign country (for example) and are able to support yourself (no illness or disability), I cannot see how you would qualify.

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:14 am

any other opinions/advice outhere? any alternative way for my situation?

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:36 am

dime6 wrote:any other opinions/advice outhere? any alternative way for my situation?
What nationality is your step-father? Other than British?

There isn't any alternative way? Are you qualified like your brother?? Or wishing to study? Why not study at college for a degree? They might be able to sponsor you...

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:42 am

step dad-natural born british , I'm an IT bachelor grad, is it possible to study? wot course can u recommend for me to take up? an aceptable course so they can be grant me a student visa. The question will be there's a lot of school and courses in my country, so wot course in the uk acceptable for me to apply?

joe777

Post by joe777 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:04 pm

seeing you're over 18, it would be near impossible. and if you have any uncles or aunts or other relatives in the phils you really have no chance.

I got my stepson from the phils just b4 he was 18 as a dependant, but by the time my wife could apply for ILR he was over 18. but he also got ILR with my wife, and he had only been in the UK 6 months.

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:44 pm

I have 1 aunt and 1 uncle on my mother side, w/c is livin far away and no communication at all, and they r waitin for there visa in the U.S. maybe 1-3 yrs time they will migrate in the U.S. there bro in the U.S. was d 1 hu file petition 20 yrs ago..So at that time I'm d only 1 alone livin alone... no close relatives at all

dime6
Newly Registered

Post by dime6 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:40 pm

any other opinions/advice outhere?