ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of Apology - Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

st_tdegang
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Letter of Apology - Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa Extension

Post by st_tdegang » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 am

Hi all,

I'm going to send in my application for the T1GE extension soon and I just realised that I forgot to register my current BRP (T1GE 1st year) with the police when I got it December last year. I've drafted a letter of apology and would appreciate some opinions on improvements here.

Please note that my visa status was leave to remain and I'm applying to extend within the UK.

Dear Home office,

I would like to sincerely apologise for having not registered my previous Biometric Residence Permit (Leave to Remain Tier 1 GR Entrepreneur) with my local police. I take the full responsibility and genuinely regret that I did not make it a priority while preparing to set up my business during December 2016.

I fully understand the importance of complying with all the immigration rules and I will set up an appointment with the police to update my new address and BRP immediately once the visa is granted.

Kind Regards,

Thanks for your generous help in advance!

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Letter of Apology - Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa Extension

Post by marcnath » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:00 am

st_tdegang wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 am
Hi all,

I'm going to send in my application for the T1GE extension soon and I just realised that I forgot to register my current BRP (T1GE 1st year) with the police when I got it December last year. I've drafted a letter of apology and would appreciate some opinions on improvements here.

Please note that my visa status was leave to remain and I'm applying to extend within the UK.

Dear Home office,

I would like to sincerely apologise for having not registered my previous Biometric Residence Permit (Leave to Remain Tier 1 GR Entrepreneur) with my local police. I take the full responsibility and genuinely regret that I did not make it a priority while preparing to set up my business during December 2016.

I fully understand the importance of complying with all the immigration rules and I will set up an appointment with the police to update my new address and BRP immediately once the visa is granted.

Kind Regards,

Were you asked to register with the police when you were granted the visa ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Kai2015
Newly Registered

Post by Kai2015 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:14 am

In my opinion, just go register it now before you submit your application. This way you don't have to send an apology letter.

I worry that this letter would cause you serious problems especially if you were specifically required to register with the police. Your application could be refused on this basis, and your letter would be used to back up their refusal decision.

So, don't send the letter, just go down to the police station today and register your BRB.

st_tdegang
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by st_tdegang » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:16 am

marcnath wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:00 am
st_tdegang wrote:
Hi all,

Dear Home office,

Kind Regards,

Yes I believe that was part of the condition of the visa, I saw another post on here saying that for Leave to Remain applications that would be a discretional refusal and will usually be disregarded with an apology letter.

st_tdegang
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by st_tdegang » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:18 am

Kai2015 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:14 am
In my opinion, just go register it now before you submit your application. This way you don't have to send an apology letter.

I worry that this letter would cause you serious problems especially if you were specifically required to register with the police. Your application could be refused on this basis, and your letter would be used to back up their refusal decision.

So, don't send the letter, just go down to the police station today and register your BRB.
Thanks for your reply. Specifically, I think I was required to register within 7 days of obtaining my BRP. If I register now it would be a late registration, do I need to include a apology letter for late registration?

st_tdegang
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by st_tdegang » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:09 am

marcnath wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:00 am
st_tdegang wrote:
Hi all,

Dear Home office,

Kind Regards,

I've found an appointment today and will have my BRP registered today. In that case, should I write a letter apologising for the delay?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:46 am

I strongly suggest against sending such letter which could be viewed as admission of guilt and breaking the rules. Just register and do not send such letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

st_tdegang
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by st_tdegang » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:00 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:46 am
I strongly suggest against sending such letter which could be viewed as admission to guilt and breaking the rules. Just register and do not send such letter
Thanks very much for your suggestion. I have booked to register today. However, it would be a very late update. Should I not include any sort of cover letter to acknowledge it?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:07 pm

No. You are simply required to register. It will not be a big deal and you should not admit to breaking the rules
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

st_tdegang
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by st_tdegang » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:14 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:07 pm
No. You are simply required to register. It will not be a big deal and you should not admit to breaking the rules
Hi, apologies for being a bit paranoid. The requirement was to register with the police within 7 days of receiving the BRP. Do you think that’s okay?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:59 pm

I repeat again, just register !!

PeterLove2008

Post by PeterLove2008 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Not a perfect example, BUT When you had a car accident in the middle of the road, you don’t stop there and apologise to everyone that passes by, only to show what a polite person you are. You just remove yourself to road side ASAP, SAFELY and QUIETLY.

mig2015

Post by mig2015 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:32 pm

what zimba advised sounds the best thing to do for the moment to be honest.

PeterLove2008 it's a good example though.

QSDanik
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by QSDanik » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:26 pm

Does every one needed to register BRP in initial leave?
I didnt know this , and have never registered, i have already applied extention 2 week before.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:31 pm

QSDanik wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:26 pm
Does every one needed to register BRP in initial leave?
I didnt know this , and have never registered, i have already applied extention 2 week before.
No. Only certain nationalities have to do it. If required, this will be stated on your BRP
https://www.gov.uk/register-with-the-po ... o-register

QSDanik
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by QSDanik » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:37 pm

Thanks Zimba88. i dont think I had read any thing like this on my BRP letter or card. Hoping for good. Thanks again.

st_tdegang
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by st_tdegang » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 am

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I've updated my police registration yesterday and will send out my application today. Hope for the best.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:44 am

st_tdegang wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:14 pm
zimba88 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:07 pm
Hi, apologies for being a bit paranoid. The requirement was to register with the police within 7 days of receiving the BRP. Do you think that’s okay?
Howelse do you want it said. Just register and go and submit your application. Apology letter is not necessary. It will be viewed as admittance of guilt.
Bizman

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:57 am

The OP has registered now and submitting application today. No further comments required. Topic locked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.