ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 And EEA1 supporting documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KID1413
Taiwan

EEA2 And EEA1 supporting documents

Post by KID1413 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 am

Hey guys!

I am about to apply for registration certificate as qualified person (student) and my spouse as Non EEA. We are using the online application form and I was just wondering (since it isn't mention anywhere in the form) if we should attach photos, chat logs, "invitation letter" to prove our relationship. I've seen many people doing it even when it's not required for EEA family permit.

We will also be attaching my spouses paychecks, bank statements for and partial job contract. I will be providing bank statements, tenancy agreement (from 3 years ago and the different places we lived around London), university letter, UK marriage certificate (original), birth certificates from both of us and marriage certificate form my EEA country in English (to confirm from my country that it has been accepted). Should we also attach an article 10 residence card from EEA country, NHS letter, utilities bills?

Many thanks!

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EEA2 And EEA1 supporting documents

Post by dan1988uk » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:51 am

According to Home Office guidelines they require 6 utility bills from at least 4 different sources: we attached gas&electricity bill (wife’s name) internet bill (my name), council tax (my name), tenancy agreement (both names), bank statements of personal accounts and joint account, pictures of the wedding and of our life together (even a picture of us outside our home in the UK with door open to let us know that we were telling the truth about where we are living.

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:07 am

dan1988uk wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:51 am
According to Home Office guidelines they require 6 utility bills from at least 4 different sources: we attached gas&electricity bill (wife’s name) internet bill (my name), council tax (my name), tenancy agreement (both names), bank statements of personal accounts and joint account, pictures of the wedding and of our life together (even a picture of us outside our home in the UK with door open to let us know that we were telling the truth about where we are living.
Thanks for the reply!

Where does it say you need at least 4 different sources?

This is what the online application says:

Proof of relationship to your partner - for example, marriage or civil partnership certificates
Proof of living with your partner - for example, utility bills, mortgage or tenancy agreements, and NHS letters showing you and your partner live at the same address

We are renting the apartment so the gas and bills are named in our housemate's name, the internet bill is on my name, the council tax (since we have recently moved in here) has not been issued and it's under the current housemate name. We do have personal and joint account bank statements.

Regarding pictures- none of that it's actually written there by the Home Office but we can certainly provide all of that if necessary. Since we are using the European Passport Return Service, should we just print all of them in a word document?

Thank!

Uploaded the HO online application for supporting documents here:

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:42 pm

3 different sources, sorry.

Picture are not strictly requested but attach them please, they make your relationship VISIBLE and TRUSTABLE. I didn't use the European Passport Return Service, we just sent everything by post.

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:52 pm

dan1988uk wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:42 pm

3 different sources, sorry.

Picture are not strictly requested but attach them please, they make your relationship VISIBLE and TRUSTABLE. I didn't use the European Passport Return Service, we just sent everything by post.
Thanks Dan, that was very useful.

From which source did you take that? Because I also completed the offline version of the EEA1 and EEA2 cards and nowhere in the guidelines said that.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:07 pm

On the gov.uk page, if you search EEA2 there is the pdf to download and just below the guidance notes.