ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance: Residence Permit Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Comprehensive Sickness Insurance: Residence Permit Application

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:14 pm

ribena wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:58 am
Not to confuse further.. but from my previous experience was I* did not submit any CSI when I was applying for RC back in 2009. And CSI was not required when I applied for RoR in 2011/12 (on the basis I was working full time - I was told this by my solicitor)

* I am Non-EEA national still working full time.
Hi, I think at that time (not 100% certain), CSI was only required for the EEA sponsor and not the family member.

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tmonaghan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:28 am

ribena wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:58 am
Not to confuse further.. but from my previous experience was I* did not submit any CSI when I was applying for RC back in 2009. And CSI was not required when I applied for RoR in 2011/12 (on the basis I was working full time - I was told this by my solicitor)

* I am Non-EEA national still working full time.
Not a single post or website refers to the obligations of a NON-EU Citizen to hold a CSI whilst working full time and paying their taxes in the UK. I wished you could raise this with your solicitor if still available. It's always in your best interest to know what alternative measure can be used for your existing situation.

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 am

Guys,

Thank you very much for all this insightful discussion, and especially tmonaghan for lodging that inquiry.

Nevertheless, since we are not sure about this and CSI is only "£30" a month per person, I decided to apply for it. Once we are cleared and my partner can get the residence card, I will cancel her subscription but keep mines.

BTW and just to leave this for future references.

I have consulted with many health and insurance consultants who have been helping EEA people to get their insurance.

Apparently the requirements for Home Office are:

inpatient treatment: £30,000 (minimun)
Outpatient treatment: £1,000 (minimum) standard coverage (no need for extra)
Excess: £250 (can't go higher than that)

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tmonaghan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 am

KID1413 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 am

Nevertheless, since we are not sure about this and CSI is only "£30" a month per person, I decided to apply for it. Once we are cleared and my partner can get the residence card, I will cancel her subscription but keep mines.
A CSI costing you £30 a month? I have been paying for the CSI of my husband (EU Citizen) for nearly a year costing us £96 a month... It will end in February 2018 because he has been working therefore exercising his Treaty Rights hence no need for a CSI any more because he is paying taxes etc...

I'll read carefully what is the cover for £30... Not much really...

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 am

tmonaghan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 am
KID1413 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 am

A CSI costing you £30 a month? I have been paying for the CSI of my husband (EU Citizen) for nearly a year costing us £96 a month... It will end in February 2018 because he has been working therefore exercising his Treaty Rights hence no need for a CSI any more because he is paying taxes etc...

I'll read carefully what is the cover for £30... Not much really...
Well, I did a lot of research and I can assure you that my health insurance complies with what HO is asking.

The cheapest options that will get you that are: WPA Premier and April UK Inspire.

If you actually go with the traditional or big ones (Axa PPP, BUPA, etc) will cost you as much as what you are quoting (£100) but the middle size ones will do exactly the same thing. So for people who just want to get the CSI and don't claim (use it) then these two options are the cheapest ones available that will be enough for HO requirements.

The £30 has a 25% discount for the first year... there's cheaper options like WPA Basic but that won't be "comprehensive" so you need at least the Premier option.

tmonaghan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tmonaghan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 am

[/quote]

Well, I did a lot of research and I can assure you that my health insurance complies with what HO is asking.

The cheapest options that will get you that are: WPA Premier and April UK Inspire.

If you actually go with the traditional or big ones (Axa PPP, BUPA, etc) will cost you as much as what you are quoting (£100) but the middle size ones will do exactly the same thing. So for people who just want to get the CSI and don't claim (use it) then these two options are the cheapest ones available that will be enough for HO requirements.

The £30 has a 25% discount for the first year... there's cheaper options like WPA Basic but that won't be "comprehensive" so you need at least the Premier option.
[/quote]

Well, if you are happy with it that's cool... However as in our case we signed for a twelve month contract...

KID1413
Taiwan

Post by KID1413 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:38 pm

tmonaghan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 am

[/quote]

Well, if you are happy with it that's cool... However as in our case we signed for a twelve month contract...
[/quote]

April does not have 12 months contract, you can cancel anytime you want. With WPA you can also cancel anytime, must make sure it's monthly payments and you haven't claim anything.