ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

investment fund question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amadeus53
Newly Registered

investment fund question

Post by amadeus53 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:06 am

I need to know that to transfer the 200k investment into uk is it necessary to transfer the funds from same bank account which was shown in the application or it can be transferred from some other account or money exchange companies if the investment is via third party route.

The reason is that bank transfer conversions rates are bad and high, while money changers can transfer for less price.

Also once its transferred to my personal account is it possible to get some investment funds added via cash to account rather then wire transfer from outside UK to save fund transfer costs as me and my family can take out the funds form local bank and carry them as cash and then deposit into my uk personal bank account which can then be transferred to company account from my personal account.

Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: investment fund question

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 am

amadeus53 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:06 am
I need to know that to transfer the 200k investment into uk is it necessary to transfer the funds from same bank account which was shown in the application or it can be transferred from some other account or money exchange companies if the investment is via third party route.
No. It does not have to be from the same bank/account.
amadeus53 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:06 am
Also once its transferred to my personal account is it possible to get some investment funds added via cash to account rather then wire transfer from outside UK to save fund transfer costs as me and my family can take out the funds form local bank and carry them as cash and then deposit into my uk personal bank account which can then be transferred to company account from my personal account.
Yes. The only evidence needed is transfer from your personal account to business account.
How the money comes into your personal bank account has no impact on the award of points for investment
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

amadeus53
Newly Registered

Post by amadeus53 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:17 am

Thanks buddy...!

amadeus53
Newly Registered

Post by amadeus53 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:20 am

oh and forgot to ask one more thing.

Do the payments made into personal accounts are taxed? I mean do they need any documents to show that these funds are transferred from outside or it can create taxation issues if i am missing something?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:25 am

amadeus53 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:20 am

Do the payments made into personal accounts are taxed? I mean do they need any documents to show that these funds are transferred from outside or it can create taxation issues if i am missing something?
This has nothing to do with immigration and you should contact a tax advisor.

There are various tax implications in general for money brought into the UK
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:20 am

amadeus53 wrote:

Investment money is not taxed in the UK. However, the source of the money must be clean orelse it can be siezed. Also be careful to pay cash into your personal account it could give you serious problem. Your account could be blocked and closed . You are not allowed to pay more than 5000 pounds in a month into your account. If its more at any given month, anti fraud and money laundering team of the bank will block the account. but if you transfer from account to account even the whole 200k, there should not be any issues.
Bizman

amadeus53
Newly Registered

Post by amadeus53 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:41 pm

bizman wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:20 am
amadeus53 wrote:

Investment money is not taxed in the UK. However, the source of the money must be clean orelse it can be siezed. Also be careful to pay cash into your personal account it could give you serious problem. Your account could be blocked and closed . You are not allowed to pay more than 5000 pounds in a month into your account. If its more at any given month, anti fraud and money laundering team of the bank will block the account. but if you transfer from account to account even the whole 200k, there should not be any issues.
Such a great reply, thanks a lot!!