ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going to ask HMRC for a letter that says this....

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JohnOhn

Going to ask HMRC for a letter that says this....

Post by JohnOhn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:01 pm

We need to show that we are either director of a company or currently registered as being self-employed in the three months before applying for extension and IRL. Right now I am only registered as self-employed, so I need to present the HO with a letter from HMRC confirming this (I don't know what other evidence I could provide the HO to show I am currently registered as self-employed within 3 months of my extension––do any of you?).

I am going to call HMRC and ask them to provide me with a letter saying the following:

DATE

To Whom It May Concern,

HMRC herby confirms that FIRST NAME LAST NAME (date of birth: XX July XXXX) with the Unique Taxpayer Reference number XXXXXXXXXXXX and the National Insurance number XXXXXXXXXXXX is, as of the date of this letter, currently registered in the self-assessment system as being self-employed.

He has been registered in the self-assessment system as being self-employed since XX April 2012.

Signed,

HMRC representative

So three questions:

1) Will a letter stating the above be enough for HMRC to show this (from the guidance): "
163. If you are self-employed when you apply, you must provide documentation to demonstrate that you are registered as self-employed with HM Revenue & Customs."?

2) Should I include anything else in the letter from HMRC?

3) Does HMRC generally grant specific requests like this? (it's baffling to me that they don't have a system where you could print off some kind of dated certificate to say you are self-employed. It would make it so much easier).

Thanks so much for all your input everyone!

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Going to ask HMRC for a letter that says this....

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Just call them and explain you need a letter of your self employed status/registration.

The format is irrelevant - you only need a HMRC document that shows you are Self employed
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Going to ask HMRC for a letter that says this....

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:48 am

Pls continue in your existing topic on this issue.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/self-employe ... l#p1551312
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.