ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Barmo
Newly Registered
Mood:
Morocco

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Barmo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Visa Granted alhamdulilah I done everything all documentation etc,
Application Category: Spouse None Priority
Application Submitted Online: 18-4-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): rabat Morocco
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On: 30-4-2017
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On: 29-11-2017
Decision Made (As per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office): 19-11-17
Contacted For Collection: 30-12-17
Visa granted 29-11-17. 29-12-17
good luck everyone

Christ-Believer
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Christ-Believer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Ace87 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:13 pm
Christ-Believer wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:12 pm
My wife visa has been approved and is a Multiple-entry, Spouse/Civil Partnership type visa.

She landed in the UK 4 weeks ago and her visa has now expired.

Is she allowed to travel abroad for 2 weeks without restrictions at the UK border when she returns or will she need to apply for a new visa?

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe she can, our visa is multiple entry, we can in and out of the country. Her vignette visa expired in 1month but not her BRP if you already collected it.
That's expired in 2years and a half.
I just got my visa anyway.
So as long as she has her Biometric resident permit (and it's in date) she can travel abroad?

loveindia
Newly Registered
India

Post by loveindia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 am

Hi guys, can anyone write about September visa application progress. I have applied in 25/09/2017 and it says awaiting decision. Please update if anyone is from September. The wait is long and painful. I have applied standard application from Delhi. Called UKVI YESTERDAY and she said wait until 3 month is completed and than escalate . It’s useless thing to do.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:41 pm

loveindia wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 am
Hi guys, can anyone write about September visa application progress. I have applied in 25/09/2017 and it says awaiting decision. Please update if anyone is from September. The wait is long and painful. I have applied standard application from Delhi. Called UKVI YESTERDAY and she said wait until 3 month is completed and than escalate . It’s useless thing to do.
Hi

My fiancé applied on 26th September, from Albania we are still waiting, 12 weeks will be 21st December, not sure if he is going to be home for Christmas 🙁 although visa processing website states 70% applications decided in 60 days

wellwisher1928
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by wellwisher1928 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:20 pm

loveindia wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 am
Hi appiled on 5th oct. still no contact or update. I try to track but not recognised application number. I beleive if status coming awaiting decision them might be its in hand of case worker who going to be make decission soon. Good luck.

sassceeme
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sassceeme » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Ace87 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:54 am
Ith wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:30 am
Ace87 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:21 am
FINAL UPDATE!!!!!???
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤗🤗🤗
I don't know how to express my feelings right now.
VISA GRANTED!!!!!🤗🤗🤗🤗 Finally I'll be going to be with my Honey bunch.

Biometric and passport submitted on 15 May 2017
Received 31 Oct email
Escalated twice.
And finally in almost 7months I got good news.
Vignette: Dec.7 to Jan.6 2018

Good luck to those still waiting.
Don't lose hope guys good news will come.
Wow did u received not straightforward email?

Yes I got not straight forwarded email twice actually.
But the long wait worth it..🤗🤗🤗
After the escalation and the 2 Not straightforward emails did they ever contact the employer or sponser? I also received 2 not straightforward emails and had my case escalated. Just today I received a email saying a decision has been made. So nervous right now !!!

bittu11
Mood:
India

Post by bittu11 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Hello Everyone!!
Final Update!!!!
Country applying from: India Ahmadabad
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Settlement
Priority/Non-Priority: Priority
Date biometrics taken: 15th November 2017
Date documents forward to UKVI: 17th November 2017
Date documentation was received by UKVI: I think 18 November (royal mail track)
Email confirmation of supporting documents received in Sheffield: Never received
Supporting Documents Returned: 5th December
Decision made email: -Received a call from VFS on 4th December for collection
Date your visa was received: 30TH November
Visa Granted!!!

This was my second application as I was refused in Oct this year but its very quick turnaround. I made fresh application and received visa in 11 working days. To all of you who are waiting dont loose hope its a long and painful wait but its totally worth in the end.

ZeeshN
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ZeeshN » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi guys,

I applied towards the end of august and still have had no reply yet. Feeling very upset and frustrated at the moment as we have a little daughter who is 18 months old; we are both missing out on so much with her because I am always at work and my husband is in Pakistan.

Online application: 18/08/17
Biometrics: 24/08/17
Documents sent: 01/09/17
Documents have not been sent back yet.

09/11/17 I received two emails from them saying that my case is not straight forward and another one that they haven't received my documents and to send them within 10days; conveniently a week before it marked 3months. I was going back and forth with the call centre and royal mail to find out where my documents went. I finally received a reply from them to say they have got my documents and they are attached to my application.

It is now December and I haven't heard anything. Starting to lose hope. I know people have been waiting for longer but it is extremely hard with a young child. I really struggle every day and I miss my husband. The last time I saw him was November last year which was also the first time he saw our daughter (when she was 6months old)- first and last time he saw her.

zaibsan786
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by zaibsan786 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:51 am

waiting since January!! :evil: :( :oops:

Application Category: Spouse (husband)
Application Submitted Online: 03/01/2017 (solicitor)
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Mirpur, AJK
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date): 09/01/2017
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 16/01/2017
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On :23/01/2017
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): 06/02/2017

received not straight forward email in march 2017
hold email in march too

reason for hold due to not meeting the minimum threshold and have a child. while the visa was placed on hold my wage increased up and above the threshold.
received 31st oct email
also received email in oct asking for last 6months wage slips and bank statement ever since my wage increased.
I rang numerous times, at first they wouldn't tell me when the decision was made, then a lady told me that a decision was made on the 09/11/2017 and my husband should have got a call on the 18th nov, so this case has now been escalated,
nearly a month since a decisoj has been made and I have been waiting since JANUARY!! its nearly a year!! this is disgusting as we have a daughter!!!!!!

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : none
Contacted For Collection : not yet
Collection Made : 09/11/2017
Decision Of Application :

Validity Of Visa:

in this scenarios what would be the most likely outcome? :

sassceeme
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sassceeme » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:15 pm

Barmo wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:13 pm
Visa Granted alhamdulilah I done everything all documentation etc,
Application Category: Spouse None Priority
Application Submitted Online: 18-4-2017
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): rabat Morocco
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On: 30-4-2017
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On: 29-11-2017
Decision Made (As per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office): 19-11-17
Contacted For Collection: 30-12-17
Visa granted 29-11-17. 29-12-17
good luck everyone
Can you share the format of what the email that you received from UKVI telling you that your via application had been decided? Did it have a Ref number on it or just your GWF number? I just received my decision made email and it said I could track my documents via the courier service I hired and Im desperate to know if there are any clues in the decision made email as to weather its an approval?

sassceeme
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sassceeme » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:07 pm

anna888 wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:09 am
Most of the people here have applied for a spouse visa and their applications are on hold. I've also waited beyond 60 days now, but I'm applying for a fiancée visa. Anyone here on the same boat?
I'm at around day 80 and just received a "decision made" email, excited, nervous, scared is how Im feeling right now. I had my case escalated and had received the "case not straightforward" email twice. The decision email came just days after the escalation so that ha me really worried.

Ace87
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Ace87 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Christ-Believer wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:12 pm
Ace87 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:13 pm
Christ-Believer wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:12 pm
My wife visa has been approved and is a Multiple-entry, Spouse/Civil Partnership type visa.

She landed in the UK 4 weeks ago and her visa has now expired.

Is she allowed to travel abroad for 2 weeks without restrictions at the UK border when she returns or will she need to apply for a new visa?

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe she can, our visa is multiple entry, we can in and out of the country. Her vignette visa expired in 1month but not her BRP if you already collected it.
That's expired in 2years and a half.
I just got my visa anyway.
So as long as she has her Biometric resident permit (and it's in date) she can travel abroad?

As long as you apply her multiple entry YES she can travel anytime. If not she stay in England untill visa expired and apply new one.

Mine is multiple entry so I believe I can travel anytime. But for now going to be with my honey bunch is priority. 😋😊😊😂😂

Ace87
Mood:
Philippines

Post by Ace87 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:36 pm

sassceeme wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:57 pm
Ace87 wrote:
Ith wrote:
Ace87 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:21 am
FINAL UPDATE!!!!!???
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤗🤗🤗
I don't know how to express my feelings right now.
VISA GRANTED!!!!!🤗🤗🤗🤗 Finally I'll be going to be with my Honey bunch.

Biometric and passport submitted on 15 May 2017
Received 31 Oct email
Escalated twice.
And finally in almost 7months I got good news.
Vignette: Dec.7 to Jan.6 2018

Good luck to those still waiting.
Don't lose hope guys good news will come.

After the escalation and the 2 Not straightforward emails did they ever contact the employer or sponser? I also received 2 not straightforward emails and had my case escalated. Just today I received a email saying a decision has been made. So nervous right now !!!

My Honey bunch only send his prof that he can support me. By sending them his personal bank statement and his own house. So no. He did not receive any call or me or his employer.

We just give what they ask for, prof of our relationship, like old and new photos, tickets that we travel together and that we live together for years and prof that he can support me, friends support ect ect.

I start to wonder maybe they will refuse me for taking so long to decide my application if am refuse or granted. And losing hope. But I always keep on mine that we give everything they ask and keep praying. And here I am celebrating for being granted to be with my other half.

So don't lost hope.

sassceeme
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sassceeme » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:44 pm

Ace87 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:36 pm
sassceeme wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:57 pm
Ace87 wrote:
Ith wrote:

My Honey bunch only send his prof that he can support me. By sending them his personal bank statement and his own house. So no. He did not receive any call or me or his employer.

We just give what they ask for, prof of our relationship, like old and new photos, tickets that we travel together and that we live together for years and prof that he can support me, friends support ect ect.

I start to wonder maybe they will refuse me for taking so long to decide my application if am refuse or granted. And losing hope. But I always keep on mine that we give everything they ask and keep praying. And here I am celebrating for being granted to be with my other half.

So don't lost hope.
We sent all the required paperwork, lot of pics and chat, call logs, all financial documents, letters from friends, family etc, home inspection report from the council office so just keeping my fingers crossed that I get an approval so I can be back for the holidays or just after. We have had to reschedule of wedding ceremony once already and have had to cancel our honeymoon to Malta due to not knowing if I would be back in time. But just being back with my fiancee is all I need. Congrats to you and hoping everyone gets to be backed with their loved ones very soon.

zaibsan786
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by zaibsan786 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:09 pm

FINAL UPDATE
called for collection:06/12/17
collection made: 07/12/17
visa valid from 06/12/17

finally!!! Alhamdullilah!!!! after nearly a year!!!!!!!!!!!
surely after hardship comes ease!! I pray that everyone of you guys get your visa granted!!!! :lol:

[quote=zaibsan786 post_id=1570338 time=1512557517 user_id=184625]
waiting since January!! :evil: :( :oops:

Application Category: Spouse (husband)
Application Submitted Online: 03/01/2017 (solicitor)
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Location): Mirpur, AJK
Biometrics & Passport Submission (Date): 09/01/2017
Supporting Documents Sent To Sheffield On : 16/01/2017
Supporting Documents Received Back From Sheffield On :23/01/2017
Sponsor Contacted By UKVI (if applicable): 06/02/2017

received not straight forward email in march 2017
hold email in march too

reason for hold due to not meeting the minimum threshold and have a child. while the visa was placed on hold my wage increased up and above the threshold.
received 31st oct email
also received email in oct asking for last 6months wage slips and bank statement ever since my wage increased.
I rang numerous times, at first they wouldn't tell me when the decision was made, then a lady told me that a decision was made on the 09/11/2017 and my husband should have got a call on the 18th nov, so this case has now been escalated,
nearly a month since a decisoj has been made and I have been waiting since JANUARY!! its nearly a year!! this is disgusting as we have a daughter!!!!!!

Decision Made (As Per Covering Letter Issued By Home Office) : none
Contacted For Collection : 06/12/2017
Collection Made : 07/12/2017
Decision Of Application : 06/12/2017

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

iked
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by iked » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi guys,I need your help..i applied for my spouse visa on the 3rd of may 2017.long story short called ho mid November and I was told my case was decided on the 15th of November and my supporting documents were returned/received on the 20th of November to sponsors(wife) in UK but till date I have not gotten my passport or know if granted or not..no decision made email or call yet,I still went to Tls office for collection but was told my passport is not ready yet.i don't know what to do now,called ho several times still no useful information...

asadq7
Newly Registered

Post by asadq7 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 am

CONTACTED FOR PASSPORT COLLECTION THIS MORNING
PASSPORT COLLECTED VISA GRANTED :mrgreen:
asadq7 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:11 pm
Application submitted & biometrics enrolled at : 15th Sept 2017 ISLAMABAD NON PRIORITY
Application forwarded to British High Commission on : 18th Sept 2017
Application under process at British High Commission on :25th Sept 2017

Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on : 22nd Sept 2017
Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on : N/A
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable) N/A

Contacted with 'decision made' : N/A
Contacted for Collection :N/A
Collection made :N/A
Decision of Application : N/A
Emailed Homeoffice on 22/11/2017 For an update and got this from email (ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com)
Thank you for your email enquiry.

The status of the application is currently showing as "Awaiting A Decision".

This means it is still being processed.

Please contact again at anytime for any further update but you will get an email to say

the decision has been made.

After the email it can take up to 10 working days for the documents.

I hope this information helps.

Kind Regards
Received today 24/11/2017 from email (VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk )
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

sassceeme
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sassceeme » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:09 pm

asadq7 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 am
PASSPORT COLLECTED VISA GRANTED :mrgreen:
asadq7 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:11 pm
Application submitted & biometrics enrolled at : 15th Sept 2017 ISLAMABAD NON PRIORITY
Application forwarded to British High Commission on : 18th Sept 2017
Application under process at British High Commission on :25th Sept 2017

Supporting documents sent to Sheffield on : 22nd Sept 2017
Supporting documents received back from Sheffield on : N/A
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable) N/A

Contacted with 'decision made' : N/A
Contacted for Collection :N/A
Collection made :N/A
Decision of Application : N/A
Emailed Homeoffice on 22/11/2017 For an update and got this from email (ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com)
Thank you for your email enquiry.

The status of the application is currently showing as "Awaiting A Decision".

This means it is still being processed.

Please contact again at anytime for any further update but you will get an email to say

the decision has been made.

After the email it can take up to 10 working days for the documents.

I hope this information helps.

Kind Regards
Received today 24/11/2017 from email (VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk )
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre
Congrats to you !!! I get my application package back today, so nervous I can't even eat.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:25 pm

congratulations!!!

[quote=asadq7 post_id=1571315 time=1512732255 user_id=159927]
PASSPORT COLLECTED VISA GRANTED

davemcmillan
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by davemcmillan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:24 am

Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience following up about a nationality application after 5 months? I know they say you should / can only contact after 6 months, but thought I'd ask anyway. A lot of people seem to have had their decision after only 3 months, and I did move house during my application, so wondering if I can follow up at this point. Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:37 am

davemcmillan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:24 am
Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience following up about a nationality application after 5 months? I know they say you should / can only contact after 6 months, but thought I'd ask anyway. A lot of people seem to have had their decision after only 3 months, and I did move house during my application, so wondering if I can follow up at this point. Cheers
Tbis topic is for UK Spouse visa applications from outside the UK and not for citizenship applications. There is a dedicated sub forum and topic for citizenship applications, please post there.

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... -1700.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

loveindia
Newly Registered
India

Post by loveindia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:11 am

Hi friends, I applied Spause visa non priority on 25/09/17 from Delhi. Yesterday I got email from UKVI to scan Original Degree certificate that was not submitted with NARIC CERTIFICATE. I submitted it within an hour. Will they delay my case because they asked additional stuff at this stage? Is anyone is in similar situation like mine? This wait is just terrible!

ZeeshN
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ZeeshN » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:55 pm

I called UKVI today and they told me that a decision has been made on our case 4 days ago. I wonder how long we'll have to wait to receive the text message or email to pick the passport up....I am praying that I won't have to wait a month or more to receive such response from them...Please help me Lord :(

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 am

Hi all, I called UKVI yesterday, They advised my 60th working day is 22nd December and if I dont have a decision by then i should call after the Christmas period to escalate the case, does anyone know what escalating it involves?

I did ask them on the phone but the impression I got from them was they go and tell decision making team hurry up and thats it ... not that I assume any of them take any notice.

so now I face being on my own for Christmas :(

Does anyone know if a decision is made how long before you can pick it up?

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 am

Also, silly question I know

as we have opted for a non priority route, is it too late for me to chose a priority option?