ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for TIER-2 PBS dependant Set(O) Application Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Prisha
Mood:
India

ILR for Tier -2 dependent absent more than 180 days in a year

Post by Prisha » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:55 am

Hello People,

I am new to this forum and and seeking advice in regarding to my ILR application.

My husband is on PBS Tier- 2 general visa since March-2013. I came to UK on PBS tier-2 dependent on August 2013. We have valid visa til March 2019, as we renewed it in 2016. My husband is eligible for ilr in March 2018. so may questions are:-
1. Can I apply at the same time with my husband in March or I have to wait till august to satisfy the 5 years rule on TIer- 2 dependent visa?

2. I went to India from 10th November 2016 to 4 th July 2017 for maternity reason, so was out of UK for more than 180 days. Is that absence rule affect my ILR application?

3.My daughter who is also on tier-2 dependent visa (Born in India and on Indian Passport) will need ILR first or we can apply directly for British passport for her when either of parent get their ILR Done.

4. If my daughter need ILR then can she apply with my husband if I have to wait till august for my ILR application?

All the expert advises are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Tier -2 dependent absent more than 180 days in a year

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:07 pm

1. Can I apply at the same time with my husband in March or I have to wait till august to satisfy the 5 years rule on TIer- 2 dependent visa?
No you cannot apply for ILR with your husband. Your 5 year residence clock starts from the date you ENTERED the UK.
2. I went to India from 10th November 2016 to 4 th July 2017 for maternity reason, so was out of UK for more than 180 days. Is that absence rule affect my ILR application?
There is NO absence limit for PBS Dependents.
3.My daughter who is also on tier-2 dependent visa (Born in India and on Indian Passport) will need ILR first or we can apply directly for British passport for her when either of parent get their ILR Done.
No, your daughter has no entitlement to register if she was born abroad. She will need ILR. She can only register as British once EITHER parent applies with her or is already British and the other parent holds ILR.
4. If my daughter need ILR then can she apply with my husband if I have to wait till august for my ILR application?
She will qualify for ILR when you do as she follows the same path as you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Thanks CR001 for a prompt and very helpful reply. This clears number of my doubts. :)

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:45 pm

She will qualify for ILR when you do as she follows the same path as you.
Sorry to raise this but one of the friends created this doubt so the question : My daughter is 1 year old (She is born in India in 2017) and traveled last year to UK so does she need to complete 5 years for ILR as well or we can apply for her ILR along with my application in August ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:52 pm

She can apply with you when you apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi all,
With reference to this discussion I have now started my application and I am filling the online form. In that form I have a question under the nationality details sections as below

Your identity card (India)

Do you have a valid national identity card? (Required)
This includes identity cards, issued from non-UK governments. This does not include driving licences. If you have an internal passport, provide the details here.

Can some one please explain me what is this question ? and which details to provide?
Also what is the meaning of internal passport?

Thanks in advance!!

Prisha
Mood:
India

ILR for TIER-2 PBS dependant Set(O) Application Form

Post by Prisha » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi all,
I am filling the online form. In that form I have a question under the nationality details section as below

Your identity card (India)

Do you have a valid national identity card? (Required)
This includes identity cards, issued from non-UK governments. This does not include driving licences. If you have an internal passport, provide the details here.

Can some one please explain me what is this question ? and which details to provide?
Also what is the meaning of internal passport?

Also for proof of cohabitation which documents are required?
Can I submit sky broadband bill, council tax and tenancy agreement? Also how many documents we need to provide?

Please help me with these doubts
Thanks in advance!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for TIER-2 PBS dependant Set(O) Application Form

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Topics Merged. Kindly keep all queries in one thread (this one).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:26 pm

ok. I thought it is related application so created new thread in ILR section but thanks for merging.
Can you please help me to resolve my doubts?

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:42 am

Can someone please help me with this it is really urgent!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:45 am

You don't need the foreign identity card. You only need your passport.

Cohabitation documents for the last 2 years, for every 3 or 4 months from a few different sources in either joint names with your spouse or addressed individually.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:36 am

So should I just say "No" to that question in the form?

In different resources for cohabitaion documents can I include following (As I do not have my name on any of our recent utility bills (like water, electricity, gas) ):
1. council tax letter (joint name)
2. Tenancy agreement (joint name)
3. Sky broadband bill(only my name)
4. My bank statements

just giving these four would be enough?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:38 am

You ideally need at least 6 items spread evenly over the last two years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:43 am

Ok got it. Thank you so much for your reply.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Further regarding my question,
My daughter who is also on tier-2 dependent visa (Born in India and on Indian Passport) will need ILR first or we can apply directly for British passport for her when either of parent get their ILR Done.
the answer was,
No, your daughter has no entitlement to register if she was born abroad. She will need ILR. She can only register as British once EITHER parent applies with her or is already British and the other parent holds ILR.
As I am applying my ILR this month we are rethinking about my daughter's situation. As said above that she can be registered as British once EITHER parent applies with her or is already British and the other parent holds ILR so is it possible for my daughter to switch directly as British citizen from Tier-2 dependent visa and skipping the ILR application. So what if:
1. Me and my daughter apply for British Passport in September 2019 together when my husband will be holding ILR
2. As her tier-2 dependent visa is getting expired in April 2019 can we do another extension for her after April 2019 so that she will have a valid visa till we apply for citizenship in sept 2019.

We are thinking for this route because Tier-2 dependent visa extension is cost effective than ILR fees and ILR is of no use for 1 and half year old anyway except as a step for citizenship.

Can someone help me urgently with the advice please ? Has anyone experienced similar situation ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:31 am

She needs ILR if born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)