ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about marriage visa for my albanian boyfriend

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lucyyy
inactive
United Kingdom

What visa options are there for my albanian boyfriend?

Post by lucyyy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:12 am

Hello,

I am a young british born girl currently studying and met my boyfriend who is from albania some months ago in London.

He is currently on a student visa which expires early 2018.

As cheesy as it sounds we are crazy in love.

I am curious as to what options there are for him in terms of extending his visa.

I understand that he can come back to London potentially on a visitors visa for 6 months but I am unsure how lenient they are in giving these to Albanian nationals.

Also I understand that if we live together for 2 years, he can come back to the UK as my partner on a family visa. Does this mean if I move to albania with him or another country for 2 years this could be possible.

I am more then happy to go anywhere in the world with him as we are both young and have no commitments and are financially secure but I am qualifying as a nurse next year and so really need to be in the uk for my first job for at least a year.

I also want to know the implications for him if he continued to stay in the uk past his visa expiration. I am 100% not considering this option but am curious to know.

Please give me all the information you can :D Everything is extremely helpful!

smarter1
United Kingdom

Re: What visa options are there for my albanian boyfriend?

Post by smarter1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:46 am

If you want to apply for a family visa, you will need to earn at least £18600 pa or about £62000 in savings, which may be difficult if you are still getting your qualification. Also, you will have to show you both live somewhere (rented accommodation, for example).

Getting a visitor visa for this purpose is not good, he won't be able to extend it in the UK and it may be used against you in the future that he will be using visitor visa to cohabit with you. Another alternative would be to extend his student visa.

Elliewifetoalbanian

Post by Elliewifetoalbanian » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:51 am

I have never ever heard of an Albanian on a student visa - have you actually seen it or just going by his word? Alot of albanians in the UK are/or once were illelegal. When you say living together for 2 years - this in for the FLR FP route unmarried partners for 2 years an inside UK application, if you do not want to frustrate the immigration rules, it would be for him to return to Albania and either bring him on a 6 month marriage visa - so you must marry within the UK in that time frame or marry in Albania and bring him to UK on spouse visa earning over 18600. There is no route to bring him to the UK permanently without being married. It is very difficult for Albanian nationals to get a visitors visa, their country is a very poor country with little opportunties, many are on the basis they would not return. I know of a 67 year old albanian lady trying to meet her grandchild who has been refused as they think she would work in the UK. If he overstayed his visa he would recieve a letter from home office to leave the country or could be held in an immigration centre and deported.

lucyyy
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by lucyyy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Elliewifetoalbanian wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:51 am
I have never ever heard of an Albanian on a student visa - have you actually seen it or just going by his word? Alot of albanians in the UK are/or once were illelegal. When you say living together for 2 years - this in for the FLR FP route unmarried partners for 2 years an inside UK application, if you do not want to frustrate the immigration rules, it would be for him to return to Albania and either bring him on a 6 month marriage visa - so you must marry within the UK in that time frame or marry in Albania and bring him to UK on spouse visa earning over 18600. There is no route to bring him to the UK permanently without being married. It is very difficult for Albanian nationals to get a visitors visa, their country is a very poor country with little opportunties, many are on the basis they would not return. I know of a 67 year old albanian lady trying to meet her grandchild who has been refused as they think she would work in the UK. If he overstayed his visa he would recieve a letter from home office to leave the country or could be held in an immigration centre and deported.
Thank you so much for your reply!!! Well he is enrolled in an international university in Albania and so through this has been given the opportunity to study abroad for 18 months and then return.

For the 2 year route, does it still count us living together for 2 years if I am living with him outside the UK.

If he does stay past his visa expiration does it mean he would not be granted a marriage visa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 pm

lucyyy wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:06 pm
Elliewifetoalbanian wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:51 am
Thank you so much for your reply!!! Well he is enrolled in an international university in Albania and so through this has been given the opportunity to study abroad for 18 months and then return.

For the 2 year route, does it still count us living together for 2 years if I am living with him outside the UK. YES

If he does stay past his visa expiration does it mean he would not be granted a marriage visa? Not necessarily, but it may complicate the application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

lucyyy
inactive
United Kingdom

Questions about marriage visa for my albanian boyfriend

Post by lucyyy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Hello,

I am 21 and a student currently but from october 2018 I will be working with a salary of £26,000 before tax. My boyfriend can stay in the UK until June of which he is going to return to his country (albania) and then I am going to join him for a few months from july - october and the return to the UK to start my job and hopefully bring him with me through a marriage visa.

My question is that because currently Im not earning, will i be required to work for a year to prove my salary or will one month of me working and earning around £2000 be enough to prove that i am above the threshold of £18600.

Also in terms of getting a family visa for my boyfriend, is it best for me to go abroad and marry him or apply for the 6 months marriage visa and marry him in the uk?

Also I read online that it is okay to stay for 90 days after your visa expiration day before problems start arising?

Thank you!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Questions about marriage visa for my albanian boyfriend

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:11 pm

You need six months of payslips and an employers letter plus employment contract.

Marriage/Fiancee is up to personal choice. You mention six month marriage visa - that's not appropriate as it's purely to marry on - then leave, no switching is possible. It's mainly for those wishing to marry in UK and nothing else.

There's no 90 day leeway - overstay is overstay full stop.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lucyyy
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by lucyyy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:20 pm

O
Wanderer wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:11 pm
You need six months of payslips and an employers letter plus employment contract.

Marriage/Fiancee is up to personal choice. You mention six month marriage visa - that's not appropriate as it's purely to marry on - then leave, no switching is possible. It's mainly for those wishing to marry in UK and nothing else.

There's no 90 day leeway - overstay is overstay full stop.
Thanks for the reply!
So what visa do I use to bring him to the uk to marry him and then he stays?

If so why does the citizen advice bureau website say that there is a 90 day period?
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... ayed-visa/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 pm

A fiance visa, costs £1464 and you will still need 6 months evidence of meeting the financial requirement. You are required to marry within the 60 months and then apply in the UK for a spouse visa on FLR(M), meet all the requirements again. Your boyfriend will not be permitted to work on the initial 6 months visa.
If so why does the citizen advice bureau website say that there is a 90 day period?
CAB are not Home Office and a visa holder should NOT overstay their visa. If you do not apply for a visa before the 6 month one expires, you can expect a lot of problems.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lucyyy
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by lucyyy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 pm
A fiance visa, costs £1464 and you will still need 6 months evidence of meeting the financial requirement. You are required to marry within the 60 months and then apply in the UK for a spouse visa on FLR(M), meet all the requirements again. Your boyfriend will not be permitted to work on the initial 6 months visa.
CAB are not Home Office and a visa holder should NOT overstay their visa. If you do not apply for a visa before the 6 month one expires, you can expect a lot of problems.
Okay thank you for all your help! One last question which is a bit complicated. So although my boyfriend has a student visa in his passport and its 'legit' he is not actually studying at a uk university.I don't know exactly how it works but he paid someone to sort this out for him and flew directly to uk and had no problem entering. So to the authorities i guess everything appears normal. So he is going to leave when it expires so everything is technically above board. But my concern is that if I am to take this further in terms of marriage etc will the authorities look back and realise what he did and sanction him for this?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 pm

lucyyy wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:36 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 pm
Okay thank you for all your help! One last question which is a bit complicated. So although my boyfriend has a student visa in his passport and its 'legit' he is not actually studying at a uk university.I don't know exactly how it works but he paid someone to sort this out for him and flew directly to uk and had no problem entering. So to the authorities i guess everything appears normal. So he is going to leave when it expires so everything is technically above board. But my concern is that if I am to take this further in terms of marriage etc will the authorities look back and realise what he did and sanction him for this?
That definitely doesn't sound legitimate, in fact just the opposite, sounds extremely dodgy.

They will check his record at the university he's supposed to be attending and if that shows he's not attending etc you can expect a whole host of trouble.

Albanians I'm afraid have a terrible reputation for this sort of thing and you can be sure any application will he heavily scrutinised.

If there's any fraud or identity theft involved he can probably expect a lengthy visa ban or even jail.

If I were you I'd get to the bottom of this ASAP before you personally get dragged in too deep...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:47 pm

So although my boyfriend has a student visa in his passport and its 'legit' he is not actually studying at a uk university.I don't know exactly how it works but he paid someone to sort this out for him and flew directly to uk and had no problem entering.
Well then it clearly is NOT 'legit'. If he 'bought' a visa from some 'agent', then he is in the UK illegally. Only a University or HO approved college can sponsor a student for a Tier 4 student visal once course fees are paid and a CAS is issued to enable a student to apply for the visa. And there are strict conditions attached to these visa, i.e. no more than 20 hours work per week and if a student's attendance on their course drops, the sponsorship is withdrawn and HO is notified and the student visa is cancelled.
So to the authorities i guess everything appears normal. So he is going to leave when it expires so everything is technically above board. But my concern is that if I am to take this further in terms of marriage etc will the authorities look back and realise what he did and sanction him for this?
If he is not already on HO's radar. He will not get away with this forever and it will catch up to him. And no, nothing is 'above board' based on what you are stating.

You have to ask yourself whether this whole process is really worth it for you if this level of deception and disregard for laws is done so blatantly by him. How do you know he is not simply using you as another 'stepping stone' into the UK for a visa route that does lead to permanent residence etc (student visas don't by the way, the real legit ones)? If you marry and have kids, that makes it even easier for him to remain in the UK if he walks out on you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lucyyy
inactive
United Kingdom

Post by lucyyy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:47 pm
So although my boyfriend has a student visa in his passport and its 'legit' he is not actually studying at a uk university.I don't know exactly how it works but he paid someone to sort this out for him and flew directly to uk and had no problem entering.
Well then it clearly is NOT 'legit'. If he 'bought' a visa from some 'agent', then he is in the UK illegally. Only a University or HO approved college can sponsor a student for a Tier 4 student visal once course fees are paid and a CAS is issued to enable a student to apply for the visa. And there are strict conditions attached to these visa, i.e. no more than 20 hours work per week and if a student's attendance on their course drops, the sponsorship is withdrawn and HO is notified and the student visa is cancelled.
So to the authorities i guess everything appears normal. So he is going to leave when it expires so everything is technically above board. But my concern is that if I am to take this further in terms of marriage etc will the authorities look back and realise what he did and sanction him for this?
If he is not already on HO's radar. He will not get away with this forever and it will catch up to him. And no, nothing is 'above board' based on what you are stating.

You have to ask yourself whether this whole process is really worth it for you if this level of deception and disregard for laws is done so blatantly by him. How do you know he is not simply using you as another 'stepping stone' into the UK for a visa route that does lead to permanent residence etc (student visas don't by the way, the real legit ones)? If you marry and have kids, that makes it even easier for him to remain in the UK if he walks out on you.
Hello, I understand.

He is lying to me about something regarding this visa for sure. But whatever it is i know he is doing it to not upset me. So what I said above might not even be anywhere near the truth.

I am the one pushing to find a solution. Every time I mention marriage etc he tells me to stop and laughs at the idea and that i should just focus on my studies. That its not my concern. He also disliked the uk since he came here and felt lonely and only planned to stay and work like crazy and make some money then leave.
And I know I am asking about marriage in this thread a lot but in reality I know its a ridiculous idea. Just in turmoil.
Its hard because it looks so bad but I can assure you he is not in any crime or anything. Just working extremely hard and long hours for money. Since i meet him I've met lots of people who are young and illegal and its just a different world and opened my eyes to it.
Im going to his advice and the advice on here delete this post and my account on here and let him figure it out. Otherwise I will worry myself mad. Thank you for the help and could anyone direct me on how to delete ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:25 pm

Just working extremely hard and long hours for money.

Well he is working illegally and if caught and his 'visa' is f a k e, he will be deported.
Im going to his advice and the advice on here delete this post and my account on here and let him figure it out. Otherwise I will worry myself mad. Thank you for the help and could anyone direct me on how to delete ?
Posts and accounts are not deleted.

comments-about-discussion-board/if-you- ... l#p1231600
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Elliewifetoalbanian

Post by Elliewifetoalbanian » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:48 pm

As I said in my previous post never ever heard of an Albanian on student visa so your last post proves my point.

Even if he is here illelegally and working illelegally this does not make him a bad person or a criminal. Maybe he genuinelly met you and fell in love. Please dont feel it is all fraud for a visa i was told this numerous times as Albanains sadly do have a very bad reputation.

I think your best bet will be to put in a flr fp application (you really need to be living together 2 years/married/pregnant) to win your case but i think he is better putting this in before the authoritys find out about this university.

They may not be looking into it at the moment but they will find out in future applications or if somehow this agent suddenly gets lots of albanians into UK and they dig deeper

Your inbetween a rock and a hard place, I dony envy you I have been there but i just want to let you know theres hope.