ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Allowance for Non UK/EU citizen

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rajans
Newly Registered

Marriage Allowance for Non UK/EU citizen

Post by Rajans » Wed May 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi.

I'm from non EU country and have an indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
I'm a permanent resident here, but not a UK citizen.
My husband is also from non EU country and is having a spouse visa as my husband.

I pass all criteria of Marriage Allowance in order to give a part of my tax allowance to him.
But I was told by HMRC that Marriage Allowance can be applied only by UK and EU citizens.

As far as I checked, I can't find any information about it. (or maybe is it a just common sense?)

So is it true that I cannot apply Marriage Allowance because we are from outside EU?

I appreciate for your advice.

tati*

Re: Marriage Allowance for Non UK/EU citizen

Post by tati* » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Did you find an answer for your question?
Could you apply in the end?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage Allowance for Non UK/EU citizen

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 pm

Rajans wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 6:27 pm
Hi.

I'm from non EU country and have an indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
I'm a permanent resident here, but not a UK citizen.
My husband is also from non EU country and is having a spouse visa as my husband.

I pass all criteria of Marriage Allowance in order to give a part of my tax allowance to him.
But I was told by HMRC that Marriage Allowance can be applied only by UK and EU citizens.

As far as I checked, I can't find any information about it. (or maybe is it a just common sense?)

So is it true that I cannot apply Marriage Allowance because we are from outside EU?

I appreciate for your advice.

I dnt think so...as per my information you can apply as far you are legally residing in UK.

Did you apply ?