ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Unknown2017
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Unknown2017 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi,

My status changed to Decided today 1st of Dec.
Applied on 20th of June.
Hope they will send the letter soon.
Any idea if they will return back my original documents like pay slips n P60 ... Etc or should I ask them to do so?

Best regards

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi ashirjaved

I'm going to apply next week just want to know I travel 2 days Swiss and Italy and 14 days Malaysia so do I need to mention this in set p form ??? Because this is less then 3 month please reply me

And what is the timeline I'm single no dependent I got asylum on fast track 5 years ago

ashirjavedch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ashirjavedch » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:51 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:49 pm
Hi ashirjaved

I'm going to apply next week just want to know I travel 2 days Swiss and Italy and 14 days Malaysia so do I need to mention this in set p form ??? Because this is less then 3 month please reply me

And what is the timeline I'm single no dependent I got asylum on fast track 5 years ago
Hi Zeebro

If the visit is less than 3 months then no need to mention in the FORM. I travelled many times to Germany, Holland, France, Belgium and also Saudi Arabia for 2 weeks but I did not mention. All were stamped in my travel documents.
When You will apply for Citizenship, then you will need to mention all the trips even for 3 days. So please keep your all record.
Thanks.
Ashirjavedch

CKXGP
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by CKXGP » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Hi AsherJavid

first of all, Congratulation To you n your family For ILR, and wish it bring happiness and peace to your life.
AsherJavid could you please let me know what exactly written on the BRP I mean did they mention Refugee or protected status.......

ashirjavedch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ashirjavedch » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:55 pm

CKXGP wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:46 pm
Hi AsherJavid

first of all, Congratulation To you n your family For ILR, and wish it bring happiness and peace to your life.
AsherJavid could you please let me know what exactly written on the BRP I mean did they mention Refugee or protected status.......
Hi CKXGP

Thanks for your wishes.
On BRP now they mention in this way

Refugee Settlement
Indefinite Leave to remain

Thanks
Ashirjavedch

Unknown2017
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Unknown2017 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:22 am

Hi Ashirjavedch,
Congratulations for getting your ILR.
I am waiting my decision papers soon as the status changed to Decided.
Did they send you the original support document you provided when applied?
And is it new that they put refugee on the ILR as I thought it's general ILR and doesn't matter the status.

Again best for you and your family and thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

ashirjavedch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ashirjavedch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:14 pm

Unknown2017 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:22 am
Hi Ashirjavedch,
Congratulations for getting your ILR.
I am waiting my decision papers soon as the status changed to Decided.
Did they send you the original support document you provided when applied?
And is it new that they put refugee on the ILR as I thought it's general ILR and doesn't matter the status.

Again best for you and your family and thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Hi Unknown,
Congratulations on your change of status.
I did not send them such documents because my case was very strong and I believed there was no need to send your pay slips and earnings etc. Everybody knows that it is protected route, so I sent only BRP and Travel Documents. I wrote a paragraph about my current situation in my home country and no change in my circumstances.
They returned me my expired travel documents. In 2014 I applied for travel documents and at that time I submitted my National Passport and it is still in the home office. They do not return the National Passports. You can apply new Travel Documents.

For BRP, you know there is four columns front of BRP, they mention the type of permit as REFUGEE SETTLEMENT and then Remarks as INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN.
It is true because here some institutions ask what type of settlement you have, then it is easy to give proof.
Thanks
Ashirjavedch

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi ashirjaved

U said u wrote colum about situation so tell me my case is very strong do I need again explain them or just fill up form and simply send my documents such a BRP Travel doc determination letter etc

My circumstances is same when I applied 5 years ago so do I need colum as wel ??

Umerali190
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Umerali190 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:36 am

ashirjavedch wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:46 pm
Umerali190 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:10 pm
Hi ashir thanks for replying me I missed Royal Mail delivery today And it’s a letter apparently however I ll will find out tomorrow morning and I also want to apply for travel document do you how long does it take for first timer??
Hi Umarali

Good that you will get your decision and BRP soon.
Last time I applied Travel Document in 2014. I got new Travel Document in 5 weeks and I applied for my family separately and they got in 4 weeks.
This time I applied online and all together with my family.
Home Office standard time is 14 weeks but usually, the people get in 6 to 8 weeks. It also depends on the load on the home office. In summer they take much time because the people apply travel documents to avail summer vacations and also the home office staff goes on holidays.
You will see that all decisions are quick in winter. However, it is my thinking, not the rule.
Thanks
Ashirjavedch
Hi ashi! I received all my documents approval letter and brp on 1st December both has dated 27th November here’s my time line for all the newbies I applied on 22nd June confirmation letter received on 27th June never ever received an email.once again thanks a lot ashir for your kind reply god bless you

Unknown2017
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Unknown2017 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 am

Hi all,
Finally my BRP been sent and no more emails this month.
Best for you all, as it sounds like it's not that complicated to get your ILR, it's just about the delay that is frustrating, you just need to relax and wait till the 6th month, by checking your status on gov.uk alongside.

Thanks Ashir for your full detailed reply and hope getting your citizenship soon as well.
Best for you all.

Regards

nervcc
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nervcc » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi all

Which countries are you from ?
Any updates from Zimbabwe applicants ?
Thanks

Godwithus1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Godwithus1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Greetings everyone!
1st time to participate on this thread. However I wanna share my timeline with everyone. I applied on the 13th of July, received emails every 24th of each month and hope November's email is the last one.
Thank you.

Godwithus1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Godwithus1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:41 pm

nervcc wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:11 pm
Hi all

Thanks
Am from Zimbabwe as well.

nervcc
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nervcc » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi
Thanks for the reply
Are there any changes yet. What chances do new applicants have.

nervcc
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nervcc » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Godwithus1 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:41 pm
nervcc wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:11 pm
Hi all

Thanks
Am from Zimbabwe as well.
???

Godwithus1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Godwithus1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:36 pm

nervcc wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:04 pm
Hi
Thanks for the reply
Though there's a significant change however I believe it is too early for non temporary change until maybe after elections or a year. Did you send yr application? As well it depends with your case nomatter what!

nervcc
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by nervcc » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:15 am

Godwithus1 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:36 pm
nervcc wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:04 pm
Hi
Thanks for the reply
Though there's a significant change however I believe it is too early for non temporary change until maybe after elections or a year. Did you send yr application? As well it depends with your case nomatter what!

Hi

That’s very comforting and gives me hope
Yes i did send mine this month.
Many thanks

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:46 am

Hi

I need information about section 5 where they said

(If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box)

Plz tell me we need to do again or if I leav empty this box is that ok cos my circumstances are still same plz plz tell me I have only 1 day left to apply

Umerali190
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Umerali190 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:04 am

Hi there!! I have done my application my self and in section 5 I didn’t mention anything all they want to see weather u travelled back home or you have a criminal record that’s all I received my ilr after 5 months so don’t stress as long u don’t have a criminal record and u didn’t travel to your country

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:13 am

In section 3 (Family members) of the SET(P) application, if the applicant has a child in their care who is British citizen (UK passport), do they have to include them as dependents and not request for settlement (not applicable), or leave the section blank?

This case is where the spouse and child of the person granted time-limited (5y) refugee leave and is requesting settlement are both British citizens.

Would the family and integration information (spouse of BC & EEA national and mother/farther of BC) affect the outcome of the SET(P) ILR application? Should that information be provided and if so, in a cover letter or section 4.14 (Countries with family or cultural ties)?

I guess this information on family members (non-dependents for immigration purposes) would help the applicants case against Safe Return reviews on the basis of article 8 ECJ, rights to family life and prove eligibility in case of rejection for other visas such as FLR(M) or maybe EEA(FM) after recent ECJ decision of retaining treaty rights after naturalisation...

What is your opinion on the aforementioned?

I suppose in this case naturalisation could be applied straight upon successfully obtaining ILR(SET(P)) based on marriage to BC + 3 years residence.

Thanks in advance for your advice and comments and wish the best to all applicants waiting for decisions.

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi umerali

Thx for help and one more thing do need to write any colum about my country situation or about my circumstances or just simply fill up form and attech required documents and send them ??

Thx for ur help

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi

Some body can tell me I need a cover latter as wel ?? Or just simply fill up form and attached documents and send to HO??

Tnd
Newly Registered
India

Post by Tnd » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:21 am

Hello
I have applied my set p ilr in January 2017 i have done my bio matrics in jan. Waited for 6months but did not recive any email or any latter from home office so I contacted them in june then they wrote me a latter stating they need more time as there has been exceptionally complax issue with my file and they said they will reply me in three months i waited for another three months no reply i wrote them again asking about decisions in reply they send me same latter again that they need further more time so its december now. So any advise for me guys or is there any one els who is waiting since January

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 am

Hi Zeebro44,

Covering letter not be a compulsory one because the set p process fully consider & depend on your initial claim but still you can make a one that if you think you have more to say to the caseworker such as your circumstance in your country has unchanged. also you can add things like your a person never been committed offence in this county, no criminal offence, a law-abiding person, never breach common and immigration laws, respect and adopted to British culture, also you can add your paying tax towards contribute to this county and its economy ect ....

best of luck

Zeebro44 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:41 pm
Hi

Some body can tell me I need a cover latter as wel ?? Or just simply fill up form and attached documents and send to HO??

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 am

Tnd wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:21 am
Hello
I have applied my set p ilr in January 2017 i have done my bio matrics in jan. Waited for 6months but did not recive any email or any latter from home office so I contacted them in june then they wrote me a latter stating they need more time as there has been exceptionally complax issue with my file and they said they will reply me in three months i waited for another three months no reply i wrote them again asking about decisions in reply they send me same latter again that they need further more time so its december now. So any advise for me guys or is there any one els who is waiting since January
Hi
As far as i know the nationalities of South Asian's are getting huge delays on their application outcomes.
i know few people so far waiting more than a year without an outcome. home office wrote th same letters to them. but some good news as well few of them got their ILR after long waiting 12 months.

so i hope your case also the same and hope you could get a positive response soon but my advise is to consult a solicitor or your local MP.