ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 3 question please help.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

voh7
Newly Registered

Stamp 3 question please help.

Post by voh7 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:53 pm

Having recieved the rejection of our application for eu1 I have been looking for other methods to get legal status here. I am British my husband is Nigerian and came here as an asylum seeker we have been married for one year. Does anybody know if it is possible to get a GNIB registration card with stamp 3 in this situation as if we could get this we could use this as having legal residence in Ireland and then apply to go to the U.K and be able to get on with our life together instaed of living in limbo.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Laoch na hEireann
Newly Registered

Post by Laoch na hEireann » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:53 pm

If your british and married to a non national then you can live in the UK with out having any prior status in Ireland. Why would you be stopped fom livingin the UK with your husband if your british??

voh7
Newly Registered

Post by voh7 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:31 am

The British government implemented the rule about non nationals requiring to have lived legally in another Eu country before being allowed into the country before Ireland did so in order to go to Englnd my husband needs to have had legal residence in Ireland, or any country which he doesn't have so we cannot go to England.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:46 am

voh7 wrote:The British government implemented the rule about non nationals requiring to have lived legally in another Eu country before being allowed into the country before Ireland did so in order to go to Englnd my husband needs to have had legal residence in Ireland, or any country which he doesn't have so we cannot go to England.
Only if you intend to ultimately apply for residency in the UK in accordance with Directive 2004/38/EC and the Surinder Singh ruling. If you intend to apply for your husband's residency in the UK in accordance with UK national legislation, there is no such requirement for prior EU residency.